With the Curve, 8830 and even older models; from my inbox I could simply hit the "R" key and start typing out my reply. Every single little trick like that, up to now, has been duplicated to be used on the Storm as well but I can't figure this one out!
    A quick search didn't pull up anybody else talking about this; does anybody have any ideas?

I could open the message first, or click a few more times on the screen but it sort of negates the point. Could also leave the keyboard open but then it only works in landscape mode and the keyboard takes up 3/4s of the screen and so am looking at more clicks/thumb swipes to open the keyboard...

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated!
    01-19-09 10:19 AM
    Bottom left corner of the screen. there is an envelope icon with a green arrow pointing backwards. Click it, instant reply.
    01-19-09 10:26 AM
    This works. I have my keyboard set to my left button (on Side) and (in Landscape) hit the R button and it replied to the message. It seems like it’s the same amount of clicks for me the normal way or bring up the keyboard. What do you guys think?

Note: maybe you can set the left or right button to reply for one click access? Just a thought.
    01-19-09 10:28 AM
    On email, it is "one click" to reply once you open the email, which I assume you would do anyway (to read it). hard to make it much simpler for SMS without a physical keyboard unless an app. was made especially for this tht would let you assign REPLY to a convenience key.
    01-19-09 10:31 AM
    I'm not really sure why it would need to be a one click reply before opening the message...?
    01-19-09 10:32 AM
    I'm not really sure why it would need to be a one click reply before opening the message...?
    I can see why he wants one click in SMS, if the message is short enough to read without opening; however the compose button will suffice for that.

As with you, I can't imagine a reply to an email I haven't read yet, though; perhaps he will provide some clarification...
    01-19-09 11:02 AM
    Yeah I miss that on my curve too. But I can't find a fast way to just reply without opening the message. I usually just make a new message and type the contacts name in. it seems to be fast enough and you don't have to search for the old message
    01-19-09 11:06 AM
    So people are complaining bc they can't reply to an email without reading it first? LOL Who would do this? And why?
    01-19-09 11:08 AM
    Think the OP is referring more to SMS messages than emails where if they are short you can read them without opening them
    01-19-09 11:25 AM
    Not sure if its exactly what you're looking for but once your message is open if you hit the BB button twice it will go straight into reply

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 11:25 AM
    i just use the bottem left icon when i open a message
    01-19-09 11:27 AM
    I have to agree with the original poster. If the SMS message is short it would be nice to have a one click option to reply to the highlighted SMS message. Instead you have to open the message first to have that option in the lower left corner. Seems they could replace the almost worthless scroll icons. I mean who doesn't just scroll with a finger flick. Another one of the small complaints that RIM could improve on.
    01-19-09 12:05 PM
    that's true...there should be a button instead of "new" at the bottom of the screen to just reply to what is highlighted...
    01-19-09 12:54 PM
    jjd228's:
    So people are complaining bc they can't reply to an email without reading it first? LOL Who would do this? And why?

Sitting at my desk, I read the emails that come in but have so much other stuff to do I hold off on replies until I'm walking and can send them from my bb and want to be able to do this quickly.

Short texts are a solid example.

Also if I'm sending out a long text reply and the character limit cuts me off I dont want to have to open the sms again just to reply I want to hit one key while it's already highlighted to continue my train of thought.

... Anyway, these are three of my most common situations and my reasons for wanting this implemented from previous BBs. RIM has done such a killer job keeping all of the other little shortcuts, but not this one?
    01-20-09 08:09 AM
    I have basically the same complaint. Except mine has to do more with sending an additional SMS to the same person I just sent one to. If I want to send another SMS to someone I just sent one to (and they haven't replied) I must click the screen 10 times in order to be able to start entering text to that person. As much as everyone talks about how intuative BB's are suppose to be, I was pretty let down by how they implement their SMS application.
    01-20-09 08:44 AM
    I have basically the same complaint. Except mine has to do more with sending an additional SMS to the same person I just sent one to. If I want to send another SMS to someone I just sent one to (and they haven't replied) I must click the screen 10 times in order to be able to start entering text to that person. As much as everyone talks about how intuative BB's are suppose to be, I was pretty let down by how they implement their SMS application.
    I couldn't agree with this more. I am struggling to find a way to do this efficiently. I'd love it if you could just put your finger on left side of the message and swiped your finger to the right and then back to the left and it would trigger a new message to be created (if the message is a sent one, it would create a message to the recipient of that message, and if it is a received message it would create a message to the sender)

It would be glorious.
    01-20-09 10:20 AM
    Ok..don't flame me --- I'm a first time BB user. Is it me, or is there another way to actually "send" the message once you've completed the message without hitting the "menu key" twice?
    02-12-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD