Does anyone else find it almost impossible to remove the SIM card without the assistance of any tools/sharp things?
    01-21-09 12:50 PM
    I have the same problem, anyone got some ideas?? Coz I wanna check if my 8900 is unlocked to any network,that's what I've been told,just wanna check.
    01-21-09 07:23 PM
    It's probably locked to your network (i'll unlock mine when I have plans to travel).

You can get the SIM out by wedging in something thin and strong (like a metal ruler) between the bottom of the card and the body of the phone. I've kind of figured out how to get the card out without any tools now though.

You just can't slide it out like you'd expect. You need to put one finger under the card and your thumb on top, then pull it out. It's not that easy but doable
    01-21-09 07:27 PM
    At work yesterday i was messing about with a couple and i put a sim card in one, and it like shaved abit off it.. i was like jesus! an to get it out i had to shuv my nail under it several times trying to pull it out! lol
    01-22-09 11:08 AM
    I read through several threads that mentioned using fingernail or other object to remove the SIM card from the 8900 Blackberry. I thought that using a tool could cause damage. Using my fingers wasn't working.

Here is the solution that works very well for me:

The two narrow sections of the back cover that secure the cover into the top of the device are perfect for removing the SIM card. Carefully hold the Blackberry's back cover. Turn it so the outside surface faces down and the U-shaped opening is facing out.

Use one of the narrow sections of the cover by placing it carefully underneath the SIM card. Apply light pressure with your index finger on the underneath side while applying light pressure with the thumb of the same hand against the top of the SIM card. Carefully pull the SIM card out.

This worked quickly and easily for me.
    09-19-09 01:45 PM
    I own, and have owned many devices. And the 8900 by far is the hardest device to remove the SIM card with. I use the tip of a paperclip
    09-19-09 01:57 PM
    Yeah I thought I was the only one :P. It's impossible lol.
    09-19-09 03:20 PM
    Yeah I had to take my sim card out the other day it was hard but i got it without any tools. The rep i was on the phone with at the time said he had to use pliers
    09-19-09 03:33 PM
    The 8900 is the worst when it comes to removing the SIM card.

I use the tip of a Bowie knife.
    09-19-09 05:14 PM
    My is really difficult also. I didn't know if it was just mine, so I checked my S.O.'s and it is just as difficult. The only other phone that I have owned that was this difficult was the T-Mobile Dash.
    09-19-09 05:22 PM
    Use your right hand's fingernail to pull the sim up a bit so the corner cut part of the sim is not stuck. Hold that position while your left hand's thumb is pushing the sim out. I don't think it's that hard. Unless you have sweaty or slippery fingers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 08:07 PM
    Mine is tight but not that hard to remove it has a lip under it to pull it out.

09-19-09 08:10 PM
    yea the above poster is correct. Under the sim tray there is a little space to get your finger underneath the card then slowly move it out.
    09-19-09 09:06 PM
    Yep.... Just did a battery pull because I removed a bunch of apps so I tried it out and came out as easy as pie!!!!

09-19-09 09:13 PM
    The SIM card holder is grooved and shaped like a SIM card. If you try sliding it out WITHOUT lifting it, it won't budge (obviously as it is stuck in the SIM shaped groove).

You have to pinch the end of the SIM card and lift it up AND then slide it outwards. It gets easier.
    09-20-09 11:27 AM
    You have to pinch the end of the SIM card and lift it up AND then slide it outwards. It gets easier.
    Thanks for the tip! This not only makes it easier, but is obviously the right way to take it out - comes out pretty smoothly now.
    09-20-09 12:23 PM
    After the first time trying to remove mine.....I scuffed the backside of my sim. Now...no issues, still real tight.

09-20-09 12:31 PM
    i thought i was the only one with this problem but it turns out that im not the only one! when i first got my 8900 i got it out easy, but once i put it back in it got hard to take out! and i do everything all of u said, before i read this i was doing it, and i still havent been able to get it out, but im not trying that now since im not changing phones or anything so i guess i'll leave it this way until i decide to change phones or sims
    09-20-09 01:13 PM
    Guys, I had initially this problem of taking the sim out and inserting it back, in doing so I had damaged my sim card that I had to replace with a new one from the network service provider. After inserting the new sim card, I got this message of "initialization failed" so updated the software but was of no help. Gave the BB for repair and they told that the Sim card connectors are damaged and since it is connected with the body so changing the connector is like changing the whole body and it costs nearly to the price of the new BB.
    Any suggestions how to solve this issue please?
    06-06-10 03:04 AM
    I don't find it hard to remove the Sim Card. I've just removed it and inserted it back in with no troubles at all and I did not need a tool/sharp thing.

You just have to lift it a bit and then pull it out
    06-06-10 05:59 AM
    The 8900 is not the phone for people who bite their nails!!!
    06-06-10 06:17 AM
    Just take a small piece of scotch tape and stick it to the SIm then slide it right out. Not Rocket Science here....
    04-15-11 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD