So i was watching one of my fav shows, Paranormal State. I saw a thing that said there is a EMF detector app for the Iphone. Anybody know of anything like this for the Storm. I'm not sure how this would work? Don't cell phones give off EMF too?
    01-19-09 10:50 PM
    You sure it's not some sort of fake app, like those mobile phone radar BS apps?
    01-19-09 10:54 PM
    EMFs probably wouldn't register on your Storm since thre is no magnetic field detector in the hardware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 11:16 PM
    Can I get a magic 8ball app that can tell me winning lottery entires while we are at it.
    01-19-09 11:44 PM
    EMFs probably wouldn't register on your Storm since thre is no magnetic field detector in the hardware.
    I'm yet to see anyone conclusively prove that any piece of scientific equipment can pick up these sorts of things on a reproducible basis let alone your run of the mill mobile phone cameras. At best the camera may be able to "see" something in the IR spectrum the human eye can't, while that is technically a form of radiation I still call BS
    01-19-09 11:56 PM
    Not sure I buy this one either. I do love Paranormal State though.
    01-20-09 12:14 AM
    Can I get a magic 8ball app that can tell me winning lottery entires while we are at it.
    Sadly enough, there is one...

Magic 8 Ball / free download
    01-20-09 01:09 AM
    Get a Trifield K3 or K2 meter if you want to ghost hunt. Phone apps won't cut it for multiple reasons. In fact, your phone should be off your person during scanning. Worst thing that could happen is that you did find something and your evidence would be dismissed for using incorrect equipment.
    01-20-09 01:21 AM
    I'm yet to see anyone conclusively prove that any piece of scientific equipment can pick up these sorts of things on a reproducible basis let alone your run of the mill mobile phone cameras. At best the camera may be able to "see" something in the IR spectrum the human eye can't, while that is technically a form of radiation I still call BS
    Plenty of ElectroMagnetic Field detectors have been on the market for years, and they pick up EMFs distinctly, consistently, and with absolutely reproducible results...

EMFs are not supposed to indicate the presence of ghosts and nobody has ever claimed that ghosts (or supernatural entities, if you will) emit them. Their presence is, in fact, generally indicative of an environment that can induce panic, paranoia, and unease. In other words, if you are "seeing" ghosts in an environment riddled with strong EMFs (which are widely known to be emitted by almost all electronic devices and wiring), it is more likely that you are experiencing paranoia-induced hallucinations.

Someone needs to research their statements better...lol.

01-20-09 08:02 AM

This is so cool! Thanks, mtoomey79.

Ahhhh, crap it's just a demo. But it's still cool. I might just buy it.
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 01-20-09 at 08:34 AM.
    01-20-09 08:31 AM
    Is there an app that can trap ghosts like the box in ghostbusters?
    Also when is the flux capacitor app coming out?

01-20-09 08:37 AM
    Is there an app that can trap ghosts like the box in ghostbusters?
    Yes, check the 3rd party apps thread.

Also when is the flux capacitor app coming out?
    It was on the original OS, but removed on one of the updates. It seems to interfere with the ghost trapping app, and to many people were traveling back in time.
    01-20-09 08:48 AM
    I am running the .91 leak and they have reintroduced the flux capacitor. It really increased the camera lag, though...I'm just now getting pictures I took in 1955.

01-20-09 08:52 AM
    Thanks guys! Just found it and reinstalled. Its stuck on 1990 though and everyone is wearing parachute pants. Is this a bug RIM is going to address in an upgrade?

01-20-09 08:58 AM
    If you're in 1990 you're screwed... You'll try to upgrade and a message will pop up saying, "Can't touch this."

01-20-09 09:05 AM
    I am running the .91 leak and they have reintroduced the flux capacitor. It really increased the camera lag, though...I'm just now getting pictures I took in 1955.

1.21 Gigawatts? What's a Gigawatt?
    01-20-09 09:08 AM
    Have you checked Ted's Ghost Hunting Emporium?

(linger longer)
    01-20-09 09:28 AM
    Dude, I so need the flux capacitor app! I have a delorean sitting outside and that's all i need to complete it!
    01-20-09 09:39 AM
    Sadly enough, there is one...

Holy crap! Now if I could just get some winning lottery numbers before they are picked... Thank!!!
    01-20-09 09:52 AM
    Holy crap! Now if I could just get some winning lottery numbers before they are picked... Thank!!!
    9 5 3 0
    01-21-09 09:32 AM
    9 5 3 0
    The funny thing is you are 100% correct, since he didn't state which lotto
    01-21-09 09:33 AM
    So i was watching one of my fav shows, Paranormal State. I saw a thing that said there is a EMF detector app for the Iphone. Anybody know of anything like this for the Storm. I'm not sure how this would work? Don't cell phones give off EMF too?
    Well, here is the description from a popular iPhone app website, with emphasis added:

The Paranormal State iPhone application turns your device into a simulated EMF meter... switch to manual mode and fool your friends by sliding your finger along the green line to control the action of the needle.

iPhone Apps - Paranormal State EMF Meter | Apptism

So in short, the Paranomal State iPhone application is just one of thousands of useless and ridiculous iPhone apps ... I'm sure that in time, similarly useless and ridiculous apps will be released for the Storm.
    Last edited by mdude85; 01-21-09 at 12:45 PM.
    01-21-09 12:41 PM
    Dude EMF meters have been around for years ....

EMF Meter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    01-21-09 12:44 PM
    Dude EMF meters have been around for years ....

EMF Meter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yes, but they don't do, what this guy is trying to do.
    01-21-09 07:02 PM
    I kind of get where your all coming from here. However. How come when were on the phone and we come across certain electrical things the phone starts to echo, or starts to cut in and out... I'm sure we can figure out a way to reverse the effects and build an app to allow the antenna to scan for 'other' signals... I mean isn't the antenna scanning anyways for cell signals....
    12-06-09 03:40 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD