Just checked viigo and @ blackberrycool.com there is a link for the new Bolt browser for blackberry, has anyone gotten in on this? BerryReview also has 500 downloads available..
    Last edited by dsquig; 01-16-09 at 07:36 AM.
    01-15-09 07:18 PM
    Looks like it's closed beta and you have to apply:

Bolt Browser
    01-15-09 07:39 PM
    Just signed up. We'll see.
    01-15-09 07:58 PM
    Bbcool and techcrunch had posts about this along with referral codes to use to get invite. Hope I was one of the lucky ones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 08:00 PM
    I wonder how good will the browser be for BlackBerry once it's released?

01-15-09 08:01 PM
    01-15-09 08:16 PM
    We'll see if it works on a Storm. Just applied!
    01-15-09 08:52 PM
    I applied. Hopefully I get in.

01-15-09 09:16 PM
    Just applied, hope it get it!

Been using Skyfire on a Nokia, its awesome, i just hope Bolt is as good on the BB!
    01-16-09 02:37 AM
    Well i applied twice, once using the crackberry invite and once using the berrycool invite, i hope i get it for my Bold, running on T-Mobile
    01-16-09 04:24 AM
    I applied using CrackBerry invite...
    01-16-09 04:46 AM
    I applied through here-hopefully I will get the word soon (fingers crossed)....
    01-16-09 04:47 AM
    I signed up .... Hope the UK networks are included.

01-16-09 05:02 AM
    I applied and got my link.
    I am trying it out now on a Storm. First noticeable improvement is the speed that you can get around the page...it moves very quickly with a finger drag. It operates more like the Opera mini though in the sense that you don't actually click the screen you just tap on it to activate the link. I have not found how to zoom in yet...Im a noob to this application and the Blackberry in general.

and to go a bit further...it just locked the whole thing up and doing a battery pull now.
    Last edited by beefybudatl; 01-16-09 at 08:29 AM.
    01-16-09 08:22 AM
    I've been using it for a few hours now, I applied yesterday took about 12 hours for me to get a code...

Anyway, it's very fast. A little buggy, the track ball can be hard to use at times. It's like a hybrid of the bb browser and opera in terms of functionality. I have a few pet peeves already, you can't use the back button to move backwards, you have to menu>back which is a little annoying. The page rendering on my 8330 can be slow when fast scrolling through pages.

But hey, it's still in closed beta. It has the potential to be awesome, it already is much faster than both Opera (even when using socket mode) and the native browser IMO.
    01-16-09 09:21 AM
    i'm unable to load it on my bb curve. It fails with all verisons they sent me on their link. I dont know why but I sent them an e-mail
    01-16-09 12:32 PM
    I got my email from bolt ,,looks great ,only hang up i have found is that the trackball does not move like it should I will keep messing with it ,,and get back to ya
    01-16-09 12:50 PM
    Folks if you signed up this morning and didn't get a link, go back to the Bolt site and do it again. I never got a link after signing up at 4am but I just tried again and the link followed seconds later.

Also, this is very important: do not click any of the links. COPY the UNSIGNED version link into your browser and go from there. DO NOT CLICK THE LINK. It will screw you up. Again also, BlackBerries require the UNSIGNED version, so make sure and copy the right link.

Hope this helps!
    01-16-09 03:50 PM
    Folks if you signed up this morning and didn't get a link, go back to the Bolt site and do it again. I never got a link after signing up at 4am but I just tried again and the link followed seconds later.

Also, this is very important: do not click any of the links. COPY the UNSIGNED version link into your browser and go from there. DO NOT CLICK THE LINK. It will screw you up. Again also, BlackBerries require the UNSIGNED version, so make sure and copy the right link.

Hope this helps!
    Ohhh so this is what i was doing wrong, i was clicking the link and going from there but what you have to do is copy and paste, thanks a mill bud
    01-16-09 05:44 PM
    Ohhh so this is what i was doing wrong, i was clicking the link and going from there but what you have to do is copy and paste, thanks a mill bud
    I read about your issue and I'm not sure that will fix it for you. Yours sounds like a settings issue or something.

Have you tried a battery pull? It's hard for me to help because my girlfriend has my Pearl right now and I'm using a Bold so I can't trouble shoot with you. But try a battery pull first then try Bolt. If it doesn't work, try copying and pasting the link.
    01-16-09 05:50 PM
    I read about your issue and I'm not sure that will fix it for you. Yours sounds like a settings issue or something.

Have you tried a battery pull? It's hard for me to help because my girlfriend has my Pearl right now and I'm using a Bold so I can't trouble shoot with you. But try a battery pull first then try Bolt. If it doesn't work, try copying and pasting the link.
    Thanks for the help and I tried all that you suggested, but it just won't work for me, still getting the same error messege, but thanks anyway
    01-16-09 08:01 PM
    Thanks for the help and I tried all that you suggested, but it just won't work for me, still getting the same error messege, but thanks anyway
    I'm sorry man.

the only thing I know to tell you is that every time you try a link and it doesn't work, you'll need to get a fresh one to try again. You don't want to be wasting your time trying links that are now disabled.

Hope you get it figured out man. Somebody will be along eventually to help out.
    01-16-09 08:14 PM
    it says in your profile thing that you have an 8100 too, did you get it to work on that? if you did...how...
    01-16-09 09:36 PM
    it says in your profile thing that you have an 8100 too, did you get it to work on that? if you did...how...
    My girlfriend has my Pearl. She is out of town right now which is why I'm spending all this time at CrackBerry the last 24 hours.
    01-16-09 09:39 PM
    Scrolling speed and control (especially on the trackball) is an issue that is dependent upon the device. *As this is an area that we would like improve on in our next releases, please let us know if you are having any scrolling issues and which Blackberry device you are using. *Also, if you were lucky enough to be part of the first wave of adopters, you may see some improvement in scrolling if you download a new release at Bolt Browser - Download URL. We did make some improvements based on initial comments received during the first day of launch. *We also have faster scrolling using 2 -up, 8-down, 4 -left and 6-right as these keys are not device dependent.
    Thanks,
    BOLT Beta Support Team at Bitstream
    [email protected]

I've been using it for a few hours now, I applied yesterday took about 12 hours for me to get a code...

Anyway, it's very fast. A little buggy, the track ball can be hard to use at times. It's like a hybrid of the bb browser and opera in terms of functionality. I have a few pet peeves already, you can't use the back button to move backwards, you have to menu>back which is a little annoying. The page rendering on my 8330 can be slow when fast scrolling through pages.

But hey, it's still in closed beta. It has the potential to be awesome, it already is much faster than both Opera (even when using socket mode) and the native browser IMO.
    01-19-09 02:17 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD