Is there a way to save a voice note to become a ringtone?
    I just wanted to personalize the voice notes and make them into my personalized ringtones.

I have an ATT 8300 Curve.

Thanks in advance
    01-14-08 12:08 AM
    Yes, there is a way.

1. Creat your voice note then send via email to yourself.
    2. Open attachement using your Media Player and play.
    3. Click Menu button and hit save.
    01-14-08 01:00 AM
    Once you have saved that voice note, it can now be accessed and selected as phone ringer or notification.
    01-14-08 01:01 AM
    If you do not have a DATA plan, you can send as MMS also and follow the directions above once you get the text.
    01-14-08 05:52 AM
    I tried sending a voice note to my sister today and when she received the MMS and tried downloading it, it said download failed. The BB creates it as an .amr file which I've never heard of... Her phone may not be capable of opening those types of files? Then I saved it myself and found a free converter online and converted it to mp3 for her and when she tried to play it on her phone it said playback failed.

Anyone have any ideas?
    02-11-08 11:19 PM
    I have a program on my pc called "text Aloud" where you can type text and let the program -say it- for you. You also can save it to a file.

I'm using a voice from AT&T and all my alerts, with exception of the ring tone, are spoken.

People like it very much and I like it very much.

Daruba.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-08 06:20 AM
    Nevermind... I figured how to email... I didn't have an email address associated with the person so that's why I only had MMS option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-08 10:08 AM
    I have an 8330 with verizon and it doesn't give me the option to select from the voice notes to set as a ringer. I followed the steps mentioned above and it won't pop up. my wife has the storm and it gives her the option and i thought it would on my curve too.

am i doing something wrong or missing a step?

thanx
    01-21-09 10:55 PM
    I have an 8330 with verizon and it doesn't give me the option to select from the voice notes to set as a ringer. I followed the steps mentioned above and it won't pop up. my wife has the storm and it gives her the option and i thought it would on my curve too.

am i doing something wrong or missing a step?

thanx
    Did you email or mms the voicenote to yourself first?
    01-21-09 11:37 PM
    Yeah my wife emailed several of hers, and i was able to save it as a voice note and set as ring tone, but when i edit a contact and browse for ringtones they won't show up on the list.

Thanx
    01-22-09 06:52 AM
    Did you email or mms the voicenote to yourself first?
    I have the 8330 curve and all I do is make the voice note with the voice note recorder. When I'm done it saves it to my phone. Then I just go into my media files, find it and click on the bb button, and I get the option to set it as a ring tone. I don't have to go thru thet steps of e-mailing or texting it to myself
    01-22-09 10:07 AM
    I just posted a solution after spending LOTS of time on this...a very quick answer really. Check my post out as well...good luck!
    01-24-09 11:42 AM
    Thanx lovetoboat. i figured it out after I noticed it was saving in the voice note folder.
    01-26-09 05:57 PM
    i know how to save voice recorders as a ringtone for my phone in general, but can i choose different ones for different people? When i go into my adress book, it wont let me choose from the list of voice recorded sounds. HELP!
    02-26-09 06:48 PM
    i know how to save voice recorders as a ringtone for my phone in general, but can i CHOOSE ONES FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE? When i go into my adress book, it wont let me choose from the list of voice recorded sounds. HELP!
    this is what im lookin for
    04-03-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD