So I'm returning my storm because, unlike some of you, I don't have the patience to hope things will get better. I will be going with the Curve so atleast I'll keep it in the family. My question is: I talked to my Verizon store to ask if I would need to load the apps that I deleted and they said they would prefer that. Sooooo, can anyone get me a list of the stock apps ( I may have forgot what I deleted.)?? Can I install the apps I deleted or should I just re-do an install of .75? Thanks guys and its been........interesting.
    01-26-09 03:20 PM
    If I were, I wouldn't do it. Not to say your doing anything wrong... your only doing what you want. But I would try to update the Storm to the new leaked OS's and find one that suites you. The phone isn't bad after you make it your friend. Treat it nice and trust me, it will act the same way back.

Good luck with the Curve.
    01-26-09 03:24 PM
    You're returning it, personally I wouldn't worry about restoring the app.'s, just my 2 cents worth...
    01-26-09 03:25 PM
    I'm doing the same here, probably tonight
    GO CURVE
    01-26-09 03:25 PM
    I'd be more worried about leaving personal info on then restoring the deleted programs
    01-26-09 06:52 PM
    I would remove my personal data and then return it to the store. It's not like they can turn around and sell it to someone else (unless it's a dealer, then they can do whatever they want). You can use BBDM to get the applications back onto the phone, but that seems like a whole of trouble to go through when you are going to return it.
    01-26-09 07:11 PM
    I dont blame ya. The Curve is a great phone at that. But Ill stick with the Storm. Ill give it time to develope. It hasnt really givin me any problems at all honestly. But being a couple month blackberry user, I see how my addiction grows hehe

Make sure you remove your personal information and you will need to get new aps. The aps for the storm are mainly made for touch screen.
    01-26-09 07:22 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've been on the fence about this phone for a while now, and my 30 days ends tomorrow.

I called in today and they extended my money back guarantee, hopefully they will release an official os update by then.

On the flip side, I upgraded to .90 and installed opera. I'm loving my phone now. I just feel disgruntled at the fact that I have to go through such lengths for a proper working phone.

Gluck with whatever you choose.
    01-26-09 07:23 PM
    Good luck with the curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 07:28 PM
    re-install apps? what for? they are going to wipe the thing and install fresh as part of the refurb process anyways.
    01-26-09 07:31 PM
    I returned mine for the bold, couldnt be happier about the decision. Now I did like the Storm, just did not feel it was reliable or stable enough to support me in my business as this is my primary mode of communcation with current and future clients.

Perhaps will try again in the future.
    01-26-09 07:43 PM
    I just returned my extra Storm for a full refund. The sales rep just looked at it to make sure all items were there. They wont know what is deleted and what wasnt. Just return as is.

RIM/VZ will just reflash it again.
    01-26-09 07:45 PM
    When I returned mine, they inspected the h e l l out of it and looked to make sure that I didn't download an unofficial OS? So guess it depends on the Store. BTW they didn't know what Crackberry was either.
    01-26-09 08:04 PM
    trust me you will regret it when storm wins the race and overcomes critics.......
    01-26-09 09:29 PM
    my vzw rep just made sure everything was there and handed over my curve, best thing ive done
    01-27-09 05:19 PM
    So I'm returning my storm because, unlike some of you, I don't have the patience to hope things will get better. I will be going with the Curve so atleast I'll keep it in the family. My question is: I talked to my Verizon store to ask if I would need to load the apps that I deleted and they said they would prefer that. Sooooo, can anyone get me a list of the stock apps ( I may have forgot what I deleted.)?? Can I install the apps I deleted or should I just re-do an install of .75? Thanks guys and its been........interesting.
    Wait a few months and get Verizons version of the Bold. Heard its like in Apr or May.
    01-27-09 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD