Due to members feeling this idea can and will do harm to the Storm I have removed this idea.

It was also expressed that the process cannot increase performance or speed I must have been mistaken.

I think all in all it could have been handled in a less demeaning fashion but non the less this is for the best.

Nothing to see here move along. . . . .
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 01-26-09 at 11:09 PM.
    01-26-09 09:21 PM
    interesting. anyone know if this could harm the phone?
    01-26-09 09:24 PM
    I'm going to try it with Diskeeper.
    01-26-09 09:26 PM
    I think the only thing fragmented here is your brain.

YOU CAN'T ACCESS THE ONBOARD APP MEMORY FROM YOUR PC.

However, there is a pill you can take for your brain problem. Here, it's called a placebo.
    01-26-09 09:38 PM
    I think the only thing fragmented here is your brain.

YOU CAN'T ACCESS THE ONBOARD APP MEMORY FROM YOUR PC.

However, there is a pill you can take for your brain problem. Here, it's called a placebo.
    Hmm, that's funny...it show's up on as an accessible disk on my computer..
    01-26-09 09:39 PM
    lol Civic. I haven't been on here in weeks but decided to read a bit and found this and was just shaking my head.

OP: I'm not sure what you did, but you didn't defrag your berry. If you're positive you did so, please make a video for us of exactly how you did it!!
    01-26-09 09:41 PM
    HA HA HA HA HA HA oh jrsccivic98 you just are so funny!

You have a gift of humor, but go, go now and share it with the world!

Like I said when the Storm is plugged in I see Blackberry 1 and 2 I did the above and it works better.
    01-26-09 09:41 PM
    What about using the memory cleaner? I use that at least 6 times a day. It keeps my BB storm running pretty smooth. ... But I do wonder if it will cause some weird reaction later...any thoughts
    01-26-09 09:43 PM
    Can you defragment flash memory? I didn't think it was either possible or necessary?
    01-26-09 09:43 PM
    lol Civic. I haven't been on here in weeks but decided to read a bit and found this and was just shaking my head.

OP: I'm not sure what you did, but you didn't defrag your berry. If you're positive you did so, please make a video for us of exactly how you did it!!
    It's very simple in Diskeeper. If the berry is plugged into the computer, it will show up on the list in the program. It says BLACKBERRY1, 880MB. Now whether or not it made the berry faster is another question...and I don't think it did because it didn't find any fragmented files.

The flash memory just finished defragmenting. Diskeeper says Access Time to fragmented files has improved 58%. Found 13 fragmented files.
    01-26-09 09:44 PM
    Can you defragment flash memory? I didn't think it was either possible or necessary?

Nope. It wouldn't do a thing since it's flash memory. Defrag is useful for disk, not flash.
    01-26-09 09:47 PM
    Not possible to defrag flash memory.
    01-26-09 09:50 PM
    OK, I'm only going to say this one more time and I hope you humans can wrap your little minds around it.

YOU CANNOT ACCESS YOUR APP MEMORY FROM YOUR PC.

What you are seeing as Blackberry 1 and 2 is the Internal 1GB of Media storage and the Media Card slot (if there's a card in it... by default the 8GB that came with the 9530.) So, with that said, the most you're defraging is your media files, THAT'S IT... NOT THE APPS YOU INSTALLED ON YOUR PHONE AND CERTAINLY NOT THE OS FILES.

You cannot (with your public capabilities) access the onboard 128MB of app memory. I hope we're clear now.
    01-26-09 09:51 PM
    OK, I'm only going to say this one more time and I hope you humans can wrap your little minds around it.

What you are seeing as Blackberry 1 and 2 is the Internal 1GB of Media storage and the Media Card slot (if there's a card in it... by default the 8GB that came with the 9530.) So, with that said, the most you're defraging is your media files, THAT'S IT... NOT THE APPS YOU INSTALLED ON YOUR PHONE AND CERTAINLY NOT THE OS FILES.

You cannot (with your public capabilities) access the onboard 128MB of app memory. I hope we're clear now.
    You can take your little human mind and go shove it up ur a$$. No one cares for your attitude.
    01-26-09 09:53 PM
    You can take your little human mind and go shove it up ur a$$. No one cares for your attitude.
    Like it or not, if you believe otherwise on the OP, you're a dumbass. I'm right, you guys are wrong in this case. Sorry if you don't like the truth.
    01-26-09 09:54 PM
    Like it or not, if you believe otherwise on the OP, you're a dumbass.
    I didn't say I believed otherwise, I'm just saying you're a jackass, that's all.
    01-26-09 09:55 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Why oh why did I stay away from the crack for so long??!
    01-26-09 09:56 PM
    HA HA HA HA HA HA oh jrsccivic98 you just are so funny!

You have a gift of humor, but go, go now and share it with the world!

Like I said when the Storm is plugged in I see Blackberry 1 and 2 I did the above and it works better.
    Blackberry 1 and 2 is your device memory (1gb) and your sd card. not your app memory! I don't see how that could speed up the os. It may speed up media access but I'm still not sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 09:56 PM

He's correct gentlemen. The only way i know of to gain very limited access to the phones internal memory is using the media manager that comes with the DTM and that only for media files. I'm also sure i read defraging flash memory shortens its lifespan.
    01-26-09 09:57 PM

And that is also a very good point.

Civic does know a lot about BB, Civic is correct, you only access your onboard memory and memory card.

But lets just say for some ODD/WEIRD reason, you can defrag your BB, it is still flash memory and defrag will have no effect on flash, only disk.
    01-26-09 09:57 PM
    She's correct gentlemen. The only way i know of to gain very limited access to the phones internal memory is using the media manager that comes with the DTM and that only for media files. I'm also sure i read defraging flash memory shortens its lifespan.
    There, it's correct now.
    01-26-09 09:59 PM
    But lets just say for some ODD/WEIRD reason, you can defrag your BB, it is still flash memory and defrag will have no effect on flash, only disk.
    True, that's one good take away from this.
    01-26-09 09:59 PM
    He's correct gentlemen. The only way i know of to gain very limited access to the phones internal memory is using the media manager that comes with the DTM and that only for media files. I'm also sure i read defraging flash memory shortens its lifespan.
    lol that he is a she, and yes she is correct.
    01-26-09 10:00 PM
    I put it in an adapter and plug it into the USB drive. I have done it often and recently did it when I wanted to add a bunch of music files.

I dont think you have access to much of the onboard memory. Perhaps the docs fold etc.

Defragging flash memory will shorten it's lifespan. Flash memory is only meant to be written to a few thousand times. Reading it isn't a problem it's when you write. Defragging means reading and rewriting the data several times.
    01-26-09 10:05 PM
    There, it's correct now.
    Damn. Sorry Civic. I'll remember that.
    01-26-09 10:06 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD