i was wondering if i can swap sims from my curve (att) and put into a iphone i found at wally world, and would i get in trouble in doing so, could att tell that i was using a differrent phone and what if the prev owner filied a stolen or lost phone would i be trouble?
    01-20-09 01:34 PM
    You mean you have no intention of trying to find the rightful owner?
    01-20-09 01:43 PM
    As far as I know the iphony doesn't have a sim card location

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 01:48 PM
    nobody has tried to call and im not gonna use it to make any calls call cause i dont wanna be fingered as thief.!! if they do call i'll hide it somewhere in the city (a plant pot athe mall etc.)and tell them where its at right before i leave it so no one will see me or know who i am.
    01-20-09 01:49 PM
    it does on top i saw it online
    01-20-09 01:50 PM
    The iPhone does have a SIM slot, it is in the top of the device. You just need a paperclip or something small to insert into the hole, push until it pops out the SIM 'drawer' (I guess you'd call it that)

You could go to an at&t store and let them attempt to look up the persons account by SIM number
    01-20-09 01:53 PM
    No one should be helping this guy. The OP should try and return the phone to its owner. Actually this thread should just be closed.
    01-20-09 01:53 PM
    Wow - I gotta say that this sounds shady as ****. Why didn't you turn it in to customer service at the store? That's the proper thing to do, store security then contacts the customer/service provider.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 01:54 PM
    I'd turn it in to the police or the folks at Wally World and not be on forums asking how to activate something that wasn't mine.
    Is the phone locked? If not, I would try to find the owner for karma's sake. Owner info should be in contacts or the phone's tel # will be in settings and AT&T can find the owner most likely.

Having lost 2 blackberries, it is very frustrating. Although I did call my old phones, no one ever attempted to return the phone to me.

Do the right thing.
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD