Hi, I just got the bolt browser, but it keeps telling me "unable to connect, no network".. What gives? Everything else works fine, fb, msn etc.. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 02:48 AM
    Perhaps try a soft reset??
    01-17-09 04:16 AM
    Bah, Bolt is too buggy to use at the moment, imo. Tedious to use and slow, but the rendering is nice I guess.

01-17-09 04:22 AM
    Hi, I just got the bolt browser, but it keeps telling me "unable to connect, no network".. What gives? Everything else works fine, fb, msn etc.. Any help would be greatly appreciated

you may need to set your TCP/IP settings:

Go to options and advanced.... TCP/IP and make sure you check the box to enable APN settings

Under APN
    Type in Internet.com

should then be good to go!
    01-17-09 04:29 AM
    I had the same problem...until I accidentally changed the setting: Menu\WiFi\Enable...then it suddenly worked!

Of course, I have a router on in the house.

01-17-09 06:52 AM
    I can't even get it to download. I tried multiple times but it kept failing.

01-17-09 07:30 AM
    If you received a link from bolt you must TYPE IT into your phone's browser...not click the link!!!...If you just click the link, the link will expire!...Its a 'one time use only' situation.
    01-17-09 07:39 AM
    I am having the same problem getting the Bolt browser to work. I went into advanced options but there is no menu item for TCP/IP (I am using a BB8330 from Verizon). Is there another way I can change the APN settings?
    01-17-09 07:46 AM
    i m having the same problem as well i followed teh download instructions i downloaded the bolt and everytim i try to launch it "error internet not available cek with network services" i am on bbbold running .217
    01-17-09 08:50 AM
    Make sure you don't have wifi enabled. If you do it will only look for a wifi connection. It won't use the 3G

01-17-09 09:30 AM
    i have the same problem. i can connect using wifi but im getting the "internet not available . check network service" when using 3g connection. how do i enable the 3g on this browser? and yes i tried battery pull, disabled wifi, and apn settings but nothing works.
    01-17-09 09:41 AM
    I'm getting the same "internet not available check netwrok services notification". I went into options>advanced options, but I only see TCP, not TCP/IP. There was no option for me to enable APN settings, just the APN, username and password for APN. It's not really frustrating, but I would just like the opportunity to try out BOLT. I really hope this has nothing to do with my location (I.e, the caribbean). If it does, I'll be totally bummed out. Help someone!

01-17-09 12:37 PM
    I cant even download it, I'm getting a "909 Application authentication failure"
    01-17-09 03:12 PM
    Did you guys make sure to download the unsigned version of Bolt?

01-17-09 03:19 PM
    I managed to download it now but I'm getting: Internet not available. Check network services.

EDIT: NEVERMIND I got it!!
    its pretty damn fast
    Last edited by klu; 01-17-09 at 03:43 PM.
    01-17-09 03:40 PM
    Ya I downloaded the unsigned version. Still can't get it to work.

01-17-09 05:30 PM
    I got the e-mail twice saying I was in but every single download link said it had already expired, and I did NOT touch them beforehand.

Then today I got an e-mail saying I had been accepted except it was different in that it acknowledged some errors with previous links and when I tried this one it worked perfectly.
    01-17-09 05:35 PM

Downloaded & installed yesterday; just got it to work after plenty of reading, then some playing time; this is what I did:

BOLT--> MENU--> WIFI--> DISABLE

Menu+CLOSE+RESTART BOLT u should be good to go

If it fails again, you may always turn WIFI OFF in both, browser AND BB as suggested; this could be also set, for T-Mobile customers at least...

APN setting for T-Mobile is wap.voicestream.com leave the username and password blank

(Thanks to the poster with this useful info)

No additional settings needed on my end, (Curve 8320, .81)

So far speed seems to be a big plus; generally choppy otherwise, as expected from a Beta release. Controls, using shortcuts posted in this Forum, are useful;

I believe developers will be working (hopefully they are) on flaws reported and suggestions made by Beta Users.

My 2 cts...
    01-18-09 12:04 PM
    you may need to set your TCP/IP settings:

Go to options and advanced.... TCP/IP and make sure you check the box to enable APN settings

Under APN
    Type in Internet.com

should then be good to go!
    This worked for me, fixed it my no connection issue. Thanks! Bolt kicks ***!
    01-19-09 12:25 PM
    I managed to download it now but I'm getting: Internet not available. Check network services.

EDIT: NEVERMIND I got it!!
    its pretty damn fast
    hi, can you please share with us the steps you took in fixing this one? thanks in advance.
    01-20-09 05:47 AM
    I just installed Bolt myself and i tried all sorts of settings including the ones in here but no go. So have taken it off...wasnt that impressed with it to be honest...ill stick with the bb browser, it may be slow but at least it works...
    01-20-09 07:36 AM
    I also did everything with the settings but it only works with an battery pull.After a while the problem returned.
    Delete and back to the default blackberry browser.(for few more days till the new browser will come out).
    08-07-10 02:17 PM
    I too get the "Internet not available. Check network services." error when I use BOLT over my data network. When using wifi it works fine. I have ensured the following:

1. turned off wifi mode in BOLT
    2. APN settings are correct
    3. other applications are fine (BB Browser, Opera Mini browser)
    4. Tried battery pull after all of this

Anyone have any suggestions for me to try? I would appreciate any help.
    11-09-10 09:38 AM
    I too get the "Internet not available. Check network services." error when I use BOLT over my data network. When using wifi it works fine. I have ensured the following:

1. turned off wifi mode in BOLT
    2. APN settings are correct
    3. other applications are fine (BB Browser, Opera Mini browser)
    4. Tried battery pull after all of this

Anyone have any suggestions for me to try? I would appreciate any help.
    So I contacted BOLT support about this and they were not helpful. They said I should try restarting BOLT to see if it fixes the issue. Um ... what. I did a full battery pull, but restarting the application, yeah that will probably fix it.

Also, if you try to register with BOLT forums they have to manually add you to the user list (I have been waiting 3 days now for access to their forums) so looks like it's back to Opera Mini and the BB Browser.
    11-10-10 08:55 AM
    Whats up guys? Sorry to hijack the thread but I thought ya'll might like to check out this web browser called 'uZard Web P'. I was tired of stock browser on my bold 9000, and wasn't happy with bolt or opera and I just came across this uZard browser and its nice. Kinda takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of it, its a breeze. One thing to take into consideration for scrolling pages is to use the numbers 2,4,6,8 to scroll and number 5 acts as a 'mouse click'. I was trying to scroll the pages via the mouse pointer with the trackball when I first got the browser and then realized the number pad scrolling was MUCH better. I would post a link to the browser but since I'm a crackberry newbie I can not post links. - Any how, see what you think.

- Casper
    11-10-10 10:41 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD