Let me preface this post by saying, when it comes to applying these things (screen protectors) i am a complete ******. so basically when i bought my storm, even though i knew they weren't the best standard screen protectors, i decided to buy the ones at the verizon store.

Attempt 1: NO GOOD, tried taking it off, crumpled the corners (2 left)

Attempt 2: NICE, BUT NO CIGAR, tried taking it off, crumpled the corners again (one more left)

Attempt 3: PERFECT, i was on my high and mighty throne after applying this bad boy on there, i felt immortal, but nonetheless for some reason by some stroke of luck, it was put on beautifully, pushed out the bubbles.

thank god for 3rd time is a charm.
    01-13-09 12:31 PM
    lol... I used 2 with my last storm.
    01-13-09 12:36 PM
    i wonder if they give you 3 purposely for all the replacements....OHHH SNAP
    01-13-09 12:41 PM
    I never liked using screen protectors with a sticky underside nor will I ever. I always get Clarivue screen protectors because it uses static to cling. If there is ever a dust or particle that gets trapped while I am applying it, I just lift up with a scotch tape and use another to grab the particle and lay it back down (never lift it completely..only the side that has the particle. If there is particle near a different corner, work on that side once you have one side done). it comes with 2 for $10 but I never have to use the second one. I always end up including it when I end up selling the phone. When I apply it, its flawless and doesnt look like its on.

With the ones that has a sticky side, once something gets stuck, you cant take it off. You either throw it away or live with it. Since I'm a perfectionist when it comes to things like this, I want it perfect.
    01-13-09 12:42 PM
    Mine just got really dusty before I even out them on. They suck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 12:49 PM
    I guess you can say that I am a pro. Lol I bought the 3 pack from vzw and attempted to put my first one on last week. PERFECTO! So far the screen protected hasn't scratched at all.

01-13-09 12:54 PM
    Took me three tries as well. I went out and purchased another set of 3 just so I have extras in the future. I really like the VZW screen protectors. Does not degrade screen quality at all.
    01-13-09 12:55 PM
    Mine just got really dusty before I even out them on. They suck.

Best thing to do is to turn on the hot water in the bathroom, close the door and let it get steamy. This will make all the dust settle down. Once its steamy, go in the bathroom with your phone and screen protector and apply it. There should be no dust or very very minimal.
    01-13-09 12:55 PM
    Took me three tries as well. I went out and purchased another set of 3 just so I have extras in the future. I really like the VZW screen protectors. Does not degrade screen quality at all.
    bingo, you can't even tell its there let alone i actually think it intensifies the brightness of the screen.
    01-13-09 01:02 PM
    Best thing to do is to turn on the hot water in the bathroom, close the door and let it get steamy. This will make all the dust settle down. Once its steamy, go in the bathroom with your phone and screen protector and apply it. There should be no dust or very very minimal.
    This is what I did. Works perfectly. You can't even tell that I have a screen protector on my Storm. BTW: I am using the Verizon branded protectors.
    01-13-09 01:13 PM
    This is what I did. Works perfectly. You can't even tell that I have a screen protector on my Storm. BTW: I am using the Verizon branded protectors.
    i would be worried about getting my storm wet
    01-13-09 01:59 PM
    Screen protectors are a waste of money in my mind. I haven't used one on any storm I've had.
    01-13-09 02:05 PM
    LOL, had to do the same thing with my protectors.
    01-13-09 02:09 PM
    I found that if you go into a bathroom, turn on a hot shower and allow the room to fill with steam, this removes dust and static electricity from the air, then wait for most of the steam to clear the air before taking your phone in and apply the protector by lining it up on top of the screen before removing the backing. Next, while holding the bottom of the protector down against the scree, peel back a few millimeters of the top of the backing and apply about 1mm of the protector to the screen. The use the screen cleaning cloth that came with the protector (or use a sock or t-shirt) and wrap that tightly around your index finger to provider padding between your finger and screen and slowly swipe your finger from side to side pushing down on the part of the protector that is in contact with the screen. This will cause friction and heat up the glue on the protector and all the air bubbles will be pushed out. While going side to side, start to slowly apply 1-2mm of the protector at a time while keeping the bottom pushed down. By the time you're about 1/2 down the protector (should take a couple minutes to get there) you can stop holding the bottom and just keep going side-to-side while moving your finger down the unapplied part of the screen since the backing will remove itself naturally.
    01-13-09 02:11 PM
    The Verizon Rep at the store put mine on. She was a pro.. Definitely not her first time! She also put the SP on my gfs Voyager!
    01-13-09 02:16 PM
    The Verizon Rep put mine on as well. I know I'm a butterfingers when it comes to screen protectors so I always ask that Verizon reps put them on. They put them on for my voyager as well. I think if the Verizon employee screws it up then they'll just get you another packet. The rep who put mine on did it in about 10 minutes or so using a very meticulous process.
    I know that when it's time to replace the screen protector I'll definitely be returning to the Verizon store.
    01-13-09 02:23 PM
    I guess you can say that I am a pro. Lol I bought the 3 pack from vzw and attempted to put my first one on last week. PERFECTO! So far the screen protected hasn't scratched at all.

I'm with ya bigdawg, I have no problems with them. The OP did say he was a ****** though. Ha Ha.
    01-13-09 02:27 PM
    Protectors=Useless!!!!

Storm Screen is unblemishable!

Save your money!
    01-13-09 02:31 PM
    The Verizon Rep put mine on as well. I know I'm a butterfingers when it comes to screen protectors so I always ask that Verizon reps put them on. They put them on for my voyager as well. I think if the Verizon employee screws it up then they'll just get you another packet. The rep who put mine on did it in about 10 minutes or so using a very meticulous process.
    I know that when it's time to replace the screen protector I'll definitely be returning to the Verizon store.
    There is no meticulous process. Verizon employees can just slap it on and there can be dust under it and they wouldnt care cuz its not their phone nor is it their real job to apply it. They're just helping you just like if they were to open the door for you.

I'll do it myself and know that its done to my liking instead of giving it to a monkey. I'll let them handle the sales, requesting replacements and transferring my contacts.
    01-13-09 02:40 PM
    I'm with ya bigdawg, I have no problems with them. The OP did say he was a ****** though. Ha Ha.
    [img]http://madeinhead.org/anism/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/super-******.JPG[/img]
    01-13-09 02:43 PM
    i got the second one on ok.....not as good as i'd like, but good enough.
    01-13-09 02:51 PM
    that picture is to much LMAO...
    01-13-09 02:56 PM
    I am the worst. I went through four screen protectors before I realized that each one is actually three pieces. Then I still screwed up the last two of the second pack. On the third pack it took me two more tries to get it right without leaving too much overhang on one side.

So now I have one left unused and seven in the trash. The one I have left I keep in my laptop bag and I give that mother effer a dirty look every time I see it.
    01-13-09 03:03 PM
    I bet people use their bare fingers to apply? Its best to use scotch tape. One piece on one corner and another piece on another corner (opposite and diagonal). This would be your "handles"
    01-13-09 03:11 PM
    Just bought my set of 3 from the Verizon store. I scratched up the first one while applying. Was gonna take it off, but I looked at the second and third ones and they already had blemishes on it! Do they reuse these things?

I'm thinking of just not using anything.
    01-13-09 03:30 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD