Normally after a quick pull or battery I normally have 13-14 mb of free memory. Today I noticed that me memory dropped to 0.

I immediately did a battery pull and I only got 9 mb back. I cleared my cache, history, my log, and did a memory clean. I did 3 quick pulls and can't get above 9 mb. I have not added anything lately. I have a memory card and nothing on device memory.

Has anyone heard of this? Any one have any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 05:23 PM
    I lost quite a bit of memory as well. I plugged my BlackBerry into Desktop Manager and used Media Manager to search through the internal memory folders. I was able to find files that were sent to me as attachments. After deleting those files, I gained 7 MB.
    01-15-09 05:32 PM
    I will have to try that. What files did you look in?

01-15-09 05:40 PM
    I do this to assist with memory gain

ALT + LGLG and clear that log

SMS > Options > View Folder > SMS outbox > clear that.
    01-15-09 06:07 PM
    I don't have any SMS. I don't text. I did clear the lglg log. What I find odd, since I have been using my BB tonight, my memory has come up about 1.5 mb. I am even more confused.

01-15-09 06:23 PM
    Now I have gained over 2 mb. I guess I just need to use it more.

01-15-09 06:28 PM
    I found a FlyCast folder with contents inside. I deleted FlyCast a while back. I guess the folder and contents remained. I also found 2 email attachments I tried dowloading from my Email account using my browser. The files never downloaded completely. I ended up with 2 half finished files in my internal memory. I was able to delete them both.
    01-15-09 06:29 PM
    D, tell me you're not running Facebook are ya buddy?
    01-15-09 06:37 PM
    No facebook, no myspace. I know better than that.

This is what I have had FOREVER:
    Pocket Informant BB
    Weather Eye
    CB
    ESPN
    BBMaps
    VibandRing
    QuickPull
    Opera Mini
    Aerize Alerts
    Capture It
    BB NotePad
    CB app store
    Bubble Popper
    PayPal
    You tube
    Sudoku
    Flickr
    Docs 2 Go
    WeatherBug
    1 theme

01-15-09 06:46 PM
    Go to media>options. Is your reserved picture memory set to zero? If not set it to that and that's 2mg right there. Docs2go takes up 2mg though. This is a tricky one my friend...
    01-15-09 06:51 PM
    Is it safe to say that you already have your camera and video set to save to your SDcard and not internal memory?
    01-15-09 06:55 PM
    Set to 0 and device memory limit set to 5. I need Docs2Go. I keep my resume on my BB and have to do some minutes for the committee I chair.

01-15-09 06:57 PM
    Keep an eye on it and let us know D...
    01-15-09 07:01 PM
    I want to see where this goes I hav somewhat the same problem.
    01-15-09 07:05 PM
    I am so so confused. It is up to 12 now.

01-15-09 07:21 PM
    if i understand it right your blackberry is made so it will recover memory on its on thats the way that the ram memory works.
    01-15-09 10:56 PM
    I realize that, but nothing is being deleted and a battery pull is not recovering anything.

01-15-09 10:58 PM
    I want to see where this goes I hav somewhat the same problem.
    you shouldn't be having low memory on your 8330 it has 96mb. if it is low do a battery pull while the phone is powered on. also clean up browser history / cahe / call log / hold down alt and type lg lg and clear that out. delete any old messages that you don't need to save.
    01-15-09 11:06 PM
    I realize that, but nothing is being deleted and a battery pull is not recovering anything.

have you clean out the browser history / cahe / alt + lg lg ?
    01-15-09 11:11 PM
    It's odd, mine was suually up over 17MB with a slow trickle of a leak that I would fix by a reboot every couple of days. All of a sudden it was down below 9MB and after clearing all the usual suspects and rebooting it only came back up to 14-15MB or so. I deleted a couple of games I wasn't using, then thought maybe the "Where" app I just installed was doing it, so I nuked that too. Still not where I'm used to seeing it. I'm wondering whether some odd attachment download went to the wrong memory as a poster mentioned upstream, or is this the beginning of my facebook app showing its ugly side as warned? Next step is to nuke facebook and see how big a change that delivers.
    01-16-09 06:20 AM
    have you clean out the browser history / cahe / alt + lg lg ?
    Multiple times and immediately after the battery pull.

It is back to 10 after a reboot.

01-16-09 09:44 AM
    Memory is the life blood of a BlackBerry.

Use Media / Explore to review your device memory. If you find images in the Picture directory, move them to the media card.

Messages with attachments can consume huge amounts of memory. If you receive a message, you can View or Download. Viewing places the attachment in memory, perhaps a couple Mb worth. Save the keepers to the media card, use Delete Prior ... to remove accumulated messages.

You have a substantial number of installed programs. Options / Status / Database sizes shows all of data used by your applications. The total size of all Databases is shown at the top, with individual databases listing both number of records and size. Excessive size may indicate an area to explore.

01-16-09 10:36 AM
    I especially like the attachment view and the database size tips, thank you! I did not know any of that.
    01-16-09 10:39 AM
    Case solved. My content store was bloated. I did a backup and then went to advanced. I cleared my content store and did a quick pull. My free memory went from 9 to 15.6. Now I get to add weather bug back.

Thanks everyone.

01-16-09 11:20 AM
    I'm having a similar problem. I unloaded everything I didn't need, deleted Facebook, reloaded 4.5.110 and my memory was holding steady between 17 and 19. Now its between 13 and 15 and I haven't installed anything...I clear everything regularly. I'm starting to wonder if this OS upgrade is causing my memory to leak...

01-16-09 11:22 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD