Whenever I do a google sync, I get duplicates and sometimes triplicates or quadruplicates of some (not all) of my contacts in my phone book. Why is that? And how do I stop it? Its causing recipients to receive multiple SMS texts from me based on the number of times they are repeated in my phonebook. Help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 08:53 PM
    I'm getting duplicates of all my calendar entries. This started today.
    01-17-09 01:05 PM
    I'm getting duplicates of all my calendar entries. This started today.
    hey kingb71...hopefully some1 will respond to our duplicate issue...SOON...
    01-18-09 10:00 PM
    I had the same issue, and mine was made worse by the fact that I use a programmed called Spanning Sync on my mac to synchronize my iCal and Address Book with Google and then Google Sync with the blackberry, I ended up with duplicates of everything and then ended up with duplicates of everything I tried to fix, I think at one point some contacts had up to 8 copies.

My ultimate solution was to delete everything on the blackberry and everyone on Google, then clean up everything on my mac and synchronize my mac with google and then synchronize google with my blackberry. I also would pick one way to synchronize your blackberry; either with desktop manager or google sync, they dont seem to work well together.

I know when you setup a BES system it purges all of the contacts on the blackberry, I am sure for just this reason, so I am not sure if there ever will be a better solution.

One thing I still notice is, and I am not sure if its Google Sync or Spanning Sync, but it puts all of my city and state info in address line 2 of the contact. Never seemed like a big deal until I tried to pull up contact addresses through Blackberry Maps, and it didn't work.
    01-19-09 10:01 AM
    I think my problem is that google calendar entries have been added to my blackberry calendar, and not to the calendar associated with my gmail address somehow. I will probably have to delete everything & start over.
    01-19-09 05:34 PM
    hmm this does not happen to me. I just sync'd today at 10 am and it is fine!
    01-19-09 07:45 PM
    I had the same issue, and mine was made worse by the fact that I use a programmed called Spanning Sync on my mac to synchronize my iCal and Address Book with Google and then Google Sync with the blackberry, I ended up with duplicates of everything and then ended up with duplicates of everything I tried to fix, I think at one point some contacts had up to 8 copies.

My ultimate solution was to delete everything on the blackberry and everyone on Google, then clean up everything on my mac and synchronize my mac with google and then synchronize google with my blackberry. I also would pick one way to synchronize your blackberry; either with desktop manager or google sync, they dont seem to work well together.

I know when you setup a BES system it purges all of the contacts on the blackberry, I am sure for just this reason, so I am not sure if there ever will be a better solution.

One thing I still notice is, and I am not sure if its Google Sync or Spanning Sync, but it puts all of my city and state info in address line 2 of the contact. Never seemed like a big deal until I tried to pull up contact addresses through Blackberry Maps, and it didn't work.
    I ran into the same issue. The "fix" is to use the format your contact addresses in the following format in GMAIL to sync correctly on your BB:

[Street Address Line 1]
    [Street Address Line 2 if applicable OR just hit return for a blank line]
    [City]
    [State]
    [Country]

By entering the address data according to the above format, the sync will place the data in the proper data fields on your BB contact.

I hope this helps!
    10-04-09 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD