Hello, I'm a newbie and this site has been so awesome so far.
    I need help! How do I browse or enter a URL on my pearl? When I open the wed browser Icon, it just goes to email only and I cannot see any websites...
    01-13-08 01:29 AM
    Can you press the BB button and select "Go To..."

That is where you enter URLs.

You sure you're clicking on the Web Browser icon, and not the email setup?

Good luck, and welcome to the CrackBerry!
    01-13-08 01:40 AM
    You can also set your bookmarks page to be your homepage...that's what I do. Hit the BB button, Options, Browser Configuration, Start Page...set it to bookmarks.
    01-13-08 06:10 AM
    Same thing happened to me when I got my Pearl from Verizon. There is no "go to" choice on the menu, just your e-mail set-up. I called Verizon support where they had me re-configure something and then do a soft reset. After that, the browser was there! Bottom line, you are not doing something wrong or missing something, your phone is not configured properly.
    01-13-08 09:40 AM
    Try resending your service books by going to options, advanced options, host routing table, hit menu and register now.

That should resend the brower service book to your device.
    01-13-08 09:51 AM
    You just need to do Menu>Close if/when you're in E-mail Settings. Next time you launch your Browser, it will be fine.
    01-13-08 09:54 AM
    Orle is correct. However, your browser still will not show until you pull the battery.
    01-13-08 10:15 AM
    yeah do a soft reset (pull the battery out while the phone is on and then put it back in) I had to go to the store after I got my phone home to figure that out, actually the reps at the store didnt have a clue and put me on the phone with verion customer service to figure it out
    01-14-08 12:23 AM
    On the soft reset, when I pull the battery it changes the dates on my text messages to the current date. That's not normally a problem, but I have to do a soft reset because my Internet isn't working again. But, I need the correct dates on my texts until my lawyer can see them (crazy ex-girlfriend, long story).

I saved the messages so nothing (I hope) will happen to them. Will that keep the dates from changing? I miss my Internet, but I'm afraid to pull the battery.
    01-15-08 08:40 PM
    If a battery pull changes the dates on txt messages, then either your phone is totally screwed up, or your brain is. That has never happened with any phone I've had, and certainly hasn't happened on any Pearl I've had.
    01-15-08 08:56 PM
    My brain is fine, so it must be the Pearl. I've never had a phone do this before either and its a pisser. My oldest saved text message was my ex congratulating me, saying I was going to be a daddy. That one was special.

I guess I have to wait till Friday when I see the lawyer to pull the battery then.
    01-16-08 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD