What's the difference between the two options when clicking the Power Off button? I've done both but they seem the same to me.
    01-19-09 01:30 AM
    I always assumed they were the same never power my Storm off so haven't experienced it.
    01-19-09 01:33 AM
    Its probably like on a laptop, where you can turn it "off" which is more of a hibernation mode and when you turn it back on comes right back to what you were doing. Or you can turn it OFF which shuts everything down and starts back up from scratch when you turn it on. I havent tried it, because I never turn my phone off, but I am going to guess thats what it is.
    01-19-09 06:03 AM
    I have no clue, honestly. Neither totally turn the phone off. If you really want to reset the phone, you need to pull the battery.
    01-19-09 06:59 AM
    If you have your BB set to power on/off automatically, FULL power off will not even turn back on if it's scheduled to, while regular power off will shut it off but it will turn back on at the next scheduled auto turn on. Get it?
    01-19-09 08:07 AM
    do you have to have your storm scheduled for that option? i never got a option when powering down.
    01-19-09 08:19 AM
    Yes. If auto on/off is not configured then you don't get the option. You could certainly go experiment and see for yourself.
    01-19-09 08:33 AM
    If you have your BB set to power on/off automatically, FULL power off will not even turn back on if it's scheduled to, while regular power off will shut it off but it will turn back on at the next scheduled auto turn on. Get it?
    OK thanks for the clue. I don't use the on/off feature but do leave the alarm set. Full must cancel alarm too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 10:47 AM
    OK thanks for the clue. I don't use the on/off feature but do leave the alarm set. Full must cancel alarm too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yeah, the full turns off any alarms/calendar notifications
    01-19-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD