I almost passed out and didn't believe it at first..

I charged the phone yesterday at about 7-8pm then un plugged it and put it on my night stand to wake me up this morning..

..when I woke up I thought for sure that the phone had frozen the battery bar, because it was still 100% ( I checked the status and it said that)..so I did a pull and it was still the same for about an hr, then it went to 95% then to 85% a few hours later..

Its 4pm now and its still in the 80% range..

Anyone else experience this?
    01-25-09 03:05 PM
    Yeah I'm getting this too.

Lets hope it doesn't die at 60% in the middle of a call, right?
    01-25-09 03:07 PM
    idon't trust the phone yet as an alarm.. .90 has had some random freezing for me.. mostly when i'm on a call AND the phone is getting emails.

And phone quality degrades for me when the phone is "multitasking" seems like voice doesn't have top priority in it's internal QoS
    01-25-09 03:10 PM
    idon't trust the phone yet as an alarm.. .90 has had some random freezing for me.. mostly when i'm on a call AND the phone is getting emails.

And phone quality degrades for me when the phone is "multitasking" seems like voice doesn't have top priority in it's internal QoS
    And this has absolutely nothing to do with the battery life of .90, please keep this on topic...
    01-25-09 03:14 PM
    Ah sorry. the reason i don't trust this as an alarm because the battery(along with random reboots), the phone doesn't report battery life well, at least for me and several others on this board. Forgot to mention woke up a few days ago to a dead phone... Phone was unable to charge had it on charger for apx 6 hours.. then i started plugging and unplugging about 15-20 time in a row then it started charging(took 2+ hours to get full charge, lightning bolt never goes away) I could look at battery and see it full after full charge and then 1 hour later 2 bars are gone and it floats around there for a while. Never know.. it's a phone by phone issue
    01-25-09 03:22 PM
    I'm also seeing ridiculously long-lasting battery life. That being said, I, too, am worried that out of nowhere it will die while still displaying 65% battery or something.

Or maybe I really am just that lucky? I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for that one.
    01-25-09 03:27 PM
    my phone is experiencing great battery life its been a couple days since ive charged it, but then again i use the auto on/off feature when i sleep so its not using battery while i sleep or not quite as much anyway
    01-25-09 03:28 PM
    yeah, battery life is at its best in .90 i think (for me)

.88 was F ing ridiculous with its constant over-heating or not charging at all when connected i was like "wtf?" lol

but .90 has definitely improved a lot
    01-25-09 03:29 PM
    I saw the same thing, when I put my phone on charge last night, it was at 83% and I have been using it fairly regularly all day
    01-25-09 03:34 PM
    Ah sorry. the reason i don't trust this as an alarm because the battery(along with random reboots), the phone doesn't report battery life well, at least for me and several others on this board. Forgot to mention woke up a few days ago to a dead phone... Phone was unable to charge had it on charger for apx 6 hours.. then i started plugging and unplugging about 15-20 time in a row then it started charging(took 2+ hours to get full charge, lightning bolt never goes away) I could look at battery and see it full after full charge and then 1 hour later 2 bars are gone and it floats around there for a while. Never know.. it's a phone by phone issue
    I had this happen once with .86 for some reason..but .90 seems to be solid..
    01-25-09 03:37 PM
    I have experienced the opposite of you guys. I have had my phone charging to full charge and after about 2 hours it has already gone down to 50 %
    01-25-09 04:34 PM
    I'm finding that my batt life doesn't seem quite as good as with .86 but it's not horrible. However I haven't had any problem with "charge fluctuations" the decrease seems pretty steady with small jumps coinciding with periods of increased use.
    01-25-09 04:36 PM
    I am seeing the same thing. I haven't charged mine since Friday night and I just looked and still have 25%. Haven't been using it tons, but it's been on the entire time and by far the longest I have gone without recharging.
    01-25-09 04:43 PM
    I said this in another post where someone here said their battery life sucked with .90. I have ZERO complaints with battery life with .90 it's borderline freakish. I charged my phone friday afternoon it's now sunday and I am at 50% and I have had a ton of calls/texts/emails in that time. I am very very happy with the battery life.
    01-25-09 05:27 PM
    For me battery life has been a complete nightmare. I haven't had problems like this since .65

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 05:30 PM
    Just in case you folks did not know this if your are living in an area without stellar reception, you will have battery issues.

If you have good coverage and inside your home you occasionally lose all signal, you will have a battery issue

You see cell phones use an immense amount of energy searching for a signal

So the folks who has battery issues your workplaces or homes may be the culprit.

Your phone constantly searching for a signal will drain your battery.

Sorry for the format, I used my storm to type this.

Last edited by andrew3306; 01-25-09 at 07:29 PM.
    01-25-09 07:25 PM
    I agree.. when i was overseas drained a battery in about 3 hours of NON use as it was trying really hard to get a signal.. i put it by the window and switched to 2g only... and it was fine.. as it was also looking for 3g.
    01-25-09 07:31 PM
    Yea, when I was in the OR at this one hospital I almost NEVER had signal and it smoked my battery...
    01-25-09 07:56 PM
    Just in case you folks did not know this if your are living in an area without stellar reception, you will have battery issues.

If you have good coverage and inside your home you occasionally lose all signal, you will have a battery issue

You see cell phones use an immense amount of energy searching for a signal

So the folks who has battery issues your workplaces or homes may be the culprit.

Your phone constantly searching for a signal will drain your battery.

Sorry for the format, I used my storm to type this.

I do understand the scenario of broadcast power related to signal strength...

It doesnt explain why I get better battery life with .75 VS. .85 or .90

I have not changed jobs, locations at home, or even location with-in my job, phone shows the same coverage it did before... my habits haven't changed - so how can I get worse batt life between OS...
    01-25-09 07:56 PM
    PS... I am jealous of those of you getting incredible battery life..
    01-25-09 07:57 PM
    Hi McLorence

I've noticed a much better battery life as well.
    01-25-09 07:58 PM
    Hi McLorence

I've noticed a much better battery life as well.
    You stalking me..
    01-25-09 08:03 PM
    You stalking me..
    hahahhaha

cant help myself :P
    01-25-09 08:07 PM
    For those with a bad battery life can try this. It worked for me.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...y-90-a-144549/
    01-25-09 08:40 PM
    OK, and I thought it was just me.

.86 was KILLIN me on battery. I was charging 3 times a day (lots for emails/calls/aerize alerts). Then, I installed .90 and BAM, back to charging just overnight and getting down to around 15% now vs. before. .90 has been a Godsend. Unless there are some major issues fixed a la the camera lag, I don't think I'll need an update for a while.
    01-25-09 09:05 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD