I want to swap out my black housing for red, that I found on cnn.cn:

Blackberry Curve 8330 OEM red full housing version 2: (can't post URL's yet)
    First of all, I assume version 2 just means it has the red backplate instead of black. Anyone know for sure?

Also, it states this: Please note the midplate is bare and requires a transfer of the antenna, loudspeaker and any contact pins from your old midplate onto the new one

Can someone explain this? I've obviously never been on the inside of a BB, so I have no idea what this means exactly.

Thanks so much in advance!

mrsding
    01-27-09 08:27 PM
    If you are on Verizon, have never been inside of a BlackBerry before, and want to switch your housing that means your housing right now is grey and not black, right?

If you are trying to switch the housing, you do not need to swap out the midplate, and you can ignore that part.
    01-27-09 08:31 PM
    If you do a search, there are threads and videos on the CB that show you how to do this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 08:55 PM
    shooptek, you're right...it's grey/silver.

So I don't have to worry about the midplate. That's good news. Bergerking, cnn.cn has a great video tutorial, I just wasn't sure what the midplate was, or the names of some of the parts.

Hey, I'm a girl, and just want a pretty BB (and NOT pink!)

Thanks for the quick replies.

mrsding
    01-27-09 10:04 PM
    go to youtube and search for repair bb
    01-28-09 10:44 AM
    I did it!

Ok, small feat for some, but big deal to me. I now have a RED BB 8330. And it looks VERY It really was easy...even for me!

I just placed another order...silver keyboard, black trackball.

I think I've created a monster!

Thanks for the advice everyone.

mrsding
    02-20-09 08:13 AM
    oooh wow, I want to change my bb color! (im a girl too, i want pink!) lol ---off to browse
    02-20-09 12:10 PM
    They have piiiiink!!

Believe me, it's really easy and I love the new look!

Have fun!
    mrsding
    02-20-09 12:23 PM
    I saw it I saw it... oh boy
    02-20-09 12:29 PM
    I can hear it!!

mrsding
    02-20-09 12:31 PM
    I just received my custom painted blue housing for my Verizon 8330 from BeckyMae, and my husband has put it on for me and it looks AWESOME.

Like you, I wanted a pretty berry...and now it is!!!
    02-20-09 12:40 PM
    custom painted??? oooh weee
    02-20-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD