Ok, I got the leather Sena case with the belt clip and I hated it as soon as I put it on my phone!!! First of all, I noticed when I put my phone on the clip it rotated freely. There was no latch to catch for each 1/4 turn or whatever. Then I tried to type on it and was highly disappointed! I couldn't even touch my "a" key.

Of course, when I look at other cases like this they have the same problem. Vaja cases came very close to solving, but only did so on one side (by the buttons on the bottom). The other side would give me the same problem as the Sena Case.

So that leads me to my question, "What's so great about these leather cases that people would get them given that you can't type efficiently on them?"
    01-20-09 04:02 PM
    Nothing is good.. they suck lol..
    01-20-09 04:06 PM
    I dont have a clip type case i do however have a leather sleeve. The great thing about those atleast is that they have a magnet inside that turns off the screen of the storm automatically while unaffecting anything running on the phone. That's the reason I bought the case though, not so I could put it on my belt as you seem to be interested in.
    01-20-09 04:07 PM
    Yeah, I have a case I just slide my Storm in, but I really wanted something I could put on my hip to show off my phone! Oh well, doesn't look like that will be happening. If one of these case companies had the foresight to make the case not interfere with the edges of the screen, their business would be booming! Just another case of a company not knowing customer's needs.
    01-20-09 04:13 PM
    I dont have a clip type case i do however have a leather sleeve. The great thing about those atleast is that they have a magnet inside that turns off the screen of the storm automatically while unaffecting anything running on the phone. That's the reason I bought the case though, not so I could put it on my belt as you seem to be interested in.
    He got a case, not a holster.
    01-20-09 04:14 PM
    Well I got both the Sena Leather Skin (shown in the post above) and the Sena Ultra Slim Sleeve. The LeatherSkin fit well and seemed to cover the gap around the screen, but it made it very difficult to type at edges of keyboard. (so it is going back) And the Ultra Slim sleeve fit so tight that it is too difficult to get in & out and it depressed the keys on the side causing the screen to stay lit and the battery to die. (so it is going back too) I guess I'll try the OEM sleeve next.
    01-20-09 05:31 PM
    Well I got both the Sena Leather Skin (shown in the post above) and the Sena Ultra Slim Sleeve. The LeatherSkin fit well and seemed to cover the gap around the screen, but it made it very difficult to type at edges of keyboard. (so it is going back) And the Ultra Slim sleeve fit so tight that it is too difficult to get in & out and it depressed the keys on the side causing the screen to stay lit and the battery to die. (so it is going back too) I guess I'll try the OEM sleeve next.
    The OEM silicone screens are nice...
    saved a fall off a firetruck bumper !!!
    01-20-09 05:47 PM
    i have the blackberry synthetic pocket pouch and im satisfied. i just slip in my jeans and im good to go. i think the leather cases everyone is talking about makes the storm look ugly.
    01-20-09 06:02 PM
    I got the horizontal bb leather pouch. I love it. Works great!
    01-20-09 06:50 PM
    The Siedo ratcheting holster/clip is a good one protects the phone and is nice and slim. it wont take a dive off your belt and puts it to sleep. I use a silicone sleeve when I pocket the berry. I am a suit and tie guy so it is not always practical to use anything else, at least for me. I also have the rim pouch it is a bit bulky and cant holster it easily with one hand.
    01-20-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD