I just purchased a 16gb media card and was wondering if I would have to uninstall the 3rd party programs before switching out the media card? Or would I do a backup?

Also, how do you get the one that is in there out?

Thanks
    01-27-09 01:51 PM
    you don't have to do anything. slacker is the only 3rd party app that is currently writing to the media card. the easiest thing to do is take your 8GB card and copy everything down to your PC. then copy it up to the 16GB card. Your phone won't even notice the change, except of course for all of the extra room. This is what I did.

To get it out, simply take off your battery cover and then slide the card out. They come out relatively easy.
    01-27-09 01:56 PM
    The 3rd party apps are stored on internal memory, not on the memory card so there's no problem there.

To remove your old card, just take off the back cover and slide the card out, there's no spring mechanism or anything, its just wedged in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 01:57 PM
    Thank you, my daughter has a blackberry curve and it was a little difficult at first trying to open the door to put in the card.
    01-27-09 02:05 PM
    You can use Aerize Card Loader to put apps on/off the card so you can put apps that are not in use but take up a lot of room. Just a thought. I also have a 16GB card from my BB Bold and the larger screen will be very nice for movies.l
    01-27-09 02:10 PM
    What 16gb card are you folks running? I'm looking to pick one up, for more media space. Always a good idea to check and see what works before buying...you know?
    01-27-09 02:11 PM
    OMG! 16G?? I have got to get one of those. My 8G is almost full!!!
    01-27-09 04:11 PM
    I purchased a sandisk 16gb media card.
    01-27-09 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD