I was wondering this...being a BB noob (got my pearl a few months ago) I really don't have much interest in other cell phones and brands anymore, whereas I used to dig in to every company to see what the latest phone was, and figure out when I would have the $$$ to get it.

Has anyone gone back to a normal phone after a BB? Did you like it? What did you miss most? Would you ever switch back? I don't think I would
    01-20-09 10:15 AM
    To be honest, I could never try going back. I would have withdrawals.
    01-20-09 10:22 AM
    I know I couldnt do it. I had to use my wife's razr the other night for a few hours while out and it was tough. I am already spoiled.
    01-20-09 10:24 AM
    I don't think it's possible, going from any smartphone to a "normal" device. For anybody that "works" a smartphone anyway.
    01-20-09 10:25 AM
    Non smartphone, No. But I am very open to the other smartphone
    models on the market. Nokia in particular.
    01-20-09 10:26 AM
    I am also new to the BB world but not new to smartphones. I have owned many diff phones(HTC, Palm, etc) and honestly i don't think i would ever think about going back. I am absolutely utterly addicted to my BB and to the CB site. I love everything about my 8330 and it trumps every other phone ive owned IMO. The only other phone im curious about is the Palm Pre and can't wait to see a final product hands on. But i still would have many reservations about leaving my curve lol.
    01-20-09 10:26 AM
    I have retirement coming up in under 2 years. When that happens I shall have no need of a BlackBerry. At least I shall not need push emails - in fact I won't want them.

I am having a bit of a problem with this. What I shall need in retirement will be a pre-paid SIM card in a phone that will make and receive calls and the occasional SMS. Oh yeah, I want a camera too.

HOWEVER, I want my BlackBerry forever. I may just keep it and use it without a data plan for a while. Then I'll probably go and but a data plan again.
    01-20-09 10:30 AM

I would like to try the Palm Pre when it comes out. Not buy but just try.
    01-20-09 10:34 AM
    I would not go back to a regular phone. However, if something should happen to RIM, and BBs were off the market, I would find a suitable smart phone to take its place. I would miss my BB should that happen. Hopefully, RIM will stay afloat in these murky economic waters.
    01-20-09 10:35 AM
    I would like to try that out as well. I love looking at new gadgets.
    01-20-09 10:36 AM
    I'm hooked on da crack and could never go back!
    01-20-09 10:39 AM
    Me too. That does look like an interesting device
    and quite a radical departure from Palms staid OS
    (Hint to RIM)
    01-20-09 10:47 AM
    My 8310 died for a couple days while recovering from water so I was forced to use an older, non-smartphone and wanted to shoot myself.

While I'd be open to try other smartphones, there's no need. I love how you can customize just about everything. Especially since upgrading to 4.5, its like getting a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 10:52 AM
    I couldn't go back to a regular phone. Another smartphone if I had to, but I'm too spoiled by the smartphone features to give them up, willingly.
    01-20-09 10:54 AM
    i couldn't do it! i used a samsung trace (2 year old phone!) for a brief moment and i was having a hard time operating it! lol! i was like "woah.. no trackball!" lol!

so i couldn't do it. i'm a bb user for life!
    01-20-09 10:55 AM
    if the phone was mega sexy and hot pink.. i'd think about it.
    01-20-09 11:02 AM
    I had a Treo 600, then 650; then went to a Razor; then to BB 8800, now BB Storm. No, I would miss having a smartphone. Could be interested in another brand, but unlikely. Do think I might go back to physical QWERTY in the future instead of touch screen keyboard, but time will tell. I sure would like a full-size touch screen with a pull-out full-size physical QWERTY!!
    01-20-09 11:15 AM
    From the moment I picked up my first smartphone (treo) I knew that I could never have a regular phone again. There is no chance I will ever go back, I'd rather not have a phone at all.
    01-20-09 11:26 AM
    i think if ever do a non-bb again, it may be a Nokia just because I LOVE them. But they don't seem to bring many of them over here to the U.S...are there any available right now? I mean, smartphone?
    01-20-09 12:04 PM
    does not compute

I did however look at someone elses phone the other day and it was really weird. I dont think I could willingly go back. Does not compute.
    01-20-09 12:16 PM
    i think if ever do a non-bb again, it may be a Nokia just because I LOVE them. But they don't seem to bring many of them over here to the U.S...are there any available right now? I mean, smartphone?
    Quite a few. The E-71 is my favorite of their lineup. I don't think they make
    many CDMA devices though. I could be wrong about that.
    01-20-09 12:19 PM
    If the phone doesn't have a qwerty keyboard, data plan or well... If it's not a blackberry I don't want it hahah.
    01-20-09 12:57 PM
    I keep thinking that I would go to a simple phone if I had a decent laptop and an ipod, but the truth of it all is that once I started going the smartphone route (N95 then Storm), it was too late. Having all those functions in one device is just, for want of a better word, intoxicating.

The only phones I can see interesting me now are the Bold, and the only one that stands a chance of stirring my interest is the Palm Pre. The Nokia N-Series has gone downhill post N95, can't even raise an eyebrow over the N97.
    01-20-09 01:08 PM
    If I did that then that means I'm having big financial trouble and can't afford a data plan.
    01-20-09 01:25 PM
    Impossible!!!!!
    Seems like those who are stuck on simple phones would never make the switch to begin with...they just keep getting the free phones lol...poor poor fools! lol!
    01-20-09 01:32 PM
103 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD