Hi there,

I've tried to a search regarding this with mixed results. I was wondering if there is another app available to play music on the SD card instead of using the default music player on the BB.

I like to be able to scroll through the current song that is being played and the default music player on the BB doesn't seem to do this.

Also I'm new to the crackberry community AND this is my first blackberry. I've really fallen in love with the Storm thanks to all the helpful hints here!

Thx!
    01-21-09 02:10 PM
    There is a menu option to bring up the current play list.
    01-21-09 07:03 PM
    Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I don't mean scrolling through songs, but to be able to scroll within a track... so to forward or reverse playback of a particular song. Like an ipod?

It may just me being picky about music playback... if its not possible or available yet, no biggie.
    01-21-09 10:13 PM
    I'm using Flipside. Its still a little glitchy but its getting there. Its like coverflow.
    01-21-09 10:25 PM
    I beleive it works like this:

After the song begins playing, tap (but don't click) the screen above play bar -- the one that contains the play, and stop icons.

The song slider appears along with three icons. Click the white oval position pointer. Move your finger into the area above the slider and drag the oval with your finger to the desired location and click again to lock it down.

Unfortunately, it does NOT begin to play at the new position until you click the screen the second time, which makes a search for a specific place very irritating.
    01-21-09 10:26 PM
    to be able to scroll within a track... so to forward or reverse playback of a particular song. Like an ipod?
    EDIT: Treed! I still too slow a Typer lol.

You can move to different points in a song by tapping on the screen. That makes the progress bar appear, then touch where you want to jump to, sliding your finger freely to move the indicator around, then click to execute. You can go forward or back to any point you want.

Hope this made sense and helped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by catbertz; 01-21-09 at 10:39 PM.
    01-21-09 10:36 PM
    Unfortunately, it does NOT begin to play at the new position until you click the screen the second time, which makes a search for a specific place very irritating.
    Yes it does work, bugs and all. How can that RIM executive mouth off about their music capabilities, they don't hold a candle to the Apple multimedia apps.
    01-21-09 10:37 PM
    I'm so glad I found this forum. I love my new Storm, but the documentation is lacking. I'd be lost without these forums.
    03-23-09 05:02 PM
    bumping this thread since it seems to be the only one i can find...

have any third-party music players been developed lately? im just not in love with the native player and flipside doesnt look much better.
    04-14-09 06:19 PM
    I've had pretty good luck with flipside. It certainly isn't perfect, and there are a couple bugs. However, they are still developing and responding. I sent in a bug on Friday night and got an answer within a couple of hours. They stated that they are working on a fix. I have found flipside (bugs included) to be a little better than the BB media player. One downside is that you have to be in the app to control volume.

Miutunes was another app, but they haven't done anything in a year and a half, and they don't seem to respond. It was a great app on my 8830, but they never updated for newer phones, and certainly not for touchscreen. If they updated the code for the Storm, this would be the app to get - as it has all of the functionality of an ipod, and works great on bb's.... just not as great on higher resolution or touch screen (but does work in compatibility mode).

There are some other apps out there that I have tinkered with... but they haven't measured up to either flipside or miutunes... Hopefully flipside comes through with an update for Storms (may be an OS 5.0 thing, too) soon...
    11-22-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD