Being a newbie to Blackberry's - you 'll have to excuse me if I'm missing the obvious here lol.

I'm running twitterberry on my Curve 8900 - and am having trouble getting alerts for my tweets. Have gone into my profiles and updated the settings in there, and have set Twitterberry to update interval 5 minutes.

I only get the alert tones when I open the app - though my understanding is that it will run in the background (like the facebook app does?).

Is there any way I can get this to work in the background and alert me when I receive new friends tweets? Or is it a bug that will be fixed at some future date?

If this is the case - is there any other app that will do what I want?

Cheers,
    Mike.
    01-26-09 05:02 PM
    Being a newbie to Blackberry's - you 'll have to excuse me if I'm missing the obvious here lol.

I'm running twitterberry on my Curve 8900 - and am having trouble getting alerts for my tweets. Have gone into my profiles and updated the settings in there, and have set Twitterberry to update interval 5 minutes.

I only get the alert tones when I open the app - though my understanding is that it will run in the background (like the facebook app does?).

Is there any way I can get this to work in the background and alert me when I receive new friends tweets? Or is it a bug that will be fixed at some future date?

Cheers,
    Mike.
    Hey Mike,

I was having difficulties with TwitterBerry last night actually. Not exactly the same issues your having, but similar. It is supposed to notify you when you get a tweet (if you have that setting selected), however there are a quite a few of bugs in TwitterBerry, so it could be a bug. A huge widespread bug is that when uploading a picture to TwitPic, it just stays at the "uploading to TwitPic" thing and it never does anything. I have reported this bug twice. Many other people have reported it also.

If you want to report it to the developers, click here and then fill out the form accordingly
    01-26-09 10:46 PM
    yeah twitterberry only pings a minimum of 5 mins apart and ur right, the notifications are wonky in my experience.
    01-27-09 07:39 AM
    A huge widespread bug is that when uploading a picture to TwitPic, it just stays at the "uploading to TwitPic" thing and it never does anything. I have reported this bug twice. Many other people have reported it also.
    Yeah, I've had the same trouble - I shall report it too.

If you want to report it to the developers, click here and then fill out the form accordingly
    Thanks for the link - Am off there now. Twitterberry has the marks of a fine app - if it worked as it was supposed to!
    01-27-09 03:57 PM

Cheers,
    Mike.
    i have the same issue... i get no notification once i back out of the application..
    just seems to only work when it's open.. which is unrealistic.. i'm not going to keep it open all day
    02-13-09 02:57 PM
    lol reminds me of iphone apps.
    02-13-09 03:41 PM
    I am a newbie to this forum and I am having the same problem. What good is twitterberry if you have to manually click the app to get the updates? Does anyone have a solution yet?
    02-19-09 12:13 AM

Cheers,
    Mike.
    I have the same problem. I do a sort of "workaround" that works pretty well. When you have your Friends Timeline open, press the End button instead of the Escape button. This will leave TB running in the background and you will get your alerts. It even works if you have it open and then stick it in a holster. Now if I could just fix the problem of not being able to upload pics. I've read on the forums for a couple workarounds for that and I'm about to try them. Anyway, I hope this helps. It's not the optimal solution but it works. Have a good day.
    03-04-09 10:27 AM
    I sent them a bug report. hopefully they can fix this and make twitterberry a killer app
    03-12-09 10:33 AM
    I changed the settings under configure from manual to every 5 mintues and it seems to work but now I have a t3 in the main screen that won't go away...any suggestions on to get it to go away after I read the updates/messages???
    07-24-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD