Hey Storm users,

Just wondering if anyone has come across or is using a tracking app that will track the days remaining until set event dates.

Anything like this out for the Storm? (doubtful)

I've come across Date Tracker by Infodev Tech in the software section of the CB store... anyone using / used that app?

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    01-19-09 04:39 PM
    You mean a simple count down timer thingy?

Anything special you had in mind?
    01-19-09 10:51 PM
    I was looking for something like that too - just found out the old lady has a bun in the oven - would like to count down to when junior arrives.
    01-19-09 11:03 PM
    Well, you could put it in the calendar and have it alert you once the day arrives. Congrats, by the way. At least you know, you're not shooting blanks.

EDIT: Now that I've re-read your post, I see what you mean. The calendar would be the closest bet.
    Last edited by Shadow.xXx; 01-19-09 at 11:57 PM.
    01-19-09 11:55 PM
    would like to count down to when junior arrives.
    You do know they have a habit of never being on time right?
    01-20-09 12:20 AM
    I was looking for something like that too - just found out the old lady has a bun in the oven - would like to count down to when junior arrives.
    CONGRATS!

We just had our 5th.
    01-20-09 12:21 AM
    You mean a simple count down timer thingy?

Anything special you had in mind?
    Yes, just a simple count down timer thingy... like 'X' numbers of days left until the user set date. Example being - Days left until Christmas.

Didn't really have anything special in mind. Maybe a field for entering notes, something that would show the end date, the days left until the set date (maybe hours, minutes, and seconds to get really over board), maybe show the start date too, and an alarm option?

I guess I did have something specific in mind. =P

But would be more than happy with end date and days left at the very basic.

...anything like that in the works or around?
    01-20-09 10:46 AM
    As for you...

Congrats on the baby and hijacking my thread
    01-20-09 10:48 AM
    Yes, just a simple count down timer thingy... like 'X' numbers of days left until the user set date. Example being - Days left until Christmas.
    Tell the truth, you made a dooms day device now didn't you?
    01-21-09 06:19 AM
    not only would a count down app be good, but it would have to have the count down on the icon so you wouldn't have to open it every time you wanted to see how long.
    01-21-09 06:24 AM
    Anyone have an icon of the earth blowing up I can use for such an app?
    01-21-09 06:49 AM
    not only would a count down app be good, but it would have to have the count down on the icon so you wouldn't have to open it every time you wanted to see how long.
    Well it's trivial to make the app count down, I've no idea how to change the icon like that though.
    01-21-09 06:50 AM
    No frills Dooms Day clock...
    01-21-09 07:45 AM
    No frills clock...
    Delta,

I had this posted in another thread... would it be possible to add the following if you have time and are looking for a challenge?

I am looking for a program that can count down the days, hours, minutes and seconds to an event such as a vacation, wedding, The Great American Beer Festival, etc etc.

If someone was to create one it would be cool if it did the following:

1) Allow a user to change the background picture so their timer could match what they are counting down for.. ie: Picture of Cabo or picture of their spouse to be, etc, etc

2) Maybe allow for more than one date to be programmed at a time.

3) Allow the user to choose what ringtone it would sound once the timer hits zero.

4) Last but not least.. maybe allow the user to program certain reminders along the way? If the user wants they can set a reminder when there is a month, week, day or hour left? (This would probably be too much to program but hey... if you don't ask????)

Your dooms day clock is exactly something I've been looking for so thank you for creating it and any help taking it up a notch would be awesome!!
    01-24-09 10:44 AM
    The problem with all the above wish list items is it would require the app to remain running in the background, most people don't tend to like doing this, in face they start crying about memory when it gets down under 30 or 40m
    01-24-09 11:00 AM
    The problem with all the above wish list items is it would require the app to remain running in the background, most people don't tend to like doing this, in face they start crying about memory when it gets down under 30 or 40m
    I see your point about using an alarm or reminders as you're right the program would be running in the background... good call. What about still allowing a user to pick their own background or photo?
    01-24-09 02:43 PM
    It's certainly possible to set a BG image, but the bigger question is what would be the point, the above suggestions could be achived through the calender for the most part, maybe all that is needed is some hook from the calender to display the count down to the chosen time.
    01-24-09 02:50 PM
    It's certainly possible to set a BG image, but the bigger question is what would be the point, the above suggestions could be achived through the calender for the most part, maybe all that is needed is some hook from the calender to display the count down to the chosen time.
    The point would be to have a theme for the countdown, maybe for what it's for? I have this desktop countdown on my desk at home, I personally think it would be nice to have a more portable version on my phone.
    01-24-09 04:32 PM
    The point would be to have a theme for the countdown, maybe for what it's for? I have this desktop countdown on my desk at home, I personally think it would be nice to have a more portable version on my phone.
    You missed my point, if it's not running in the background, then you are getting the date/time from some where.
    01-24-09 05:41 PM
    If I'm understanding you, but I don't know if I am, your suggesting pulling the countdown from a date within the calendar and use the calendar settings to ring a reminder?

If that's the case, it's really not a bad idea but I like the way you currently have it set where you manually set the day and time for the countdown. I would just rather it not say Dooms Day but that was your creativity and your signature on a program you designed.

I just think it would be a more fun novelty program if someone could select their own background image and title.

I know you have other things going on so if you don't want to make changes that's cool and I understand.

I really do appreciate the program you did design and I appreciate the time you put into it.

Thank you :-)
    01-25-09 07:53 PM
    I would just rather it not say Dooms Day
    Reference to futurama...

As for the other suggestions I'll take them onboard, I'm getting long lists of wish lists all over the place, and see what I can do. I'll probablly say hang it and go geocaching instead
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 01-25-09 at 08:07 PM.
    01-25-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD