hey!

So due to a family emergency I will most likely be traveling to the states for a few weeks. I called Bell and told them this, hoping they could be compassionate and provide me an unlock code for my phone so that I dont have to spend thousands of dollars on roaming fees while I am gone for a few weeks. The moron didnt understand what I was talking about for the first half an hour and then once he understood what I was talking about, told me that it is impossible to unlock the Storm. Is what he saying true? Am I really screwed with a huge bill or can someone please help me out? Thanks a lot!
    01-18-09 10:02 PM
    call back and see if you get someone new. I think Bell did a mass hiring and there's a lot of newbies there
    01-19-09 12:46 PM
    Unfortunately what you were told is true. You can add roaming minutes to your account (it's expensive but it's a LOT less than what you'll end up paying if you don't add the minutes.)

You can either add a bundle of US minutes to your plan or change your plan altogether for a North American plan and then change it back once you're back in Canada.

Hope this helps
    01-19-09 12:47 PM
    See now I have been told many things. I have been told that yes the storm can be unlocked, no the storm doesnt need unlocking you just have to change the sim (because it is also the cdma version?) and no the storm can not be unlocked at all. Can anyone clear this up for me and or provide me this unlock code I keep hearing about?
    01-19-09 05:24 PM
    Nobody wanna help? Please?!!
    01-25-09 11:08 PM
    From my Understanding with CDMA phones you can't unlock them and go from Carrier to Carrier, I was stuck with a Verizon Audiovox Thera Back in the Day because I could not get it off the Verizon network and onto the Bell Network so I had 2 of the same $600 phone one for Canada one for the USA.

IF I was you I would look into a North America Small Business Plan, I go from a North America to a Canada Plan depending on my needs,
    01-26-09 09:44 PM
    From my Understanding with CDMA phones you can't unlock them and go from Carrier to Carrier, I was stuck with a Verizon Audiovox Thera Back in the Day because I could not get it off the Verizon network and onto the Bell Network so I had 2 of the same $600 phone one for Canada one for the USA.

IF I was you I would look into a North America Small Business Plan, I go from a North America to a Canada Plan depending on my needs,
    HUH? Its released on a CDMA network yes, but it DOES have a SIM card slot so you can use it on a GSM network if its unlocked (just like the 8830 from bell). I pulled this website up from google: UNLOCK BLACKBERRY - BLACKBERRY UNLOCKING - BLACKBERRY UNLOCK CODES You can try them or even look on eBay: UNLOCK CODES ALL BLACKBERRYS STORM 9530 9500 WORLDWIDE - eBay (item 250361518881 end time Feb-21-09 05:18:57 PST)

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by pablotoofresh; 01-27-09 at 02:19 PM.
    01-27-09 02:17 PM
    I just unlocked my storm from Bell. My friend at Bell said that the Storm WILL work with a SIM card overseas only, it will automatically lock onto Bell if used in North America. So putting another North American based SIM will not work.

If you go to Europe, no prob.

The phone can be unlocked. Mine was done through HorizonWirelessonline.com

I just checked their site and it says the Bell/Telus system they use is currently down, so you may have to check back again in a few days.
    Enjoy.
    01-27-09 11:39 PM
    nobody can unlock this phone yet...are you sure you unlocked the BELL storm today?
    01-28-09 11:42 AM
    I just unlocked my storm from Bell. My friend at Bell said that the Storm WILL work with a SIM card overseas only, it will automatically lock onto Bell if used in North America. So putting another North American based SIM will not work.

If you go to Europe, no prob.

The phone can be unlocked. Mine was done through HorizonWirelessonline.com

I just checked their site and it says the Bell/Telus system they use is currently down, so you may have to check back again in a few days.
    Enjoy.
    The phone will work in Canada with Rogers if the unit is unlocked. Get a friend thats on the Rogers Network and test it out on your phone.

nobody can unlock this phone yet...are you sure you unlocked the BELL storm today?
    The BELL storm can be unlocked.
    Last edited by pablotoofresh; 01-28-09 at 12:08 PM.
    01-28-09 12:06 PM
    the problem is that no one knows where to get the codes... have been searching it for 2 months now
    02-06-09 10:30 PM
    I just posted website cellularclinic.com they are claiming to have this bell storm 9530 unlocking done. i have not tested my self please post result. chow
    02-11-09 12:07 PM
    02-11-09 07:52 PM
    same problem;morons won't give unlock code for storm 9530
    02-11-09 10:09 PM

I change between those plans with Bell too. The only issue is data is pay per use when you are not on their network.
    02-12-09 09:54 PM
    well that is rite bell wont give you the code. only way to unlock as if now is through a turbo sim which everybody is using to unlock these phones now. it is around $ 35 to 85$ ( depending how much money they wanna make). And it will work perfect only drawback is you have to paste a sim card over your exisiting sim card. It can be used in north american and also anywhere in the world with that sim card.
    The code for this will be out soon but as if now no code for it yet. Storms 9530 and 9500 from verizon and voda phone are unlockable through code though only bell and tellus ones are not as if now.
    02-12-09 10:42 PM
    well that is rite bell wont give you the code. only way to unlock as if now is through a turbo sim which everybody is using to unlock these phones now. it is around $ 35 to 85$ ( depending how much money they wanna make). And it will work perfect only drawback is you have to paste a sim card over your exisiting sim card. It can be used in north american and also anywhere in the world with that sim card.
    The code for this will be out soon but as if now no code for it yet. Storms 9530 and 9500 from verizon and voda phone are unlockable through code though only bell and tellus ones are not as if now.
    So with this method that you are saying via (sim adaptor) does it work well?
    data,internet,pin to pin, call etc?
    02-17-09 01:12 PM
    So with this method that you are saying via (sim adaptor) does it work well?
    data,internet,pin to pin, call etc?
    I do not recomend you Turbo SIM card way to unlock the Bell Storm; I already tried and Storm work as regular phone just calls and SMS messages... not pin to pin and Internet.. the screen show edge in small caracters... not EDGE as normal...
    02-18-09 05:15 PM
    I do not recomend you Turbo SIM card way to unlock the Bell Storm; I already tried and Storm work as regular phone just calls and SMS messages... not pin to pin and Internet.. the screen show edge in small caracters... not EDGE as normal...
    will a turbo sim work as i have a prepaid sim card from the US and i dont have data anyways i just want it for calls and test messages. do you know what turbo sim card works

any help would be great
    02-19-09 02:31 PM

yes i called and indeed they told me that data wouldn't work...and they call it unlocked...sssssshhh...i mean what's the point of having a bb storm with no data...its like a girl without boobies...lol...
    anyways i found a place (not in the country) that can do it....they won't find the code they won't use a turbo sim....what they gonna do is remove the lock period by software...only the gsm part will be unlocked not the cdma part...data,internet,bb messenger, pin to pin,will work (on gsm side) and you could still use it with telus or bell if you want to...they assured me that everything would work perfectly and that they did it many times on bell and telus storms..that's what i need...today i sent them 4 bnib bb storm ... (3from telus and 1from bell) they should receive them tomorrow and i should get them back tuesday...so ill let you guys know what's up!!
    02-19-09 06:54 PM
    will a turbo sim work as i have a prepaid sim card from the US and i dont have data anyways i just want it for calls and test messages. do you know what turbo sim card works

any help would be great
    yes it would work ..but you would have to bring them the sim and the phone for it to work!!
    02-19-09 06:56 PM

wow thanks for confirming!!! allmost fell in their trap!!
    02-19-09 06:57 PM
    wow thanks for confirming!!! allmost fell in their trap!!
    I almost fell into it also as I can't PM you or email this is my only way of contacting you, did you get your phones back do they work where did you send them what was the cost. please advise thanks
    03-04-09 11:52 AM
    I almost fell into it also as I can't PM you or email this is my only way of contacting you, did you get your phones back do they work where did you send them what was the cost. please advise thanks
    Where are you sending the phones?
    03-06-09 03:42 PM
    Where are you sending the phones?
    sorry guys for making you wait.....no they didnt unlocked them...they said they had before but they said that telus and bell put some sort of security software they never saw before...they said the first batch from telus and bell didnt have that secirity software on it....sorry....sent 4 bnib storm there for nothing 200 us dollars of shipping for nothing...the place i sent them was warlox....www.iunlock.com....they are in boston...
    03-14-09 05:46 PM
175 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD