I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to get UMA to work on my Unlocked Rogers phone. I have T-Mobile USA. There has to be a flash upgrade for something I can do to wipe out all the old firmware and replace it with T-mobile's so UMA will work.
    01-27-09 09:54 AM
    01-27-09 10:00 AM
    Do you really need 2 threads on this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/re...mobile-146152/
    01-27-09 10:00 AM
    [QUOTE=coldconfession13;1514258]read this website

The username and password that the article says to use doesn't work
    01-27-09 10:24 AM
    The User Name and password combination no longer works, check the comments at the bottom of that article.
    01-27-09 10:33 AM
    The User Name and password combination no longer works, check the comments at the bottom of that article.
    The say there is another way to find these tools if you "know" darn I just want UMA to work..
    01-27-09 10:56 AM
    I'm willing to pay someone 20 bucks via pay pal if they can get UMA to work on my phone..
    01-27-09 11:17 AM
    01-27-09 11:19 AM
    [ualk to them
    Called them and they said the way they had to do it has been taken down. I'm assuming he meant the way that was described in that article.
    01-27-09 11:31 AM
    Why did you buy an unlocked rogers 8900 if you use t-mobile anyway? Sell the rogers for a profit and buy t-mobiles version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 11:44 AM
    Why did you buy an unlocked rogers 8900 if you use t-mobile anyway? Sell the rogers for a profit and buy t-mobiles version.

He may have gotten it a month or 2 ago
    01-27-09 11:49 AM
    Graffix857tbc

Post a PIN so one can get in touch with you
    01-27-09 12:18 PM
    I just spoke to RIM and they said right now since the phone is not released on T-mobile they cannot do anything. They did say that the UMA settings will be updated once T-mobile releases the phone and the new service books. They told me if it still doesn't work after that happens to call them back and they will assist me
    01-27-09 12:26 PM
    The service books are on t mobiles bis site, did you try pushing them out one you updated your pin with bis?

01-27-09 12:31 PM
    There just not service books you need to add/change. Believe me

01-27-09 12:35 PM
    I just spoke to RIM and they said right now since the phone is not released on T-mobile they cannot do anything. They did say that the UMA settings will be updated once T-mobile releases the phone and the new service books. They told me if it still doesn't work after that happens to call them back and they will assist me
    This is bologna, it works NOW. T-Mobile released 8900 for business and regular channels.
    01-27-09 12:38 PM
    The service books are on t mobiles bis site, did you try pushing them out one you updated your pin with bis?

Service books has nothing to do with this.
    01-27-09 12:39 PM
    @Graffix857tbc - Please search the forums for the answers you seek. The information you are looking for is available.

In short, as previously mentioned in the other thread you created on this topic, the UMA will not work with a Rogers branded phone on the T-mobile network. There are settings setup for the phone on the particular carrier for a reason. If I were you I would sell that Rogers branded 8900 and then purchase the T-mobile 8900 so you can have UMA working.
    01-27-09 12:51 PM
    @Graffix857tbc - Please search the forums for the answers you seek. The information you are looking for is available.

In short, as previously mentioned in the other thread you created on this topic, the UMA will not work with a Rogers branded phone on the T-mobile network.
    Simply, this is wrong.
    01-27-09 01:51 PM
    Simply, this is wrong.
    It is? Show me how to get it to work, I would love to know.
    01-27-09 01:55 PM
    Service books has nothing to do with this.
    I was responding to what RIM told him about the service books. I've never done this before, so of course I don't know for sure. Was just trying to be helpful, as is the Crackberry mindset.

Simply, this is wrong.
    So then please, enlighten us with the information you know. Posting roadblocks or statements that contradict what most people are saying helps nothing if you don't explain your reasoning.

Anybody who is not willing to help is part of the problem.
    01-27-09 01:57 PM
    It is? Show me how to get it to work, I would love to know.
    I have an unbranded RIM 8120 (vendor code -1) running UMA on T-Mobile. It depends on what you have access to in the device.
    01-27-09 02:03 PM
    I have an unbranded RIM 8120 (vendor code -1) running UMA on T-Mobile. It depends on what you have access to in the device.
    So are any of you guys going to help out those who are trying to get a non T-mobile device to have UMA work on the T-mobile network or will you just continue to keep saying you have it working without sharing the information on how to do it? I don't even have T-mobile service so it really doesn't matter to me but I know it would be nice to help others out in the Crackberry community that are in need of assistance.
    01-27-09 02:12 PM
    The information that was posted does work, the username and password were just removed/changed because of the news story about it. The process is the same as long as you have access to the engineering screens on the device. And its possible for those much better at programming than I to figure out the formula for generating those codes if they have enough points of data.
    01-27-09 02:14 PM
    Ok, so it works but there's no access to a user name and/or password to get it working? I guess that helps a little, but its hard to verify the process.
    01-27-09 02:17 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD