I unlocked my blackberry and it said code accepted. I put in an AT&T SIM from an iPhone, and on the top of the screen it said AT&T with 3 bars. I went to make a call and it said call failed. I figured that I needed a special blackberry package to have it work. The next day I went to the AT&T store, to get signed up for an account. The put the new SIM in, and it restarted. It said AT&T on the top with full bars. Then the bars went away and it said SOS. The guy put in a brand new SIM and it still did not work. He tried every variation of the network settings, but nothing worked. I contacted the person who sold me the unlock code, but he said that if the phone said code accepted when I unlocked it then he couldn't help. He didn't know what was wrong.
    01-25-09 01:04 PM
    I really don't know about this stuff but ithe only thing I can think off is to try resending the service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 01:11 PM
    My understanding is that the Storm is CDMA technology and it will not work on ATT's GSM technology. I may be wrong.
    01-25-09 01:16 PM
    My understanding is that the Storm is CDMA technology and it will not work on ATT's GSM technology. I may be wrong.
    This is my understanding as well. Unlocking it doesn't turn it into a GSM phone.
    01-25-09 01:28 PM
    There is a way to unlock it to work with AT&T. You will not have 3G service, EDGE only. In the Storm forum they have the full instructions on how to unlock it.
    01-25-09 02:09 PM
    Now the phone says AT&T and doesn't disappear and has 2 bas and has GSM next to that. It still will not let me call in or out.

01-25-09 02:44 PM
    01-25-09 06:00 PM
    There is a CDMA and a GSM version of the Storm. just like theres a CDMA and GSM version of the Curve and many other phones.
    01-27-09 03:32 AM
    There is a CDMA and a GSM version of the Storm. just like theres a CDMA and GSM version of the Curve and many other phones.
    No there is only one Storm. Mine works GREAT on ATT. There are two sets of instructions so, look carefully below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-w-unlocked-storm-95xx-107154/

01-27-09 05:55 AM
    Pretty sure there is more than one version of the Storm now with Rogers and Vodafone getting Storms

02-01-09 08:27 PM
    Yeah there are 2 different version numbers for the Storm, but I don't know what their differences are. The Verizon one is cdma and gsm combined.

I really want one, but can't talk myself into getting one. Mostly because it will not be 3g on the ATT network and there's no wifi! I could settle for EDGE if it had wifi.

I don't know how they talked BB into it, but Verizon really did a good job of locking the Storm to their service. Take it anywhere else and it's a slow, EDGE device.
    02-06-09 05:52 PM
    I heard the 9530's didnt respond to the 3G netowrks in the U.S. but they do on overseas networks!
    02-07-09 01:10 AM
    You might be right.
    02-07-09 01:33 PM
    9530, Verizon storm does work on AT&T since a buddy of mine has one. It will only use EDGE, however.
    02-07-09 06:15 PM
    9530, Verizon storm does work on AT&T since a buddy of mine has one. It will only use EDGE, however.
    Coming from a BB illiterate, so excuse my ignorance, with this being said, does that mean that I can't send MMS messages, or use the browser on AT&T? I just got my Storm today, and have Verizon and AT&T. I can't seem to send or receive pictures on AT&T. I can't seem to get on 3G either. I thought they were adding WiFi right before the US release, but did that not happen?
    02-07-09 10:27 PM
    No wifi on the Verizon model. Hopefully there's one coming out with wifi the 9520. Edge is 2G. You will not be able to get 3G with ATT with the Verizon model because they use different frequencies. It shouldn't affect MMS though.
    02-08-09 03:25 AM
    No wifi on the Verizon model. Hopefully there's one coming out with wifi the 9520. Edge is 2G. You will not be able to get 3G with ATT with the Verizon model because they use different frequencies. It shouldn't affect MMS though.
    I couldn't figure out why I wasn't (am not) getting MMS..... The research I did showed that MMS should work on 2G. anyone have any ideas? I went through the settings I thought might affect it, and changed it to accept MMS always, but still didn't work on AT&T. I do get MMS while on the Verizon network so I'm not sure what is going on.
    02-08-09 10:04 PM
    I couldn't figure out why I wasn't (am not) getting MMS..... The research I did showed that MMS should work on 2G. anyone have any ideas? I went through the settings I thought might affect it, and changed it to accept MMS always, but still didn't work on AT&T. I do get MMS while on the Verizon network so I'm not sure what is going on.
    You need a data plan on AT&T for it to work.
    02-09-09 08:11 AM
    I have unlimited data plan on AT&T, so that's not it. I get MMS when I use any of my other phones or my family members' phones on the acct.
    02-09-09 05:27 PM
    can you help me get my blackberry storm to work with at&t, it just tells me there is no sim card inserted and it is there
    05-26-09 07:21 PM

You are wrong, sort of, the storm is a world phone capable of CDMA and GSM. In the US after you unlock the phone you can use it on a GSM carrier but you will only connect at EDGE speed, Overseas it will or can connect at 3G speeds.
    05-26-09 07:47 PM
    Go into the storm forum here and how to get storm fully working with att. There are step by step guides how to get it to work. I did it with the storm I had and it worked great! And as far as internet and mms, you have to send att service books to your phone first. Buyt like I said, it gives you step by step instructions and how to do it in the storm forum. Good luck, cause it works great!

05-27-09 10:17 AM
    the reason you cant send mms is because you cant access the internet, i would go through the how to for att as mentioned above, do it step by step and then do a battery pull...goto options/mobile network and set it to manual..it will search for available networks and select ATT...that might be why, it may be hitting 2 different networks and dropping..
    05-27-09 11:01 AM
    Guys......to be a tad helpful I will give you this info. The reason your storm isn't working on other carriers is bc it is not possible. The storm is CDMA technology in US and Dualband while global travelling. ATT is strictly gsm only. I won't work. Which is exactly why the iphone won't work on VZ, Alltell, Sprint. It is opposite technology. The storm is defaulted to only work with an authorized vzw sim card on a vzw global plan.
    05-27-09 03:29 PM
    Guys......to be a tad helpful I will give you this info. The reason your storm isn't working on other carriers is bc it is not possible. The storm is CDMA technology in US and Dualband while global travelling. ATT is strictly gsm only. I won't work. Which is exactly why the iphone won't work on VZ, Alltell, Sprint. It is opposite technology. The storm is defaulted to only work with an authorized vzw sim card on a vzw global plan.
    I'm sorry to say you are wrong and it will work on att if you unlock the gsm side of the world phone. It will not have att 3G but will run on EGDE. There are workarounds for the serivce books on this site. I have buddys of mine running storms on tmobile and att which are both GSM
    Last edited by addict83; 05-27-09 at 03:43 PM.
    05-27-09 03:38 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD