I have a quick question...
    in bedside mode am i suppose to be able to just touch the screen and have the screen light up or actually click the screen?
    if the answer is touch, well then my phone is having an issue and isn't working correctly, what might have caused this?
    Thank you.
    01-18-09 05:54 AM
    I have to touch mine to get it out of bedside mode. The only advice I can give you is the old standard on this site......BATTERY PULL. This seems to be the answer to everything. Surprisingly, it works for most issues. You also might want do a search for this issue as this phone has been out since mid November and a ton of questions have been posted since then.

Good luck!!
    01-18-09 05:59 AM
    For me, whenever the screen is actually off I have to either CLICK the screen or hit one of the hard buttons on the bottom to get the screen to come on. I don't this this is any different in bedside mode. Just make sure you turn off bedside mode when your no longer sleeping.
    01-18-09 06:02 AM
    If you have it plugged into a charger, the screen should not turn off completely when in bedside mode, so you can use it as a clock and just glance over to check the time. If you want the screen to get brighter, you should only have to touch it.

If not plugged in, however, the normal backlight time-out applies and the screen will shut off after a period of inactivity, at which point you will have to click it to turn it back on.
    01-18-09 06:22 AM
    Yeah, I have tried a battery pull and that hasn't fixed it. Been doing them a lot lately to try and get rid of my voice mail icon that's stuck there.
    And I'm asking this question as if it is plugged in, so I'm guessing there is something wrong with it. Luckily it's not a big issue and I can live.
    01-18-09 02:08 PM
    If you have it plugged into a charger, the screen should not turn off completely when in bedside mode, so you can use it as a clock and just glance over to check the time. If you want the screen to get brighter, you should only have to touch it.

If not plugged in, however, the normal backlight time-out applies and the screen will shut off after a period of inactivity, at which point you will have to click it to turn it back on

__________________________________________________ _____
    When I had my phone plugged in charging and had it in bedside mode it dimmed out on me, to see the time, I just touched the screen. To get out of bedside mode, etc, hit the BB button and changed it/cancelled it. Can't rememeber. I didn't like the clock on, too bright.
    01-18-09 05:33 PM
    Wont the screen die at some point if it is continuously left on? (ie. in charging/connected to power mode)
    01-19-09 12:45 AM
    While charging the screen will only stay on if you have it on the clock. If its on the home page the screen will dim out and turn off. At least it does on my phone. When its in clock mode which I have it go to automatically when its charging the screen never turns off it always has the clock up there. If I get out of the clock to go to the home page or to messages or whatever, the screen will dim down and turn off unless I put it back to the clock.
    01-19-09 05:47 AM
    So the touch, vs press to turn the screen on is dependent on if it is plugged in?
    01-19-09 07:01 AM
    So the touch, vs press to turn the screen on is dependent on if it is plugged in?
    And whether or not its in bedside mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 08:05 AM
    For Bedside Mode:

Once Dimmed it will take a click to show clock.
    You can set the clock to do a couple things when 'charging or not'

Bedside mode no charge: Dims & click to resume
    Bedside mode charge: Show clock
    Bedside mode charge(clock When Charging = do nothing): dims & click to resume

One would think the when charging set to bedside mode it would work the same as non-charging.. oh well.

To get the Bedside mode to dim (click to display) either charging or not:
    when viewing clock, press BB button > options >
    Under CLOCK -When Charging: select "Do nothing"

Of course the dimming is under the clock > options > bedside mode
    for those who would prefer to have the clock not dim etc...
    01-19-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD