Looking for a good pair of bluetooth headphones stereo for the gym. So basically wear them 1.5 hours a day only and don't care about cancelling outside noise much since well, I rarely take calls when working out anyway. Care more about sound quality, bass reproduction and comfort level. Suggestions? Motorola has the SD9HD's, Jawbone 2 is also mentioned a lot. Jabra I find little info on. All comments appreciated!
    01-15-09 12:40 PM
    Anyone? Opinions?
    01-18-09 07:15 AM
    I have the older S9's and they generally work fine in the gym. I've read others say that they 'sweated them to death'

The other issue is that for some reason OUTDOORS, they seem to cut-out unless carefully located in relation to the BB. I don't know why outdoors has this result when carrying them in the same position in the gym does not result in dropouts.

Also, some people do not like the rigid band style wrapping around the head and into the ears. I find them comfortable.
    01-18-09 10:29 AM
    Thank you F2! I appreciate it. Was looking at the otehr stereo headphones thread as well. Just needing opinions. I'm not a big fan of the rigid band around the head simply because it seems bulky.
    01-20-09 07:14 AM
    I don't find the band all that problematic. When walking/driving to the gym I just drop it to around my neck (high tech necklace!). It does make it so you cannot "collapse" them like a wired setup. Also I don't have to worry about individual plugs popping out of my ears or snagging even a small wire on gym equipment.

I preferred them to the larger earmuff style of another brand I tried and returned - larger.

But definitely make sure you can return them if you don't like them.

I got the older NON-hd pair.
    01-20-09 09:20 AM
    Just got a pair of S9s for using in the gym with the Curve. Unfortunately, up till now I've not figured out how to get good sound from the headphones while paired with the Curve. They sound fine when paired to my computer, but with the Curve there is a good deal of distortion/noise/static. Kind of disappointing!

Lots of people have raved about them, though, so maybe buying another pair or using a different Curve would do the trick.
    03-17-09 04:11 PM
    I have a Curve 8330, and got a pair of the S9's, and the sound is super great!!!
    03-17-09 09:37 PM
    Look into the jabra bt3030
    I have heard great things about them
    A guy at the sprint store had a pair and they looked sweet and discreet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 01:15 AM
    The best solution is here: mi-sportmp3. com
    The mp3 is built in so it`s self contained and you can put music directly onto the headphones. Fully waterproof. Voice navigation gives you a luxury ride through albums/playlists, individual tracks and rew or FF within a track. This is so much better than the usual one track at a time offered by standard bluetooth headphones, but you still stay connected to your phone via the bluetooth to take a call.
    A level above.
    08-11-10 11:40 PM
    It is dated 2009 and says coming soon. Is it actually a released product?
    08-12-10 12:23 AM
    I believe they are for general release at the end of 2010 but some samples have sneaked out early Where did it say 2009?

I saw your previous post said you wondered why there is drop out outside. It`s because there are no walls close by for the signal to bounce back from outside. It`s lost a lot more easily. Apparently the Mi-Sport has extra sensitivity built in to compensate for this, although if the music is on the headphones themselves it doesn`t matter for that anyway I guess.
    08-12-10 09:51 AM
    Blumax Bluetooth Stereo headset - clip is my choice...
    08-12-10 12:43 PM
    I have the older S9's and they generally work fine in the gym. I've read others say that they 'sweated them to death'

The other issue is that for some reason OUTDOORS, they seem to cut-out unless carefully located in relation to the BB. I don't know why outdoors has this result when carrying them in the same position in the gym does not result in dropouts.

Also, some people do not like the rigid band style wrapping around the head and into the ears. I find them comfortable.
    I thought I was going nuts. I've had the same problem with 3 different brands of bluetooth headphones.

I found that keeping the blackberry in my back pocket works best; kinda like a straight shot at the back of the headphones.
    09-08-10 08:42 PM
    Yup. Very location dependent.
    09-23-10 07:52 PM
    My S9-HDs work and sound great with a BlackBerry 8900. I find them relatively comfortable. Probably the most comfortable I have used so far.
    10-18-10 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD