Just saw these for sale on VZW's website. Looks to be a GREAT deal for $29.99.

Storm Kit
    Welcome to Verizon Wireless we are now offering the Storm Kit at a special discount rate through February 29th for all kits purchased during this time. This kit contains 125 various tools to get you through the next 24 months GUARANTEED. Kit does contain a torx wrench and we have added the much anticipated hacksaw. *business card not included*

We at Verizon Wireless appreciate your patience with us. To all the customers who understand that our newest, hottest, best built, super high quality, innovative, never before seen, fastest and least returned phone will require a little work out of the box we extend our gratitude.

01-16-09 05:09 PM
    Hahahahahaha awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 05:15 PM
    lmao that is too funny! So sad but so true, for some of us.
    01-16-09 05:33 PM
    Just saw these for sale on VZW's website. Looks to be a GREAT deal for $29.99.
    Do you do anything other than lurk around here trash talking a device that you do not even claim to have, and more than likely have only seen at the VZW store? I mean it is as if you hang out regurgitating everything you read that is negative. You spout statistics as if they are fact, and opinions as if anyone really cares.

Find something else to do.
    01-16-09 05:34 PM
    I laughed.
    01-16-09 05:36 PM
    Do you do anything other than lurk around here trash talking a device that you do not even claim to have, and more than likely have only seen at the VZW store? I mean it is as if you hang out regurgitating everything you read that is negative. You spout statistics as if they are fact, and opinions as if anyone really cares.

Well someones got their panties in a bunch. Calm down pal. It was a joke clearly. Just because you own one doesn't mean you have to defend it to the death. Just laugh, or don't look. Whatever you chose, just calm down!

01-16-09 05:43 PM
    u gonna need to keep the pam pre hooked up to outlet 24/7 with that tiny battery they are putting in it
    01-16-09 05:47 PM
    Well someones got their panties in a bunch. Calm down pal. It was a joke clearly. Just because you own one doesn't mean you have to defend it to the death. Just laugh, or don't look. Whatever you chose, just calm down!

Panties wrapped up tight, steam blowin' out both ears and breathing fire.

Not really like that but this A$$ clown has posted for the past month on how terrible the Storm is and ain't got the jewels to get one for himself, then trash talk.

Me, I am OK with it either way.
    01-16-09 05:50 PM

I find it flattering. Clearly he's so consumed by the fact that we own one and he doesn't that lurking here is the only solace he can find.

I'd let it slide, we have a great phone to enjoy. :
    01-16-09 06:18 PM
    Pre out of the box will run circles around the Storm. No contest. Sorry : )

Storm can't get out of its own way.

01-16-09 06:19 PM
    What? No Swiffer included? Ohhhh....that's some bullllll****e!
    01-16-09 06:20 PM
    u gonna need to keep the pam pre hooked up to outlet 24/7 with that tiny battery they are putting in it
    Early reports have it running off a Centro sized battery.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I guess 20 mins talk time and 60 minutes standby time isn't so horrible.
    01-16-09 06:22 PM
    I find it flattering. Clearly he's so consumed by the fact that we own one and he doesn't that lurking here is the only solace he can find.

I'd let it slide, we have a great phone to enjoy. :
    You are right my friend, I just let the cork pop there, said what was on my mind. Over and done with.

I am sure that most of us see the posts for that they really are.

FICTION
    01-16-09 06:22 PM
    I spent my money on the 32g iPod Touch after I handled the plasticy Storm. Envious? Not in the least. I bought something I wanted.

Fyi I REALLY wanted the Storm at one time until I saw how cheap it was and how bad it ran.

01-16-09 06:23 PM
    You are right my friend, I just let the cork pop there, said what was on my mind. Over and done with.

I am sure that most of us see the posts for that they really are.

FICTION
    Absolutely. Even those who aren't fans of the Storm can see there are legitimate critics and then there are those who spout off despite never actually having used one.

From the numbers, clearly we can see it's a losing battle. It has jumped to the top of Verizon's line in the short time it's been out. BEST SELLING device for VZW. Hot hot hot.
    01-16-09 06:26 PM
    Hey hey now cereal. We agree on the pre. BUT wait.. 32gig touch?..
    Anyway, the storm has a solid build feel to it. OS is buggy, some do have hardware issues but mine don't have hardware faults. I love the "build" feel of the storm. But again Storm and Curve are my favorite two fav phones, even though the curve feels as strong as my daughters Dora fake phone lol
    01-16-09 06:31 PM
    HAHAHA good one. I bet some people think this is legit and want the link to it or will say they cant find the link on VZ's site.

But does this have dust issues?
    01-16-09 06:33 PM
    Anyway, the storm has a solid build feel to it. OS is buggy, some do have hardware issues but mine don't have hardware faults. I love the "build" feel of the storm. But again Storm and Curve are my favorite two fav phones, even though the curve feels as strong as my daughters Dora fake phone lol
    I regularly carry my Storm and my iPod Touch on business trips. I also know which one is a phone and which isn't.

Couldn't agree more with the hardware issues. Mine is flawless and like you, I also enjoy the hefty feel to it. No question the iPod Touch stands alone for Wifi browsing, watching movies, and listening to music. But when I carry my phone alone, I want those capabilities too. And there's no phone in Verizon's lineup that can offer the package of features the Storm offers.
    01-16-09 06:33 PM

Kit does contain a torx wrench and we have added the much anticipated hacksaw. *business card not included*

Made me laugh too.
    01-16-09 06:41 PM
    LMFAO! Good one killer.
    01-16-09 06:49 PM
    That's sick! Where can I purchase this kit? Lol.

01-16-09 08:31 PM
    not flaming you so dont take it that way : ) but do you really feel like the build quality on the Storm is good? I couldnt get over the gaps, loose screen and plasticy feel to the whole thing. I know it's mostly made of plastic but it just feels cheap. I cant describe it. When you handle an iPhone it's "solid" it's got "real" weight to it (even though they are both comparable in weight) it's hard to explain. It just feels...........cheap. The whole device and the click screen seems like a toy. Like something that comes in a McDonalds kids meal.

It made me laugh when I went and used it actually. I was pretty disappointed because I actually really wanted it. Had cash in hand too.

Again Brian I'm not flaming you. I'm just curious what you feel is so great about the build.

Yeah the Curve is not the best looking but the thing just gets things done. It's like a primitive tool. It just works and it's simple.

*no I dont want an iPhone neither : ) I DO want that Palm Pre though. NICE DEVICE*
    01-16-09 08:31 PM
    I don't know CK, Maybe it is just a preference thing. I like it's weight and feel. I believe there is def. room for improvement on the hardware, but overall i feel mine is Solid. I have seen storms with huge screen gaps, and loose screens so i can't speak for everyone. And you are right about the curve. I am buying one as we speak, so i can have my two favorite phones on hand, then the Niagara of coarse in the coming months.. muhahaha
    01-16-09 08:36 PM
    That's sick! Where can I purchase this kit? Lol.

lets see what time is it?...........6:35pm (pacific time) they just went on sale 2 hours ago, hold on I'll call CS............................. they sold out already. They are on backorder.
    01-16-09 08:37 PM
    BTW cereal killer, I will be the first; if only (LOL) to say i've got much respect for you, so our arguments are not so much ******** but rather.. constructive lol
    01-16-09 08:38 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD