I was in the office a few days ago with my phone on vibrate and it started ringing during a conversation with my boss. The bad part was it was my girl and it was a ring tone not a regular ring. Just a warning to everyone who doesn't want there phone goin off in a meeting or whatever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 06:17 PM
    Do you have the sounds set to LOUD?
    I've discovered that had created alot of my problems. Now that it's off of LOUD, problems gone.
    01-14-09 06:33 PM
    Was it a ringtone for that contact only? I noticed that on Vibrate Only it would ring when I had a custom ringtone for the contact that called me so I got rid of all my contact specific ringtones and it works now... I wish I could still have them though, but can't have it going off in school
    01-14-09 06:41 PM
    You can still have custom ring tones for people and not have them go off and embarrass you at work or in class. Go into your sound profiles and scroll to the bottom and select "custom profiles". Once in there create a custom sound profile with the phone set to silent or vibrate whichever your preference. Then make sure each contact who has a custom ringer has its phone volume set to active profile. This will ensure that when your phone is set to the custom profile no ringers will go off!! hope this helps!
    01-14-09 07:38 PM
    haha its all right, i've had worse. custom ringtone for my friend went off one day in class while my phone was in vibrate..."hiiigh as a mother******" isnt exactly the perfect line to have a ringtone go off too while in school. haha.
    01-14-09 07:53 PM
    I made a custom profile and just set the volume to silent for all alerts and turned on vibrate, that worked. Thanks for the replies.

01-14-09 08:57 PM
    The .86 update fixes this issue.
    01-14-09 10:04 PM
    The .86 update fixes this issue.
    Does it? How so? Please elaborate.
    01-15-09 01:54 AM
    The issue with custom ringtones playing regardless of profile seems to have been a bug (we all know it's a nuisance, at best). In .86, the active profile applies to custom ringtones as well. My wife has a custom ringtone: "Rock You Like a Hurricane" (she went to the University of Miami) - before updating to .86, whenever she would call me at work, the ringtone would play, even with the phone on vibrate (on silent, nothing would play, thankfully). After I updated to .86, that ceased to be a problem.
    01-15-09 06:50 AM
    I had the same problem. What I did was wipe the phone from the phone itself under security settings ( not using JL_Cmdr ) and all was fine. Reset the phone settings and reloded my task, notes, browser bookmarks etc and was up and running again. I actually made a custom profile after all of this and made sure the sound was off and only vibrate was on.

good luck
    Last edited by tsman99; 01-15-09 at 07:53 AM.
    01-15-09 07:50 AM
    no matter what I try I can't get the e-mails, textx, and ringer to be on vibrate at the same time.....??
    01-13-10 09:54 AM
    I had the same sort of thing happen. It was actually happening with my email alerts in my " Vibrate" profile. When I first set the ringtone I did so under the "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" option at the bottom of the Profile selection screen. I was able to fix the issue under "Edit Profiles". I selected "Vibrate Only" and set the volume to silent.

I hope this helps.
    01-13-10 10:04 AM
    I had the same problem until I upgraded my OS to 5.0 and that took care of my problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at waistcoated

01-13-10 01:16 PM
    I had the same sort of thing happen. It was actually happening with my email alerts in my " Vibrate" profile. When I first set the ringtone I did so under the "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" option at the bottom of the Profile selection screen. I was able to fix the issue under "Edit Profiles". I selected "Vibrate Only" and set the volume to silent.

I hope this helps.

Thanks it did help, I finally stopped the ringing it was driving me crazy trying to figure out how!
    02-22-10 08:52 PM
    mine never did this b4..mayb bcuz i never use the custom one
    02-22-10 09:13 PM
    I just found this to be a problem until I did the following:
    1. Go to Options on home screen
    2. Go to Sounds and Ring Tones
    3. Click Phone Ring Tone
    4. Under Ring tone be sure the Volume is set to Silent

I hope this helps anyone else out there as I struggled for over an hour.
    07-26-11 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD