I am now nearing 72 hours without a phantom reset which is the longest period for me since 11/21. My trouble shooting involved a wipe, a replaced phone, then the battery, removing all apps, then another wipe.

Before my most recent wipe, I did a back up, then i RESTORED THE ADDRESS BOOK ONLY. After that, i waited 2 days, to verify, no phantom resets in that time, then yesterday, i added back Weatherbug and Talklock. Im going to omit Googlemaps (which i had on both phones) due to its lack of accuracy and file size.

I have never run an unofficial OS. I upgraded to .75 on my first phone, the second one came with .75. This problem followed my from 2 phones and 2 batteries. After my first wipe (on the first phone) I did a full restore, then upon receipt of my new phone, i also did a full restore. My problem finally subsided when I only restored my address book.
    01-16-09 07:06 AM
    I got these resets like the first day I received the phone but have not experienced them sence then. (About a month)
    01-16-09 07:36 AM
    oh, it was fun while it lasted...6 phantom resets yesterday alone
    01-22-09 01:34 PM
    oh, it was fun while it lasted...6 phantom resets yesterday alone
    Sorry to hear. Valiant effort though.
    01-22-09 01:36 PM
    my storm has never rebooted on its own. guess i'm a lucky one.

knock on wood
    01-22-09 01:51 PM
    my storm has never rebooted on its own. guess i'm a lucky one.

knock on wood
    what code are you on?
    01-22-09 01:54 PM
    mine stopped rebooting after i cleared the event log and used memory cleaning.
    01-22-09 02:00 PM
    I've never had a phantom reboot, but I've had a couple of AppError 523 resets.
    01-22-09 02:03 PM
    what code are you on?
    code?
    ----
    01-22-09 02:04 PM
    code?
    ----
    yes, what version of code are you running. .75 .85 .90?
    01-22-09 02:26 PM
    yes, what version of code are you running. .75 .85 .90?
    upgrading to .9 in the morning when I get my usb cable back
    01-22-09 10:44 PM
    I pulled my SIM card and haven't had any issues with reboots since.
    01-22-09 11:03 PM
    I am running .75 still on first phone from 12/16 and I have never had a phantom reboot. I have google maps,gmail, soft reset, and opera mini and never really had any problems. I must be lucky

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 02:38 AM
    I am running .75 still on first phone from 12/16 and I have never had a phantom reboot. I have google maps,gmail, soft reset, and opera mini and never really had any problems. I must be lucky

Famous last words... your phone will now reboot itself 7 times tomorrow.
    01-23-09 04:29 AM
    The key is to call in a rabbi and a priest before the restore. Worked 4 me...

01-23-09 06:07 AM
    I wish my phone would wait until I go to sleep to do a reboot. I guess that would be my daily battery pull if it did wait.

My thought is that it may have something to do with the grounding contacts that touch the back cover. It's almost like a small short circuit that makes the battery "disconnect".
    01-23-09 06:11 AM
    I haven't had a reboot since I turned off the LED
    01-23-09 07:54 AM
    talked to VZW on saturday and have ordered another replacement. Tuesday i should receive my 3rd storm. we'll see how long that one works for.

BTW jradaj- i pulled my SIM card weeks ago
    01-26-09 09:37 AM
    phantomS10, you turned off the LED for what, your phone calls?
    01-26-09 10:45 AM
    Yeah, this has happened to me a few times over the past week, but ZERO problems for the 1.5 months before that!!!
    It doesn't seem to be triggered by anything I'm doing, either.
    01-26-09 10:48 AM
    My original Storm spontaneously re-booted 6-8 times a day.

My replacement has not spontaneously re-booted once since I received in back in mid December. I really think that it is a hardware problem.

The new device is just better all around, with the exception that the screen is not as glossy as the original.
    01-26-09 10:55 AM
    Got my storm on Christmas Day. Installed weatherbug, Opera Mini, Facebook, Talk Lock, Google Maps and a bunch of launchers. Never updated my OS and am still running .75. I've never had a random reboot, my battery lasts 2 days and my app. memory hangs around 42. Oh, and it clicks good everywhere, no dust, minimal light gaps and very little screen wiggle. So I guess it's just a matter of luck and all the planets aligning when it rolls off the assembly line. Now my only fear is dropping it or losing it and having to get a replacement!
    01-26-09 11:07 AM
    My original Storm spontaneously re-booted 6-8 times a day.

My replacement has not spontaneously re-booted once since I received in back in mid December. I really think that it is a hardware problem.

The new device is just better all around, with the exception that the screen is not as glossy as the original.
    I hope you're right that this. Mine rebooted at least 20 times yesterday alone. I activated a replacement today, and already there are already a number of differences: screen reacts quicker to the accelerometer, screen actually clicks(!), buttons actually click(!), and audio doesn't clip in the phone call (and yes, I tried turning down the volume), and so far, the screen doesn't half-update, leaving half old screen/half new screen when I switch between screens. Wish me luck, but I'm really hoping the reboot is a hardware problem, not software. FYI, old "rebooty" was made in Mexico, replacement was made in Canada.
    01-30-09 02:56 PM
    The reboots are killing me....ugh!
    01-30-09 07:44 PM
    skeek when you returned the old phone for a new one did they give you a new in the box phone off the shelf or did they just replace the hand set?
    01-30-09 08:04 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD