So, I've been getting all of these " Media Card Inserted " and Verizon death screens quite often lately. I decided to try this:

• Backup your media card (media manager and then just copy everything on blackberry2)
    • Format your media card (Options > Memory > BB button > Format > Media Card)
    • Battery Pull
    • Restore files to your media card (Just copy what you backed up back to blackberry2)
    • Battery Pull

I did the process and 5 battery pulls consecutively and had no issues with the screen of death or locking up. This is just my experience and no guarantee it'll work for you but seems to have done the trick for me. Hope this helps. =) Also my apologies if this has been posted already.

I'm on v4.7.0.86 By the way.
    01-15-09 09:50 PM
    So did you format it in the device on an earlier version of the OS, and found doing it on the latest version helped? Or had you never done it before and are just doing it for the first time?

I'm wondering because I formatted the card on OS .75 and don't know if it makes sense to do it again now.
    01-15-09 10:22 PM
    ive never formatted the card... whats the diff?
    01-15-09 10:36 PM
    since upgrading to .86 no problems with this....
    01-15-09 10:43 PM
    Same here...no issues so far, loving this new upgrade
    01-15-09 11:37 PM
    So did you format it in the device on an earlier version of the OS, and found doing it on the latest version helped? Or had you never done it before and are just doing it for the first time?

I'm wondering because I formatted the card on OS .75 and don't know if it makes sense to do it again now.
    Formatted it in .86
    01-15-09 11:40 PM
    Do you do a lot of battery pulls? I use BBM and it cause the phone to hang so I end up pulling and used to get about 50% lockups on reboot. Now I'm not having any issues.

There isn't a fix out for the BBM lockup that anyone knows of is there? =\
    01-15-09 11:42 PM
    .86 seems to have helped me, PLUS I moved my wallpaper from media card to system storage.
    01-16-09 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD