Hi-

I currently have a Moto Q thru Sprint and our contract is up in April. My wife wants to get a device now for her work email and we get a corp. discount thru Sprint so we dont want to leave them so I am wondering if we should just go for the 8330 or wait for CDMA Bold? If and when it ever comes?

Thanks!
    01-21-09 06:07 PM
    Ahhh thats a tuff call, i wouldnt be able to hold out and wait lol. I have a 8330 and i absolutely love it, more than any other smartphone ive owned so far. Granted the 9000 has wi-fi which makes it pretty sweet and the OS and UI are also amazing. But the curve is an amazing device and i think you should go for it.
    01-21-09 06:12 PM
    Thanks bro- the Wifi isnt a huge deal for me as the sprint 3g is pretty fast and I wouldnt be surprised if they even disabled it for sprint.
    01-21-09 06:21 PM
    I would say just get the curve. There's no telling when the phone will actually come out so you might be waiting forever and a half.
    01-21-09 06:21 PM
    Dude this forum is Awesome!!!! less than 10 min and already 2 replies? Man I will buy a Blackberry just so I can hang out here.
    01-21-09 06:23 PM
    Yeah, when I had my VZW Treo 700W, I waited for VZW to pick up the 800. Never did. Never again waiting. I should have switched to BB as soon as the Curve came out. Instead, I suffered with the Treo for much longer than I should of.
    01-21-09 06:29 PM
    I agree with the other posters, get the curve. Not just because of the release date uncertainty, but to avoid any bug issues. RIM does a great job, but there are always a few issues. And you pay more to be first!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 06:30 PM
    Thanks guys!
    01-21-09 06:32 PM
    I actually work for sprint and i use the 8330. I also would love to have the CDMA bold but i have not heard anything about it yet. I would suggest that you go for the curve. Its the best smartphone that i have ever used and I have carried pretty much all of the smartphones we offer at sprint for the past 2 years. The only downside is that you will have to use the link provided here on crackberry to upgrade to the new 4.5 OS since sprint doesnt offer anything more than the 4.3 version YET and the same goes for blackberry.com they wont let you download anything higher than 4.3 for a sprint blackberry.
    01-21-09 06:35 PM
    Yea sam ive been struggling with that all day lol. I wanted to update to the 4.5 OS but just seems very tricky to do so, being that im pretty new to the BB world. But hopefully sprint will release an official update soon. Also shawn you should def go with the curve and im sure you will absolutely become addicted just like all of us!!
    01-21-09 06:48 PM
    Yea I have the 8330 and its a fantastic device. I use this phone for everything, internet (the most becuz the speeds are so fast), media, news, games, IM clients, and everything else! You won't be dissapointed at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 07:09 PM
    no work on receiving the Bold. you might me waiting on baited breath for a very long time. best with the 8330. best of luck.
    01-21-09 07:10 PM
    Hi-

I currently have a Moto Q thru Sprint and our contract is up in April. My wife wants to get a device now for her work email and we get a corp. discount thru Sprint so we dont want to leave them so I am wondering if we should just go for the 8330 or wait for CDMA Bold? If and when it ever comes?

Thanks!
    If you contract is up in April, you can always wait a little bit longer and see if news comes out. But if you are looking to upgrade in the NEAR future - the 8330 is going to be your only choice.
    01-21-09 08:55 PM
    Buy the Curve, and then stay up to date on this forum as to the moment the Bold is released. You can then be one of the first to buy the Bold, and unload your Curve on ebay to some sucker that has no idea the Bold is even out.
    01-21-09 09:09 PM
    Get a used curve and save your upgrade for the Bold... or whatever else comes out.
    01-21-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD