just wanted to say hi to all those riding the curved edge rather than the storm. As title says 3 storms later and happy to be home on my curve...
    01-15-09 11:10 PM
    Welcome back.. Yay...!
    01-15-09 11:12 PM
    Welcome home... did you have VZW reset your upgrade date, and NE2 date?
    01-15-09 11:16 PM
    Welcome back, but why? Inquiring minds want to know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 11:21 PM
    not sure why should i do this?
    01-15-09 11:26 PM
    Welcome back, but why? Inquiring minds want to know.

3 devices later... first to hardware issues they were junk. see my post dust under screen. second had dead pixel and the white screens were tan and in video faces were orange. third was better build quality but software was a mess just annoying. back to something reliable
    01-15-09 11:28 PM
    I tried the Storm for a few weeks, and all the while kept thinking about how much I missed my Curve...how much easier things were on the Curve...etc. I tried REALLY hard to love the Storm, but the software glitches were just too much for me. Plus, I just couldn't get my typing up to speed on the Storm. The keyboard on the Curve is more compact and easier for me to use...my fingers fly on it! The keys on the Storm (in landscape mode) are more spread out, and I felt like I was stretching to reach across for certain keys.

Every day with the Storm, the memory leaks would cause the file free memory to decrease to a level where things didn't work properly. For example, I would have to click something 2 or 3 times for it to open, or it just wouldn't open at all and I would have to do a battery pull to reset it. With my Curve, I would pull the battery once a week just for general purposes...not even because it was acting up or anything. With the Storm I would have to pull the battery once, sometimes twice (or more) a DAY. This became VERY annoying to me, because it takes a while for it to reboot.

I sent my Storm back to Verizon, and reactivated my Curve. I love it more than EVER!!!!!

01-15-09 11:29 PM
    could not agree more i am back flying on my keyboard!!!! the difference is amazing
    01-15-09 11:31 PM
    Yay! Welcome back! The curve is amazing!

01-15-09 11:34 PM
    After my second one I decided to jump ship. So glad I switched back to my Curve.
    01-15-09 11:35 PM
    not sure why should i do this?
    If you used your upgrade to purchase the Storm, since you returned it, VZW might be willing to reset the contract date back to what it was previously, thereby preserving your earlier NE2 and upgrade eligibility date. You might have to ask them to do it, they might not have automatically reset your contract date.

If you purchased the Storm outright, with no contract extension, then this doesn't apply.
    01-15-09 11:35 PM
    If you used your upgrade to purchase the Storm, since you returned it, VZW might be willing to reset the contract date back to what it was previously, thereby preserving your earlier NE2 and upgrade eligibility date. You might have to ask them to do it, they might not have automatically reset your contract date.

If you purchased the Storm outright, with no contract extension, then this doesn't apply.
    cool thanks,
    01-15-09 11:36 PM
    i had trouble finding a curve to buy. Everyone seems to be jumping ship back to there bolds and curves. there were 12 on craigslist and all were sold. on ebay used they are fetching close to 200 and the values of storms keep dropping. i guess i am not the only one. nor does it appear i am the only one who tried multiple units CRAZY !!!!
    Last edited by bigbdz16; 01-15-09 at 11:43 PM.
    01-15-09 11:39 PM
    Welcome back maby one day the storm will be a good phone. But the curve is just a reliable device very solid phone. I have no desire to upgrade maby the 8900 when it comes to the cdma carriers. I just love my 8330

01-15-09 11:40 PM
    i would love a bold but dont want the networks they are on so i will stick with curve until that day. Although bold has wifi and you know how verizon feels about that could be a long time
    01-15-09 11:43 PM
    k have to admit i just tried to touch and click my curve screen... LOL
    01-15-09 11:46 PM
    should of gave it time....i thought the same at first...but the only thing i miss now is the keyboard....storms just fine ....takes a lil bit to get used to but after the updates i have no problem....just typing speed
    01-15-09 11:46 PM
    should of gave it time....i thought the same at first...but the only thing i miss now is the keyboard....storms just fine ....takes a lil bit to get used to but after the updates i have no problem....just typing speed
    got mine first day of release and had 3 with all the leaked OS's how much more do i have to "give it a try" i will never get used to a inferior product not my style
    01-15-09 11:49 PM
    just wanted to say hi to all those riding the curved edge rather than the storm. As title says 3 storms later and happy to be home on my curve...
    You're certainly not the first. Seems to be a common occurrence around here. I feel RIM let us down with this phone thus far. It obviously was not ready for release.
    01-16-09 12:06 AM
    You're certainly not the first. Seems to be a common occurrence around here. I feel RIM let us down with this phone thus far. It obviously was not ready for release.
    it is funny because not even the customer service reps will stick up for it. All you have to say is i have this problem and 2 days later a new problems shows up in the mail. funny
    01-16-09 12:08 AM
    Welcome back to the Curve generation.
    01-16-09 09:42 AM
    All about the curve baby.....

01-16-09 10:02 AM
    welcome back from the dark side hehe, I thought I really wanted a touch screen too. Tried the Instinct (icky) for a minute and realized I NEEDED a curve... I am so much happier now!
    01-16-09 10:05 AM
    i considered getting the storm before one of my co-workers let me test it out but i think the biggest obstacle for me was getting over the clickable keyboard...... now i owned a touchscreen winmo phone before my curve but i have never typed fasted on a keyboard than my curve.... but thanks for the insight this thread solidified my reasons for sticking with my good ole reliable curve...... one good thing i can say about the storm is my coworkers storm fell in water and he let it dry for a bit and besides a slightly noticable water stain behind the screen it still works. hopefully my curve will be as durable if something like that were to happen
    01-16-09 12:01 PM
    Welcome back! Did the same thing as you.. Won't be leaving my Curve again anytime soon.. Maybe one day Verizon will get the Curve 8900 but until then I'm sticking with my RELIABLE Curve 8330.. Bye all.. JK

01-16-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD