Anyone else notice that nothing is going on? No leak rumors, no talking, I have noticed the thread and post counts going down. Can't even start a thread about when ya might think another leak, or god forbid an actually OTA by VZW. Oh yea worthless .86 caused me to randomly lock up, did a battery pull and while it was restarting I threw it back in its case, where it proceeded to sit with a media card error for 4 hours. When I discovered this, I did a battery pull which caused another media card error. So this time before pulling the battery I removed the media card, and lo and behold the d*mn thing loaded up. I hate .86, and actually .85 and even .83. They just all suck.
    01-18-09 08:18 AM
    +1, I also noticed the decreased activity and was thinking about posting a comment one line yesterday. You beat me to the punch. I guess everyone vented enough and there is nothing new to add. I guess we either wait for the next official OS release or leaked one.
    01-18-09 10:38 AM
    It's the weekend. Sunday morning. Family time

I'm sure it'll pick up later in the day/tomorrow. And I'm sure another leak is just around the corner.

The Storm forums seem to keep Storm'n.

And the servers welcome a little "rest" time.. it's all good!
    01-18-09 10:51 AM
    People stopped expressing their opinions and views in horror that their thread will be deleted. While search function is great, some people try it and don't get anywhere so they ask, and they get scolded. I feel the sites not the same helpful site from just last month, because the older guys/gals are getting irritated with us new people. Certain "moderators" think they're the new kid on the block and are easily power hungry.
    I hope things will pick up, and let ppl discuss things they need to without making a huge fret.. This is/was a good community and i appreciate the past help i've had.
    01-18-09 11:00 AM
    I think people are getting burnt out. Its been two months of pandemonium for some people spending crazy amounts of time on this phone. Whether its updating OS, battery pulls, or just normal use two months is a long time. And yeah its Sunday mornin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 11:43 AM
    I think that the Jan 15th deadline to return passed and alot of the whiners and haters returned their Storms. Thank God. Still love mine though.
    01-18-09 11:45 AM
    I think that the Jan 15th deadline to return passed and alot of the whiners and haters returned their Storms. Thank God. Still love mine though.
    Word to the Satalite!
    01-18-09 11:54 AM
    People stopped expressing their opinions and views in horror that their thread will be deleted. While search function is great, some people try it and don't get anywhere so they ask, and they get scolded. I feel the sites not the same helpful site from just last month, because the older guys/gals are getting irritated with us new people. Certain "moderators" think they're the new kid on the block and are easily power hungry.
    I hope things will pick up, and let ppl discuss things they need to without making a huge fret.. This is/was a good community and i appreciate the past help i've had.
    Can't say I disagree with this. I've been reprimanded a couple times for not posting in the right places and whatnot and when I've questioned a couple things I was met with "don't question my decision", which was really odd.

This is definitely one of the best forum sites I've ever been to. Very clean, helpful and mostly polite people with great info, but things could lighten up a little. Its still just a forum for people to BS.
    01-18-09 11:57 AM
    .88 is in testing now hopefully it will leak soon!

01-18-09 12:43 PM
    [QUOTE=zoli10;1441763]Can't say I disagree with this. I've been reprimanded a couple times for not posting in the right places and whatnot and when I've questioned a couple things I was met with "don't question my decision", which was really odd.QUOTE]

I agree as well. Interesting that the word "moderator" comes from "moderate" -- seems like too many of them aren't moderate at all; rather, they seem like extremist fascists.

So to all the moderators who are really high on themselves b/c of their "power":
    it's a freakin' online forum not the US Presidency, get over it.
    Last edited by leo1055; 01-18-09 at 12:49 PM.
    01-18-09 12:45 PM
    Well mods are just doing their jobs. if it wasnt for some of those efforts do you know what a zoo this place would be?

my only gripe that makes me think twice before posting is that any time i post something regarding my frustration with the storm, im met with a ton of people telling me to stop posting, or my opinion is BS, or its all "user error, not device error", etc.

Any time i see a new user posting their similar frustrations they are met with similar replies like "just return it" or "why telling us? just gtfo" etc.

so exclude general rant/frustration threads, and sorting all other posts into their appropriate subforum, and there is very little left for main forum.
    01-18-09 12:56 PM
    This Is A Great Forum, But To Many People Think They Are Moderators ,But There Are A-Holes In Every Crowd. To Many Times Ive Seen Many Post From New BB Owners Get Shot Down As Soon As They Post.Too Many People Forget Some Of Us Are New. I Say Get Over Ur Damn Self Its A Forum.
    Last edited by Gmac3; 01-18-09 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    01-18-09 01:08 PM
    Can't say I disagree with this. I've been reprimanded a couple times for not posting in the right places and whatnot and when I've questioned a couple things I was met with "don't question my decision", which was really odd.QUOTE]

I agree as well. Interesting that the word "moderator" comes from "moderate" -- seems like too many of them aren't moderate at all; rather, they seem like extremist fascists.

So to all the moderators who are really high on themselves b/c of their "power":
    I am one of the fascist Moderators you are referring too.

We have a simple set of rules that govern our posting behavior. Posts that break the rules have to be dealt with. We try to do it with a minimum disruption to the topic and preserve the content of the thread.

Usually, that means an edit or a delete of the offending post. The Mod Alert means the entire community takes an active role in moderation. If there is a complaint, it is investigated and dealt with summery.

Usually, the members involved are contacted, we get a lot of colorful replies as I am sure you can imagine. The vast majority of members appreciate and support our approach.
    01-18-09 01:19 PM
    In places like Desk services, customer support, etc. There are documents available with the top 5 most asked questions:
    Moderators could get together and compile stickies that are generic and device specific, then document the answers and always reference the new users to those.
    There are some stickies with good information (ie: links to device user guides). However, the user guides do not always provide the tricks to known bugs.

I know, you will never eliminate the user that will not search before asking. However, it will make it easier for everyone to have the stickies and then tell the new users "read the stickies and try the solutions provided"

There is an excellent knowledge base burried in the posts.

For example: I see the top 5 to be.
    * Micro SD
    * Video questions
    * WI-FI
    * Upgrades
    * Memory

That should help reduce repetition of posts and frustration.
    01-18-09 01:27 PM
    This Is A Great Forum, But To Many People Think They Are Moderators ,But There Are A-Holes In Every Crowd. To Many Times Ive Seen Many Post From New BB Owners Get Shot Down As Soon As They Post.Too Many People Forget Some Of Us Are New. I Say Get Over Ur Damn Self Its A Forum.
    I have to agree. There are certain members that just HAVE to make a rude comment to a topic that may have already been posted.....even if it was weeks ago. Yes, searching is important, but let's face it...it's not always going to happen.

It would be nice if those people who get their panties in a wad just moved on and restrained from shooting down the poster because there is always another kind member willing to help out regardless if it was already addressed.

And, I'd like to just add..I think the moderators do an excellent job.
    01-18-09 01:29 PM
    I have noticed alot of the same questions keep getting repeated over and over again. That would turn me off from posting anything. People need to look around for answers a little before asking.
    01-18-09 01:36 PM
    Actually you just described howardforums.com... that is why I refuse to go back there.

I really have no complaints about this site, none at all.

[QUOTE=leo1055;1442045]
    Can't say I disagree with this. I've been reprimanded a couple times for not posting in the right places and whatnot and when I've questioned a couple things I was met with "don't question my decision", which was really odd.QUOTE]

01-18-09 01:43 PM
    most people returned their storm... And i just post everything in rants and raves anyway lol
    01-18-09 02:22 PM
    In places like Desk services, customer support, etc. There are documents available with the top 5 most asked questions:
    Moderators could get together and compile stickies that are generic and device specific, then document the answers and always reference the new users to those.
    There are some stickies with good information (ie: links to device user guides). However, the user guides do not always provide the tricks to known bugs.

I know, you will never eliminate the user that will not search before asking. However, it will make it easier for everyone to have the stickies and then tell the new users "read the stickies and try the solutions provided"

There is an excellent knowledge base burried in the posts.

For example: I see the top 5 to be.
    * Micro SD
    * Video questions
    * WI-FI
    * Upgrades
    * Memory

That should help reduce repetition of posts and frustration.
    That is exactly the strategy we have followed. Members document their findings and the thread is moved to the How-To sub forums. It has served us well in the past, and it is working out in the Storm How-To sub forum too.

When a new member asks a question, it is simple for experienced members to provide a link to the How-To thread. I subscribe to the most frequently accessed How-To thread, mine and others too. The links are only a few clicks away.

Verizon's promotion has brought us a lot of new faces. Some may not stick around for the full tour, but we value the contributions of all members.
    01-18-09 02:45 PM
    .88 is in testing now hopefully it will leak soon!

Crap, why did you bring that up???

Now there things are either going to get crazy or get deleted

J/K
    01-18-09 02:57 PM
    most people returned their storm... And i just post everything in rants and raves anyway lol
    First off I would like to say this guy needs a life. He comes in here to pick a fight. He has nothing usefull to say but opens his piehole anyway.

Next I would like to say, that the moderators are not bad guys. They work to keep things flowing as smooth as they can. Even CX who I think is the most gestapoish mod on here, (im sorry he does know a ton and helps people
    but his "this thread is useless line followed by CLOSED" routine is getting old) is on here to benefit everyone.

On the subject of newbies asking silly questions:
    Yes they can ask some pretty mundane and so over done questions. Ya know what though so have I. Sometimes you get so frustrated that you just wanna scream and have everyone hear you. When that happens, sure tell them to use the search function thats what its there for, but while you are at it, just answer the stinking question. You went to the trouble of creating another post, just help em out. Whats the difference?
    Last edited by Valace2; 01-18-09 at 03:01 PM.
    01-18-09 02:58 PM
    That is exactly the strategy we have followed. Members document their findings and the thread is moved to the How-To sub forums. It has served us well in the past, and it is working out in the Storm How-To sub forum too.

When a new member asks a question, it is simple for experienced members to provide a link to the How-To thread. I subscribe to the most frequently accessed How-To thread, mine and others too. The links are only a few clicks away.

Verizon's promotion has brought us a lot of new faces. Some may not stick around for the full tour, but we value the contributions of all members.
    Well, that is great. I will add the link to the How-to in my signature.

Regards,
    01-18-09 03:05 PM
    In may case the 3 other people that i know that HAD the Storm were "normal" business users with limited computer skills have all returned because the phone was to difficult/laggy for them. And this has proven to be the case with most people. Being a programmer myself i love the phone so far, And with each OS leak i see great strides, others(aka normal users) don't see it.

Picking a fight no.. just go down to your verizon store and ask some of the sales people about the amount of complaints and returns. They WILL just nod their heads.

Everyone on this forum said they have no problem with getting the phone early and it being buggy.. thats fine. we are a small amount of people. but most users aren't that computer savvy, and most people don't have nerve to "stick a phone out" thats why iPhone is a HUGE success, they make an easy phone for "most people". 5-6 Months from now this will be MUCH improved.
    Last edited by destro23; 01-18-09 at 03:16 PM.
    01-18-09 03:13 PM
    I agree with the comments about anything negative to say about the Storm is met with "Shut up and gtfo", when most of these things being said are true. Heck, if you can't jump on a forum and vent when your smartphone takes a dump on you, it's not a great forum is it?
    01-18-09 03:41 PM
    In may case the 3 other people that i know that HAD the Storm were "normal" business users with limited computer skills have all returned because the phone was to difficult/laggy for them. And this has proven to be the case with most people. Being a programmer myself i love the phone so far, And with each OS leak i see great strides, others(aka normal users) don't see it.

Picking a fight no.. just go down to your verizon store and ask some of the sales people about the amount of complaints and returns. They WILL just nod their heads.

Everyone on this forum said they have no problem with getting the phone early and it being buggy.. thats fine. we are a small amount of people. but most users aren't that computer savvy, and most people don't have nerve to "stick a phone out" thats why iPhone is a HUGE success, they make an easy phone for "most people". 5-6 Months from now this will be MUCH improved.

Well thats funny because it seems like I have been seeing Storms all over the place, and I guarantee that I have seen more Storms in the short time it has been out, than Iphones. Just the other day I saw a doctor carrying one around. If a doctor trusts it, i think I can to. You made a blanket statement and I think its FOS. A girl in one of my classes had it, yea she didn't like that it was so buggy, so I walked her the OTA process for .75 and now she loves it. Ya know why she bought it? Because she thought it looked cool. Your title says not a BB user, so either change that or GTFO because coming in here saying that everyone is taking their Storms back, and that you post in here because you think you can say what you want, makes you sound like a *****
    Last edited by Valace2; 01-18-09 at 03:58 PM.
    01-18-09 03:55 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD