Anyone seeing this error when trying to download pictures or whatever?
    01-26-09 07:14 PM
    yes it seems to happen when someone sends a picture of something that they took real upclose to that object.
    01-26-09 07:26 PM
    Can anyone send me a email if you see it now?

This should not have been seen since this weekend.
    01-26-09 07:31 PM
    huh? not sure what you mean
    01-26-09 09:33 PM
    I mean this error should no longer be appearing because it has been fixed but if anyone does run into it I would like users to let me know about it. It does no good to fix it and move on only to find out later it was only fixed in part.

I am a contractor working for Nextel and direct user feedback would really help.

I am new to the forum and I just now realized I could subscribe to a thread and get updates emailed to me - so posting to this thread if you see this error would be great - thanks in advance.
    01-26-09 10:16 PM
    Not entirely sure how to answer your question.
    What are you doing when you get it?
    Have you tried a battery pull and then trying the activity again?
    What kind of file or attachment are yoou trying to view? I sometimes get an error when trying to view YouTube clips but that's about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 12:45 PM
    Clear I was misreading your post sprintahead. This was one of the reason I went back to my 8330, maybe I will switch back tonight.

01-27-09 07:20 PM
    Yeah - I guess I didnt make it clear why I was asking.

Like most people I just want to do a good job and make sure I am doing all the right things. I can fix some things and then test with a handset but its not the same thing as finding out what the user experience is from people who use these devices and networks everyday for work and for fun. I dont want to get laid off again and going onto public forums is a pretty good way to do that - kinda pisses the execs off - but I am tired of not having clear communication on what the REAL end user experience is so I am trying to find out about this specific issue as a sort of test to find out how responsive the community is and whether or not I really have to wait three months and 400 user complaints to find out the fix didnt work or if I can get some feedback direct from people who use these devices.

Theres a lot more behind the scenes than just handsets - I dont work on handsets but what I do can fix a lot of issues you see on the handsets. I cant fix the whole pull the battery while standing on one foot while praying to the deity of your choice that your phone is gonna work (and the tech support guy you waited and hour for aint laughing at you) - but I can (and was hired to) fix some of the backend issues that give you people so much grief.

What a lot of people dont realize is that when a issue is "fixed" silence is the worst - because you dont know if people just gave up and switched devices or stopped calling because they got tired of doing it or if it really is fixed for good.

So any feedback on your experience surrounding this issue is appreciated.
    Last edited by sprintahead; 01-27-09 at 09:11 PM.
    01-27-09 08:25 PM
    I dont want to get laid off again and going onto public forums is a pretty good way to do that - kinda pisses the execs off -
    I hope to keep my job as well. It seems like these places (and others like it) are the best way to actually find out what is going on from the end-user point of view. One thing sprint is good for is killing any useful information before it gets to the people that need it!!
    01-29-09 04:14 AM
    I did the update, and get texts very fast now. However, the actual picture doesn't come through. All the other stuff does on the text, but no pic.
    01-29-09 10:47 AM
    Thanks tray - let me check into it.
    01-29-09 11:28 AM
    Confirmed tray - This a bit of a hot issue right now and I am working it as fast as possible. Problem has a few different branches and fixing one thing breaks another - testing is ongoing right now in the lab.

Anyone having trouble other than blank images?
    01-29-09 09:36 PM
    I have something I think...When I recieve a picture msg, sometimes I will get the first picture,then in the top right hand corner, it will say slide:1/3 for example, but the other 2 slids will be blank... I have the .112
    01-29-09 09:41 PM
    Thats great info Arai - I will be sure and include that scenario in the test runs. I suspect its an offshoot of Trays issue and if you had the sender send you slide 2 and 3 separately you would get the blank images but it is quite possible that multiple slides still wind up giving that kind of problem even if we fix trays problem so I will test that thoroughly once we are suer we nailed down the blank images.

Thanks again guys - this is great info!
    01-29-09 11:03 PM
    OK - Start banging away at pictures/content and you should see some improvements - fix went in tonight on the servers.

There is still a few problems with picure size being too small on the device but you shouldnt be getting blank images or incomplete content. If you save the image to the device it should render fully - might be small when you first see the picture.

Let me know how it works everyone - some feedback on this would be great!!!!!

Hoping to get a final fix in next week that will fix all the rendering issues - pics should look better - so if you see problems let me know in case I dont already know about it.

Let me know how your experience is....better? worse? needs work? leave it alone? =-)
    Last edited by sprintahead; 01-31-09 at 03:09 AM.
    01-31-09 01:12 AM
    Thanks it is good to see this problem is getting attention. I was on tech support for over 2 hours for this and all I got was "your phone does not support the feature to receive video and audio mms. I will reset everything and hopefully that fixes it." pft... worthless techs.

Hopefully it fixes the "could not retrieve message content. Try again later"
    Last edited by DAnderson91; 02-08-09 at 11:34 AM.
    02-08-09 03:49 AM
    Also Try Changing your settings from theme controlled to combined in your general settings.
    02-08-09 11:34 AM
    I have an 8350i for nextel and occasionally I recieve the could not retrieve the message content. It only happens on specific photos. Im not sure why.. I hope its fixed soon. I have not found an easy way to bypass the issue til there is a fix for the problem. I love the phone and the service where I live is great. my only other complaint is the phone does not ring long enough. I try to answer but its always too late.... Can I make the ringing go longer. Even with a good signal the phone will only ring twice and go to voicemail..... Any fixes?
    03-12-09 05:47 AM
    I have an 8350i for nextel and occasionally I recieve the could not retrieve the message content. It only happens on specific photos. Im not sure why.. I hope its fixed soon. I have not found an easy way to bypass the issue til there is a fix for the problem. I love the phone and the service where I live is great. my only other complaint is the phone does not ring long enough. I try to answer but its always too late.... Can I make the ringing go longer. Even with a good signal the phone will only ring twice and go to voicemail..... Any fixes?
    Yes, contact Nextel. They can lengthen your time before voicemail.
    Also, as has been found, if it's set up to ring and vibrate, it vibrates first, THEN rings... hence, you only hear the two rings. (but it actually 'rang' 4 times on the other end)
    03-12-09 08:00 AM
    OK - Start banging away at pictures/content and you should see some improvements - fix went in tonight on the servers.

There is still a few problems with picure size being too small on the device but you shouldnt be getting blank images or incomplete content. If you save the image to the device it should render fully - might be small when you first see the picture.

Let me know how it works everyone - some feedback on this would be great!!!!!

Hoping to get a final fix in next week that will fix all the rendering issues - pics should look better - so if you see problems let me know in case I dont already know about it.

Let me know how your experience is....better? worse? needs work? leave it alone? =-)
    I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread or not, but I have received MAYBE one of every ten pics sent to my phone regardless of size, close up/far away, etc. I spoke with a Tier 3 guy the other day who said it was a problem with receiving pics from a carrier other than Nextel. This theory was blown out of the water when someone recently posted that they had a pic sent from a Nextel phone that was unable to be retrieved. I have the blank slide issue, unable to retrieve content issue, hanset unable to view content go to webite to view full message, etc. I have gotten it all with no resolution. I am running .128 OS.

Last edited by lawden; 03-12-09 at 10:45 AM.
    03-12-09 10:42 AM
    I don't have a delay or not receiving problem with the text or sms whatever you want to call it. The problem I have is I get a number of repeated messages being sent to me. Like yesterday for example, I received the same text 5 different time and that like that with every 2 of 3 messages....
    03-12-09 12:00 PM
    I get the "Not retreived yet" message once in awhile with just regular text messages.
    03-12-09 01:17 PM
    I'm getting all of those problems with my device also

03-12-09 03:40 PM
    i cant open any pics also when my wife sends me a pic from her nextel phone it says it cant open it and it was removed.
    03-12-09 04:09 PM
    I mean this error should no longer be appearing because it has been fixed but if anyone does run into it I would like users to let me know about it. It does no good to fix it and move on only to find out later it was only fixed in part.

I am a contractor working for Nextel and direct user feedback would really help.

I am new to the forum and I just now realized I could subscribe to a thread and get updates emailed to me - so posting to this thread if you see this error would be great - thanks in advance.
    Hey sprintahead,

I received that error very frequently. This is my second 8350i (the first one died after having it). I just got the last one lastnight. I had to go onto sprint.com to view it.

palms1024
    03-21-09 02:14 PM
118 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD