I recently came from the beach for new years and my bold got some water damage and it doesnt turn on. I tried taking the battery out and letting it dry but had no luck. So please if anyone can help me or give me some advice on how or where i can maybe can it repaired it would be greatly appreciated...Thanks
    01-21-09 04:15 PM
    Sounds like the device is dead.. water + bold =

Ed: Yet, on the flip side, if there is no OBVIOUS marks of water damage (the sticker near the battery), then you could always claim "defective".. yet this only works in some occasions..
    01-21-09 09:11 PM
    This is the case I use with my phone when I go near water.

After you got this figured out, you might want to invest in one for next time.

Kwik Tek Dry Pack Cell Phone Cases - NWBackpack.com
    01-21-09 09:19 PM
    Remove the battery.
    Pack the phone in a paper bag with dry un-cooked rice.
    The rice will slowly absorb the water.
    Leave in a warm, not hot place for a few days.
    Reinstall the battery then turn on.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by mandony; 01-21-09 at 10:41 PM.
    01-21-09 10:31 PM
    there's a thread lying around on the same issue.
    use uncooked rice and leave it on the top of the radiator
    since u cant get it replaced, this seems like the only viable option for now

give it a few days and try booting up the device

don't boot up now coz the battery might cause a short circuit
    01-21-09 10:35 PM
    Some devices have a second water-sticker under all the screws and such. The first one is just to quickly see what the deal is, but then some people replace the sticker (scammers), but didn't know there was an inside one the tech will see anyway. I don't know if the bold has it or not.

Use the rice trick, and if all else fails, you'll get a new phone. If you're in canada, get the water protection from the source.
    01-21-09 11:02 PM
    If you purchased insurance, put in a claim.
    01-21-09 11:27 PM
    This is the case I use with my phone when I go near water.

After you got this figured out, you might want to invest in one for next time.

Kwik Tek Dry Pack Cell Phone Cases - NWBackpack.com
    I would get this...but I don't think my arms are up to all the ladies I would have to beat off when I pull this sexy beast out at the beach.
    01-21-09 11:29 PM
    my blackberry bold has got water damage also, but i left it a day almost and kept taking the battery in and out and trying to trun it on but i wouldnt at all so i came home and left it in the rice in a warm place and still nothing, does anyone know how to help if so please reply thanks
    06-24-10 01:41 PM
    my blackberry bold has got water damage ...
    and still nothing, does anyone know how to help if so please reply

Sorry, likely you have a dead bunny.
    06-24-10 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD