Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I agree

27 41.54%
  • No, I don't think so

14 21.54%
  • Maybe

11 16.92%
  • Don't care. OP you need to get laid more (lol)

13 20.00%
    Don't know if this has been talked before. But don't you think that maybe RIM (or any other company in general) would intentionally have people that would "leak" a beta build to the public, so they could have a wide variety of testers without worrying about having to deal with bricked or damaged phones, due to the fact that people are obtaining these builds from an unofficial source. And RIM can just have people reading forums like this one to see all the problems the build has.

It would be an excellent idea, probably illegal, but would really be the best way to have real life testing of their builds, not have to worry about damaged phones and it's free for them.

Just a thought that came to my mind
    01-27-09 10:38 PM
    I doubt they do it intentionally (well, the company in general, not those sneaky ones that DO leak it on purpose), because they don't want to be held responsible for people bricking/nuking their phones... it would be nice however if they had say a group of beta testers in the general population (i.e. not working for RIM), and maybe initiate it with a sign-up form that clears them of all responsibility if you eff up your phone. I think it would help them out.

btw I vote D.
    01-28-09 01:15 AM
    Well if this is the case, so they would have probably leaked the .232 by now, not only the .228...
    however, you have a point in this and no one can be quite sure.

i go for D
    01-28-09 01:37 AM
    bet they do it on purpose.......
    01-28-09 04:36 AM
    Well it does seem a little odd that we get alllllll of the leaks. I mean RIM is kind of a LARGE company and you would think if they wanted to they could keep these kind of things under control. Just my 10 cents.
    01-28-09 08:26 PM
    I think that they probably have something to do with all those leaked builds. But we probably would never know for sure.
    01-29-09 10:31 AM
    Doesn't matter to me. Bricked my Curve and BOLD a few times and brought it back. So, bricking/nuking my berry is a non issue. As far as the leaks, I enjoy them and don't feel the need to investigate theories behind them. H*ll, I do that(investigate) as a job for a living- everyday.
    01-29-09 08:27 PM
    This has been discussed many, many times before and the bottom line is that:

- RIM's beta testers leak OSs in violation of their NDA.

- RIM do not care about CrackBerry. We are a total of 600K and RIM has sold 15M+ phones. We are a tiny minority for them.

I voted "No, I don't think so" although I have sympathy with choice four - for all of us.... well, the last bit anyway.
    02-03-09 05:16 PM
    No RIM does not leak betas. It costs them money when they leak. And 98% of the members here aren't qualified to beta test device software so the information given is pretty much useless.
    02-03-09 05:22 PM
    No RIM does not leak betas. It costs them money when they leak. And 98% of the members here aren't qualified to beta test device software so the information given is pretty much useless.
    Probably higher, but its not just here, its any forum.
    02-03-09 05:23 PM
    I have to concur with C_X and Sith, I would have to bump the number of members not qualified though to 99%+/-. I have a technical background and have written many programs and I would not even consider myself remotely qualified to put these OS's to the test. By the number of members that post issues with all the beta software that has been released and the fact they are intalling 3rd party applications that have not been updated, then complaining about how the OS works, proves this theory.

Just my .02 worth

On another note I would like to thank C_X, Sith and Kevin for all the dialog regarding all of the Beta's, you are greatly appreciated!
    02-03-09 06:01 PM
    I think I voted no or don't give a d*mn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD