Around Saturday night I started getting a problem on my 8900 with text messages I am sending and it seems to be down to the phone so I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice?

Basically when a text I send is recieved the first few words arrive ok but the rest of the message appears as black squares, I've tried texting myself to see this. I've also tried the sim in a different phone which seems to work fine so I dont think its the sim. I have also noticed that the message length for one text is now only 70 characters rather than 160 which it should be. It all seems very strange as i hadnt been messin with the phone around the time it stopped.

I was wondering if there is a way to do a settings reset or anythin to try and fix it or if anyone had a clue what it might be?
    01-19-09 09:34 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull?

I was having issues sending MMS messages the other day on my 8900 and a battery pull fixed it.
    01-19-09 10:50 AM
    You can try reinstalling your OS or doing a complete wipe(backup first) then reinstalling the OS.
    01-19-09 10:54 AM
    Tried numerous battery pulls because Orange kept sending SIM updates to try and fix but never helped. I didnt want to go as drastic as changing the operating system as i've had the phone less the a month but i startin to worry that what I may have to do. Orange dont seem to have a clue what they're doing.
    01-19-09 11:55 AM
    Changing the OS isn't drastic, people do it everyday. You can always revert back to the version you have now if you so choose in the event the upgrade doesn't solve your issue.
    01-19-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD