I know this has been briefly explained in many threads, but I just got my brand new in box replacement Storm. It's time to send back my old one. Do I just wrap my old Storm in bubble wrap and stick it in the box that my new storm came in and keep all of my new replacement Storm's accessories (battery, SIM card, microSD card etc)? So I would just be sending back the phone and battery cover and nothing else?
    01-19-09 02:42 PM
    Your right, it has been discussed - a lot. I personally would keep everything including the 8gb card!
    01-19-09 02:48 PM
    Your right, it has been discussed - a lot. I personally would keep everything including the 8gb card!
    This is careless advice IMHO.

You should return everything that you have two of now. Whatever your new phone came with, should be returned. If your new phone came with just the phone and the batt door, then that is what you should return.

VZW WILL charge the full price of the phone if you dont return the correct things.
    01-19-09 02:52 PM
    I agree! Why would you keep items you didn't pay for? Careless advice, indeed.
    01-19-09 03:09 PM
    you sure can tell a lot about someone from an avater with that keep all the extras post
    01-19-09 03:19 PM
    haha very true ;-)
    01-19-09 03:31 PM
    I know this has been briefly explained in many threads, but I just got my brand new in box replacement Storm. It's time to send back my old one. Do I just wrap my old Storm in bubble wrap and stick it in the box that my new storm came in and keep all of my new replacement Storm's accessories (battery, SIM card, microSD card etc)? So I would just be sending back the phone and battery cover and nothing else?
    so let me get this straight. VZW sent you a brand new everything. So you think you should keep all the new stuff other than the phone, for free, and then send back just the phone carcass?

I simply cannot fathom how people think that's an option. To me it sort of sounds like theft.
    01-19-09 04:28 PM
    Well many other posts have made it seem like they have just been told to send back the phone, without the battery, SIM card and microSD card etc. And now have duplicates of all the accessories. I am just going to call Verizon to ask what I need to send back, nuff said.
    01-19-09 05:58 PM
    VZW is going to tell you to send it all back. I would for good conscience!
    Kharma...
    01-19-09 06:12 PM
    how anyone believes they are entitled to these duplicate accessories is beyond me.

its basically stealing, plain and simple. anyone who doesnt think so is so not facing reality. or tryign to feel better about it.

if you paid for a phone and accessories, its not right, per your agreement with verizon, they are going to replace the broken phone, they send you a new phone and accessories, you send the broken phone and accessories back.

they send you just a phone, you keep the accessories. its so simple, its so obvious, any 10 year old will know what the "right thing to do is"

you wanna keep them and take the risk of getting billed, go ahead, but dont try to tell others its not immoral, unethical and possibly illegal.
    01-19-09 06:20 PM
    To the preachers who responded to the OP: Several folks have reported that paperwork included with the new replacement phone instructs customers to send back only the defective phone...to remove and not send back any accessories. Others have called Verizon and they were told the same thing. Sending back the accessories is not necessarily "the right thing to do."

What you should be preaching about is why the OP did not just call Verizon to ask if it wasn't clear from the paperwork.
    01-19-09 06:47 PM

You should return everything that you have two of now. Whatever your new phone came with, should be returned. If your new phone came with just the phone and the batt door, then that is what you should return.

VZW WILL charge the full price of the phone if you dont return the correct things.
    Not to mention it would be unethical and STEALING....

if you can look yourself in the mirror after whatever action you take, the more power to you.
    01-19-09 07:03 PM
    Personally I would send it back, in good conscience. Even if they don't bill you for it, you're still the one who suffers in the end when they have to raise prices (be it "inflation" or whatever excuse they use) in order to make up for lost revenue.

Although with the Storm and Bold's release, RIM managed to beat their 3rd quarter expectations, so with the rapid Storm sales, I don't suppose we'll be feeling that for a while.

Still though, karma
    01-19-09 07:04 PM
    With your replacement phone you should of received an instructions on what needs to be returned. In most case and all Of mine it was stated to only return phone and nothing more. Wow guys he will be paying more those items he keeps with his 2 year contract. If you think his stealing than verizon is ripping him off cause- Does verizon credit his account for the min. he did not use? I don't think so.
    01-19-09 07:19 PM
    Personally I would make a copy of that letter and include it in the box, then.
    01-19-09 07:26 PM
    Personally I would make a copy of that letter and include it in the box, then.
    That exactly what I do.
    01-19-09 07:30 PM
    Do the right thing, in the end its your karma none others.
    01-19-09 07:44 PM
    With your replacement phone you should of received an instructions on what needs to be returned. In most case and all Of mine it was stated to only return phone and nothing more. Wow guys he will be paying more those items he keeps with his 2 year contract. If you think his stealing than verizon is ripping him off cause- Does verizon credit his account for the min. he did not use? I don't think so.
    If your logic is that he should keep the extra accessories because he signed a 2 year agreement with a company that doesn't offer roll over minutes - that is outrageous.

The big problem is that the Storm is so new that not all devices that are being sent are coming with all of the accessories. The people who are getting brand new in the box devices after having the phone 30 days are already ahead of the game. They can only send out what they have in stock.

So, if all you receive is the phone with the battery door and SIM card then you should know that you are supposed to keep the other items that originally came with the device. If you receive a brand new phone with all of the accessories, you shouldn't have to come onto a forum and ask what you are supposed to do, it should be a no brainer. And when you call into customer service or technical support, please do not try to get over on the representative by telling them a half truth of what the device came with so that you can pull one over on them. The representative they you speak with doesn't have anything to do with inventory and they won't be the ones charging your account when you don't send everything that you are supposed to within the timeframe you are told too.
    01-19-09 08:34 PM
    Wow! The only documents that came with the new phone that said anything about return procedures is on the receipt and it says to return everything. So the original box, accessories, the whole sha-bang. So I am just gonna return everything I received with it in the beginning. Nuff said.
    01-19-09 08:42 PM
    Wow! The only documents that came with the new phone that said anything about return procedures is on the receipt and it says to return everything. So the original box, accessories, the whole sha-bang. So I am just gonna return everything I received with it in the beginning. Nuff said.
    That was easy!
    01-19-09 08:50 PM
    Here I will help you, I work for verizon. If they send you only the phone you send the phone back. If they send you all first its a brand new phone second u send all back u got if you do not they will consider it incomplete and charge you for it. And they will not credit it back after if you do decide to send it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 09:37 PM
    I'm actually not sure what to do about mine. I got a brand new in box replacement. I didn't get any info on what to return, but like people have said, duh, it's a no brainer. So I opened the phone, pulled out the replacement and checked the click, popped the battery and memory card from my old phone and put it in the new one and made sure everything booted up and worked okay. Set up the new phone, then popped my old one into the box without ever removing the accessories, wrapped it up and shipped it back out that same night (last Wednesday.)

The problem? I just found my 2-year-old playing with the extra memory card this morning. I pulled it out of the new phone to put mine in, and apparently didn't get it back into the box before I wrapped it up. What should I do? Should I call Verizon and offer to return it?
    01-19-09 10:03 PM
    I say keep it and tell us what Verizon does? You can be our test subject .I personally would return everything .
    01-19-09 10:12 PM
    I say keep it and tell us what Verizon does? You can be our test subject .I personally would return everything .
    That's just it, I don't WANT to be a test subject. Nor do I want to be charged $500 I can't afford for a memory card that probably cost them less than $20. If I'd intended to swipe it I'd agree that it was karma kicking me in the nuts, but apparently while it was sitting out my daughter swiped it and I didn't notice it during the swapover/repacking process. She was chewing on it, and while it doesn't LOOK like there's any physical damage, I haven't even popped it in to check so I have some sort of proof that I really haven't used it at all if it becomes an issue. Anyone got any official word on it?
    01-19-09 10:19 PM
    No, you first of all should have received a return slip from FEDEX...
    Insert:
    Inner and Outer boxes
    8gig Memory card AND SIM card
    Charger, adapter for said charger
    Any and all installation CD-Roms
    Phone and Back Door
    USB sync cable

It's truly your life son...
    Personally speaking, people that keep things they *think* they are entitled to (when they are in fact receiving brand new replacements) are worthless human beings...What you *should* do is hand over ANY duplicate items you are receiving...Don't be like the moron down below

With your replacement phone you should of received an instructions on what needs to be returned.
    Wrong. With a brand new replacement phone he *should* have received a brand new Storm (with an optional plastic bag sealed from VZN citing the 2 year agreement Terms and conditions.....)
    ANYONE who requested a brand new replacement and not a FRU, WAS told to return everything originally purchased because, DING DONG!!!! They are getting NEW items!

In most case and all Of mine it was stated to only return phone and nothing more. Wow guys he will be paying more those items he keeps with his 2 year contract. If you think his stealing than verizon is ripping him off cause- Does verizon credit his account for the min. he did not use? I don't think so.
    Actually you nimrod, IF he chose to opt out of the 2 year agreement within the 30 days and IF he went to another carrier VZN WOULD pay for all of his minutes used....and you can ONLY get a replacement brand new phone within 30 days, and NOT after...confused are we?

2nd, your logic is so blatantly moronic you may be mentally impaired.

Your grammar stinks so bad I can't smell my own farts right now!

HE signed the 2 year agreement. Nobody forced him...
    A cell phone isn't a necessity, its a luxury item, so open up a nice can of STFU and have a seat over there, k?

If we were to go by your logic I would have the legal and moral authority to punch you in the face because I read your post and suffered a seizure trying to comprehend your drivel, so rather than sue you, I'd just 5finger smack the mercury from out your fillings for being so dismally stupid.
    01-19-09 10:40 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD