Whats up CB nation. I am currently using a 8320 on tmo and I just bought a Bold. I was woundering as i wait for my new phone to be delivered, what will I need to do besides unlocking the phone to make sure everything will work on my tmo service. And I also need to know if the 3g will work or will I only be able to use the wi-fi. I have also just placed an order for the 8900 so it will not be a real loss but i think my wife is hopeing everything works on the bold so she can use the 8900. If there is anything all you guys can help me with just throw it out there i welcome all info I can get my hands on.
    01-24-09 02:58 PM
    01-24-09 03:17 PM
    good looking out sunkast. Man you guys are fast.
    How is the unlocking done. Do i send the phone to horizon or can I get the unlocking code from horizon or ATT
    01-24-09 03:25 PM
    Horizon will send you a code that you enter into the phone.
    01-24-09 04:20 PM
    And I also need to know if the 3g will work or will I only be able to use the wi-fi.
    All features would work on bold for tmobile all except for 3G. You would only pick up EDGE which seems to be the only standard in frequency. As you know the bold was made for the ATT network with it's 3G signal operating on the 1900mhz frequency whiles the tmobile 3G operates on 1700mhz frequency.
    But now that the 8900 is out for tmobile, all features that are meant for tmobile would work on the device including 3G.
    01-24-09 08:28 PM
    Uh, for that last statement, no, not including 3G. The Bold does *not* have a 1700mhz radio. It will not work on tmo's 3G. Follow the instructions in the link and you will have everything you can have functioning on a Bold on Tmo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 12:19 AM
    Everything worked great when I first used my unlocked ATT Branded BB Bold.

However, since I updated to one of the "beta" firmwares in order to improve battery life and free up more RAM (I'm using I think .217 firmware instead of the original .167 ATT firmware).

So since I updated, my web browser no longer works. It only works on Wifi. Same thing happens if I download the opera mini and set it to data and not Wifi.

Everything else works in terms of data, google maps, yahoo go, slingplayer all work on data.

So I must have messed up my browser with tmobile. When I put my ATT SIM back in, the browser works perfectly on data and I can still access cellular video.
    01-25-09 07:31 PM
    If you have an unlocked Bold on TM then go to the forum 9000 section for answers to lots of your questions. Common problems repeated....
    01-26-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD