From my Nextel Business Rep (has been reliable with his info in the past), they are putting out a software update on January 27th. He says that it is meant to resolve most of the issues we are all having, although he is not sure about the texting issues.

Take it for what it's worth. Like I said he's been pretty reliable in the past.
    01-15-09 10:32 AM
    but they will allso tell you what you want to hear to keep you happy
    01-15-09 10:33 AM
    by chance, will it fix the issue of shutting down by itself, then we have to take the battery out and put it back in for it to come on. also after plugging in over night you hav e to do the same thing.
    01-15-09 10:35 AM
    my main issue is the texting!
    01-15-09 10:36 AM
    Any more specific info about what the upgrade will fix and add would be great as soon as you get the info. Thanks for the update!.
    01-15-09 10:47 AM
    My main issue is texting as well. I received my replacement phone yesterday and upon doing a power cycle, guess what.......that's right, no text messaging without doing the sacred text messaging ritual for the 8350i. I'm beginning to believe that those without texting problems have not power cycled their phones a couple of times and then tried receiving text messages.
    01-15-09 11:15 AM
    I haven't had any texting issues since I installed the OS that is listed on the sticky. I know it's the same version numbers and all that and the only thing I can see that it did was remove the "bug report" option but texting has been a non issue for me since I upgraded. I've power cycled numerous times after installing and uninstalling 3rd party apps and texting still works for me.
    01-15-09 11:30 AM
    He didn't go into much detail, just said that it will address the problems that people are having.

To be honest, my texting seems to be ok. I've cycled quite a bit, and from what i can tell have little problems with it. It's actually better than my 7100i was.

My big problem is losing direct conect numbers when I power cycle.

Having the worlds first push-to-talk BB, you gotta expect some issues. I'm just glad to see they are listening and working on it.
    01-15-09 02:34 PM
    I got my replacement on 12/24 and have only shut it off maybe three times. Not bad on texting but I'm too scared to turn it off too many times when I got a good thing going. Just doing soft resets with quickpull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 06:55 PM
    I have powered my 8350i more than 10 times with no issues. Try doing a master radio reset options/security options/general options or registering the items in the Host Routing Table in Advanced Options.
    01-16-09 10:42 AM
    can some 1 pull out there mms service books?
    01-16-09 10:45 AM
    hope that leaves themes with a new window!
    i love to customize everything and i'm madly insane over my themes
    thats my main issue. that and bluetooth!
    01-16-09 10:21 PM
    I've been calling Tech Support every week or so to ask about a permanent fix to the MMS problem. I just hung up with them and was told they expect to have it fixed by 1 February. He told me to keep my ears open but one contact method would be a mass email. This particular rep wasn't among the most knowledgable though. He claimed there was no way for them to extend the amount of time the phone would ring before going to voicemail. I know this is possible as a previous rep supposedly took care of it for me.

I have noticed that some of the reps i've spoken to have been much better than others. One in particular, name was Rachel has gone as far as calling me back a few times with updates.
    01-18-09 10:51 AM
    Living in South TX, MMS just started working this morning for me. Don't know why though. I can respond and receive. It probably is some sort of network issue, so I'm not understanding what the software update is going to do.
    01-18-09 11:15 AM
    Well I'm trying to figure this one out , Did you get a update from sprint or Did you do something to get around the proxy's to get this to work ,
    01-18-09 11:21 AM
    Didn't do anything. It just started working. Like I said, I think it some sort of intermittent network issue. I'm getting everyone of them now. We'll give it a couple of hours though, see if it sticks. I think I'm going to make another thread in regards to this to organize thoughts and updates. People are really confused and frustrated and I understand why. I work for Sprint so I may be able to get some better answers if I dig.
    01-18-09 11:32 AM
    it happened to me once now but all i need was to turn my radio reset. i test it with messages to myself first and its almost instant
    01-18-09 05:18 PM
    I've been calling Tech Support every week or so to ask about a permanent fix to the MMS problem. I just hung up with them and was told they expect to have it fixed by 1 February. He told me to keep my ears open but one contact method would be a mass email. This particular rep wasn't among the most knowledgable though. He claimed there was no way for them to extend the amount of time the phone would ring before going to voicemail. I know this is possible as a previous rep supposedly took care of it for me.

I have noticed that some of the reps i've spoken to have been much better than others. One in particular, name was Rachel has gone as far as calling me back a few times with updates.

Yes, the ring time can be extended by 15 seconds. I called Friday night and had mine extended because most of my calls were going to voicemail before I could answer them. The first rep acted like I was an *****. When I called tech support the second time they were able to help me. It made a huge difference in that issue. Now if they would just fix MMS.
    01-18-09 11:02 PM
    Well, Jan 27th and no update. Left my guy a message to see what the lastest news is. I'll keep you posted.
    01-27-09 08:21 AM
    FWIW, I am no longer having problems with the texting. I have been testing it since Saturday on sprint.com, as well as texts from friends. Everything has been received in a timely fashion with no batery pulls, turn network off then back on, or any of that mumbo jumbo. I did have the text problem that everyone has suffered through up untitl then. Any chance this was repaired over the air, or it really wasn't a RIM issue, but a Network issue?
    01-27-09 09:53 AM
    Ihughes514 I don't think the text issue is fixed yet. I had a couple of friends text me as well as my girlfriend, all from different carriers, and still nothing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 11:16 AM
    has anyone had the issue with when you text someone on another carrier they get double text and when they text you it comes in twice?
    01-27-09 11:49 AM
    i just went to DM, Application loader, Update software.

i have two updates?

V4.6.1.83 that says current. no check mark.
    V4.6.1.112 that says preferred. with a check mark.

i signed up for email notifications, and just got 2.

so i am going with the preferred update.
    01-27-09 01:22 PM
    I just got two emails stating the same thing, have top wait until tonight to see what it is.
    01-27-09 01:27 PM
    has anyone had the issue with when you text someone on another carrier they get double text and when they text you it comes in twice?
    Happens to me randomly sometimes, just a flaw in the system somewhere I suppose
    01-27-09 01:37 PM
249 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD