My emails disappear after 24 to 36 hours. All other data such as calls received, calls made, etc. are still there. I have set my Storm to keep my emails for 60 days, but they are gone in about 24 to 36 hours. Is there a setting I need to change? Any help is appreciated.
    01-25-09 07:45 PM
    How long do you leave the messages on your BIS server before you delete them from there? It should not matter, but if you find a correlation between server deletion and the Storm, at least you have a clue.
    01-25-09 09:30 PM
    how much ram do you have available?

if your device memory gets real low, it will start deleting old messages as new ones come in. if your ram is close or under 10mb, that could be why.
    01-25-09 09:33 PM
    how much ram do you have available?

if your device memory gets real low, it will start deleting old messages as new ones come in. if your ram is close or under 10mb, that could be why.
    I'm thinking that's correct, I was listening to a podcast the other day and some one had those same symptoms and that ended up being the culprit. It's really quite annoying, you'd think it would ask first or at least let you know what it's doing.
    01-25-09 09:47 PM
    The low memory recovery routine doesn't give any warning, but that explanation is not consistent with the symptoms he describes. The cleanup routine also gets the call log. He's not losing his. It could be low memory, but it doesn't really sound like it to me.
    01-25-09 09:58 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I checked under Status, and my File Free is 35,036,096 bytes.
    01-26-09 09:37 AM
    If you're using gmail and archive the messages they leave your blackberry as they aren't in your inbox anymore...at least with an imap setup. I'm pretty sure thats the case for all providers...if the mail isn't in your inbox (like if you're going to a computer and cleaning things out of your inbox) then it won't be on your storm
    01-26-09 10:25 AM
    Change your settings so that On Conflicts mailbox wins.
    01-26-09 11:29 AM
    Also make sure that your inbox is set to keep messages on the server. I know in Outlook and Entourage there is a setting in the "Accounts" menu to keep messages on the server.
    01-26-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD