I found this, but will it work on Verizon???

Obtain these two programs:

1. uniCDMA
    2. Hexworkshop

1. Install your blackberry desktop manager. (Im using version 4.7 and it hasnt given me any problems.) Plug In blackberry.

2. Run desktop manager

3. Minimize DM and run uniCDMA

4. Select "Qualcomm" under the mode drop menu

5. Click setup and change the port to com4

6. Click Read all and it should fill in the boxes on the left with your blackberry information

7. Click HF ->DM

8. Click memory and change the starting address to 0x17c47cce and length to 524288. Click read and save to file.

9. Now open Hexworkshop and open the file you just created.

10. In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password.

11. Unplug your blackberry and call ##XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the MSL password) Press Send

12. Change the Mobile Directory Number to you 10 digit cell number.

13. Press Menu then close and it will reset your phone and you are good to go.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any problems and ill try to help. Im not totally sure if your MSL code will be in the same area as mine so if not let me know and i can find some number adjustments for you.
    01-24-09 02:14 PM
    What are you needing to unlock for?
    01-24-09 02:41 PM
    I found this, but will it work on Verizon???

Obtain these two programs:

1. uniCDMA
    2. Hexworkshop

1. Install your blackberry desktop manager. (Im using version 4.7 and it hasnt given me any problems.) Plug In blackberry.

2. Run desktop manager

3. Minimize DM and run uniCDMA

4. Select "Qualcomm" under the mode drop menu

5. Click setup and change the port to com4

6. Click Read all and it should fill in the boxes on the left with your blackberry information

7. Click HF ->DM

8. Click memory and change the starting address to 0x17c47cce and length to 524288. Click read and save to file.

9. Now open Hexworkshop and open the file you just created.

10. In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password.

11. Unplug your blackberry and call ##XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the MSL password) Press Send

12. Change the Mobile Directory Number to you 10 digit cell number.

13. Press Menu then close and it will reset your phone and you are good to go.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any problems and ill try to help. Im not totally sure if your MSL code will be in the same area as mine so if not let me know and i can find some number adjustments for you.
    Hey 2Low so did this work? Did you get rid of the "Activation Reqired"?
    01-29-09 07:44 PM
    r u talking about the message at the top of the screen where your carrier name should be
    01-29-09 08:09 PM
    I have the same problem with "Activation Required". Can anyone show me how to remove it? Thanks.
    02-12-09 12:53 PM
    Activating the phone usually fixes that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 01:00 PM
    Ha this thread cracks up. Never seen anyone with this "issue" but like moviemogul said - try activating the phone and I bet the message will go away
    02-12-09 01:08 PM
    I've got this bb storm unlocked and using it with tmo sim. It shows that msg. Question is how to activate the phone so the msg goes away? Thanks.
    02-12-09 01:13 PM
    I'm not sure how to get rid of it but i know why it says that When verizon loads its "network" to the phone the phone gets a fake MDN ( mobile telephone number) as this field cannot be left blank. it usually is 000-000-XXXX the last four digits differ once this field is changed to anything but the 0's and those last 4 digits... Activation required will disappear. So if you can find out how to manually program and put your cell phone number in this place that should fix your issue.
    02-12-09 02:35 PM
    for my unlocked storm 9530, all i did was dial ##000000 send
    then i entered my att phone number, and then press menu save. Your storm will reset, and all will be well.

That got rid of the activation required message for me.
    ajmerbhagat and ademenchuk like this.
    02-12-09 04:30 PM
    Unicdma says no phone dectected what do i do and my port only goes up to 4
    02-22-09 11:08 PM
    Unicdma says no phone dectected what do i do and my port only goes up to 4
    Yes same here im getting the same error it says no phone detected.
    Im runing DM 4.6
    03-20-09 08:52 AM
    03-20-09 11:32 AM
    then i entered my att phone number, and then press menu save. Your storm will reset, and all will be well.

Hi Everyone - I'm with Rogers and tried the ##000000 method and got a message saying "invalid". Everything else works fine..I would just like my Storm to read ROGERS and have my number on the unit as well..

Please Help...!!
    03-24-09 04:09 PM
    Hi Everyone - I'm with Rogers and tried the ##000000 method and got a message saying "invalid". Everything else works fine..I would just like my Storm to read ROGERS and have my number on the unit as well..

Please Help...!!

hi kwikberry, how did you get your storm to work? did you buy your unlocked
    phone to work with your data? cause i keep seeing edge in small font instead of EDGE. What can i do to make my data work. The storm i have is with telus. Will that work?
    03-26-09 04:47 PM
    the above solution is if you have a telus storm. If it is verizon then just call ##000000 and hit send and then enter you number on the first 2 lines. If your storm is telus then follow the above solution. It is from the original thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/act...ation+required

if you have troubles post in the original thread and i will try and help.
    04-02-09 04:14 PM
    This works.....you're a genius!!!

04-17-09 09:57 AM
    You don't need to activate your Storm with Verizon to have the "Activation Required" removed from the top, I'm with Rogers in Canada, all you have to do is goto the phone screen and enter ##000000 and a menu will come erase the numbers in the first two lines and enter your own phone number, then press the menu button and click save! Your Storm will reboot and the "Activation Required" will be replaced with the name of the carrier you are using!
    juanchitjose likes this.
    05-07-09 11:52 PM
    hi where can i find unicdma and hexworkshop software please?
    05-15-09 11:51 AM
    hi where can i find unicdma and hexworkshop software please?
    Try google bro, I got mine that way
    06-10-09 09:31 PM
    go this phone from the net. wont to know how do i get the network to connect. im in Adelaide Australia
    08-05-09 04:12 AM
    Thanks, tried to follow the instructions with mine, but no go, i get a read erro ar addess 0x17C47CCE when trying to write the file.

I also checked that address with CDMA workshop and it's all 0's

Any suggestion?
    08-12-09 12:10 AM
    can any one help me i have the tour for sprint using a tmobile sim but it says activation require and i cant use the browers give me a message about upgradin my service
    08-13-09 07:47 PM
    Thanks, tried to follow the instructions with mine, but no go, i get a read erro ar addess 0x17C47CCE when trying to write the file.

I also checked that address with CDMA workshop and it's all 0's

Any suggestion?
    I've got the same error
    08-13-09 08:02 PM

Hi, I am new to the forum, read a lot though, and I find annoying having the ACTIVATION REQUIRED message. I just folllowed through the suggested method and now I get my carrier's banner on my brand new Tour 9630!

Thanks a lot to this great forum
    08-22-09 12:31 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD