So I have had a Blackberry Storm for a while now and I was constantly getting criticism from my wife on constantly playing with it either at work, at home, or even out around town. So today we went and upgraded her phone since it decided to die. She has always been against getting a smartphone because they are to "complicated", but I knew that she could actually use one. Anyhow we were at the verizon store and were looking at a bunch of different phones when she came across the Pearl. Awile back I suggested it as more of a joke than anything, but apparently she had been doing her research on it secertly. She started to play around with it at the store and ended up getting it. Now she has been home all night and I cannot pull her away from this thing. A true crackberry addiction. Maybe soon she will be looking and posting on here.
    01-18-09 02:19 AM
    So I have had a Blackberry Storm for a while now and I was constantly getting criticism from my wife on constantly playing with it either at work, at home, or even out around town. So today we went and upgraded her phone since it decided to die. She has always been against getting a smartphone because they are to "complicated", but I knew that she could actually use one. Anyhow we were at the verizon store and were looking at a bunch of different phones when she came across the Pearl. Awile back I suggested it as more of a joke than anything, but apparently she had been doing her research on it secertly. She started to play around with it at the store and ended up getting it. Now she has been home all night and I cannot pull her away from this thing. A true crackberry addiction. Maybe soon she will be looking and posting on here.
    Good Job on the assimilation 6 of 9. The Crackbery Nation must add everyone's biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Everyone must know that resistance is futile!
    01-18-09 02:43 AM
    Wow, great job... I already have a Pearl laying around, but the missus loves her Dare.

I don't think I'll get her over to the Dark Side anytime soon.
    01-18-09 04:19 AM
    how much would you charge to get my wife to use a blackberry ? she likes two buttons on a phone send and end.
    01-18-09 04:32 AM
    Nice one. My brother is in the market for a new phone & provider. He likes my Curve, and actually considered it, but then said he couldn't justify the monthly expense. Oh well, I tried. Money's tight for him so I can't blame him. He just bought a house a few months ago so that's why.
    01-18-09 04:43 AM
    I got my Pearl in October, and was ridiculed (for my addiction to it) by my business partner, a couple of employees, and my wife. Well, since then, they have all gotten a BB.
    01-18-09 08:00 AM
    *snickers* I'm working on convincing the BF to obtain a BB when his contract w/Alltel is over. He tells me I'm addicted but then finds a way to sneak it out of my purse to look at it XD
    01-18-09 09:42 AM
    My wife also used to ask why I needed a BlackBerry, but after playing around with my Pearl and realizing that I never had to check my email from the computer anymore, she asked for one too, and now, she's addicted to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 01:13 PM
    I have to say I never understood the addiction & never thought I would be 1 of those people. My hubby & I got our curves cuz we have limited internet access at home. The addiction was immediate! U don't understand til u have 1, but resistance is futile!

01-18-09 01:55 PM
    I have converted a few friends and family members too. Soon everyone will have one, they can't fight the urge much longer haha.

01-18-09 03:27 PM
    I don't know how I would live without my BB. It's like remembering to put on my glasses.

01-18-09 03:34 PM
    Wow, great job... I already have a Pearl laying around, but the missus loves her Dare.

I don't think I'll get her over to the Dark Side anytime soon.
    Dark sideis Star Wars not Star Trek ;-)
    (or were you just intending to use a different analogy entirely?)
    01-19-09 08:42 PM
    Dark side is Star Wars not Star Trek ;-)
    (or were you just intending to use a different analogy entirely?)
    Intended to use a different analogy...
    01-19-09 08:47 PM
    Me n hubby almost got a divorce when he threatened to throw my BB out tha window while speeding :/... When he said that I snapped and said if you do you will loose me!!.. Haha.. This thing does not leave my hand for a secong! Do you ever catch your self waking up in the middle of the night checking it for email,mms,sms or BBM's!!.. Well my body for some reason does it .. Well back to hubby, he then one day needed it since his regular phone broke and took mine for 2 days...after 3 I was wanting it back! He returned it n took off!.. 2 hours later I found him in the car outside where he was adding his contacts to his new BB.. Lol!.. Plus every1 at work slowly started to get them also!..

01-22-09 07:44 PM
    Me n hubby almost got a divorce when he threatened to throw my BB out tha window while speeding :/... When he said that I snapped and said if you do you will loose me!!.. Haha.. This thing does not leave my hand for a secong! Do you ever catch your self waking up in the middle of the night checking it for email,mms,sms or BBM's!!.. Well my body for some reason does it .. Well back to hubby, he then one day needed it since his regular phone broke and took mine for 2 days...after 3 I was wanting it back! He returned it n took off!.. 2 hours later I found him in the car outside where he was adding his contacts to his new BB.. Lol!.. Plus every1 at work slowly started to get them also!..

LMAO. One of the best stories I've read on here.
    01-22-09 08:27 PM
    I got my wife a Curve after she couldn't stop using mine. She loves it! Now we have to try and keep our 15 month old from playing with either of our phones.
    01-22-09 09:22 PM
    Resistance is Futile. I converted my husband a few months ago. Congrats!

01-22-09 09:24 PM
    My brother was the first one to get a blackberry. After playing with it for a bit I knew I needed one, so the b/f and I went out and each got a BB pearl. A week later my best friend just HAD to have one and ordered it from Rogers.
    Now i'm trying to convince my mom to get one, not that it's going to be very hard..... I mean, it's a BB, use it once and the addiction has started.
    01-22-09 10:06 PM
    Yay! Another convert. I had my curve for about a month when I converted my own mother! She hasn't looked back and neither have I.

01-22-09 10:51 PM
    Ahh, another conversion. Well done, BB's just freakin amazing.
    01-22-09 11:21 PM
    Well it took some time with my hubbie. When I got my curve and he got my pearl-- not by choice--- he was not happy!. At first he just wanted his razr back but now he is keeping his bb!! He is actually trying to learn how to use his bb!!!!! So that's my hubbie and my dad that now have bbs.

01-23-09 05:44 AM
    My wife's a convert as well. Since we upgraded her to a Storm, she won't go back to a standard phone again. Now I have to find a home for her Decoy....
    01-23-09 07:17 AM
    I converted my wife a few months ago. I got her a pearl, since her phone was dying. (Tried to get her into a curve but she just thought it was too big). Said it was silly to have a phone that could do all that a BB does. After a day I asked her "If you still think it's unnecessary we can return it for a regular phone" she refused. She's been addicted ever since.
    01-23-09 10:13 AM
    I don't have a husband or bf to always question why I'm on my BlackBerry, but my family is constantly heckling me for it. Then, when they all messed around with it a few times, they got berry envy. Haha! My dad is slightly butthurt that his Chocolate (my mom and bro use a chocolate, too) can't do some of the nifty things BBerry's can. I got them hooked. Only a matter of time before they break and give in.
    01-23-09 01:34 PM
    My wife is always heckling me for playing with my berry, she calls it my addiction. (She's right)

Well last Sunday, we went into VZ to find out when she could upgrade, and she looked at phones. She decided that she didn't like any of the regular phones, and wanted a Blackberry herself. After playing with the Pink Curve, that was it.

I go back next Teusday to get her new blackberry.

She is my second conversion, my dad was the first.
    01-23-09 01:55 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD