• $3.00

27 19.29%
  • $2.00

44 31.43%
  • Free

69 49.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Hello Fellow Cracberry Addicts,

I wanted to get your feedback on Theme Pricing and what is a reasonable price??

$7.00
    $5.00
    $3.00
    $2.00

And if you believe there shouldn't be any fee just select none.

Thank you for your time.

By the way all My Themes are $2/each for the next 2 weeks
    01-13-09 12:20 PM
    is there supposed to be a poll attached?
    Personally, I think $0-2 should be a decent range for themes, depending on how much work you had to put in to the images for the theme (make your own image, or just downloaded one from internet to put in)
    01-13-09 12:24 PM
    $2 at the most. But I can make my own and duplicate any theme and my own personal touch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 12:31 PM
    $2.00 sounds great to me..more like a steal :P
    01-13-09 03:05 PM
    If they are good themes... $6.00
    01-13-09 03:25 PM
    The only reason why I don't believe in paying for themes is because I know that I change phones from time to time and you can't transfer the paid ones over....but that's just me
    01-13-09 03:30 PM
    I think 2 or 3 are reasonable enough for me.
    01-14-09 06:15 PM
    You guys have obviously never tried making a theme. The quality greatly varies and some are not worth a buck. But some of these new high resolution and animated themes are hot and hard work. I think Tom's 8900 Replica theme was worth $10 all day.
    01-14-09 06:20 PM
    Man, you guys are cheap. I can't believe 55% say Free?!?
    01-14-09 08:47 PM
    Man, you guys are cheap. I can't believe 55% say Free?!?
    I can believe it, but I am sad that was the case. I voted.
    01-14-09 08:51 PM
    It depends on the skill of the designer and the end product. Some themes should be...free. Some should be $7.
    01-14-09 09:36 PM
    I change themes a lot as I like to try out new themes as I see them to see if I like how they look and how I can navigate through the different styles. I won't pay more than a couple bucks for this reason and think that 5 dollars or more for a theme is a ripoff. Even the very best themes will still sell better at a lower price as well because I am sure there are other people that are the same way.
    01-16-09 12:25 PM
    I voted free, but thats cause I can't afford it right now lol. Anyways I think some of these themes are truly deserving of up to $10 because of the time used.

Mind you, I made my own theme, took me an hour, and it looks like crap, so I can truly appricieate the enterpenuers on here.
    01-16-09 01:07 PM
    I agree on free ones should be free and paid ones should be at least original icons, ideas or things most people dont have or cant do. I think there is a reason why some themers charges $7 for it.. and the way I was taught was.. what you get is usually what you PAID for it. So for $7 I would expect something a Free or $2 theme cant do. Its plain and simple, its kinda like that new Cipher theme from gadgetbean that I saw.. I dont see anyone thats charging $2 $5 or even $7 or FREE that can do what his themes can do.. That to me deserves my $7 easy. So I think this topic is kinda pointless in a way.. we always knows that there are always gonna be cheap people on this earth but there are also gonna be people that will pay a premium for a nicer item. Thats why there are bmws and hyundais
    01-16-09 03:11 PM
    the problem is most of the paid themes out there have problems. some of them don't even have all the icons, if i am going to pay for a theme it needs to be complete. how about a free update when new 3rd party apps are released. i am coming from an iphone and the themes from the hacker community are all free, with updates and can by customized a lot more. If you want to sell it thats fine but how about updating it so all icons are there, make it so the user can set the today features and Listen to request. i see a lot of theme builders posting this under the link to the shopping cart " do not request a change unless you will donate."
    01-19-09 11:00 AM
    the problem is most of the paid themes out there have problems. some of them don't even have all the icons, if i am going to pay for a theme it needs to be complete. how about a free update when new 3rd party apps are released. i am coming from an iphone and the themes from the hacker community are all free, with updates and can by customized a lot more. If you want to sell it thats fine but how about updating it so all icons are there, make it so the user can set the today features and Listen to request. i see a lot of theme builders posting this under the link to the shopping cart " do not request a change unless you will donate."
    Just a heads up to you Phone Junkie..seeing you have no experience with Plazmic Theme Builder I will inform you that you cannot edit third party icons..nuff said
    01-19-09 11:05 AM
    Just a heads up to you Phone Junkie..seeing you have no experience with Plazmic Theme Builder I will inform you that you cannot edit third party icons..nuff said

yes i have little experience with plazmic, i did not want to come off like i was a programmer. My point was to show the need for updates, builders are putting out a product and not fixing the little problems that people have. If you pay for something it should work right. like i stated in my O.P. to many pay themes have "do not request a change unless you will donate." it should be the other way around. "if you have a problem with this product, email me at ...and if it is the theme i will see what can be done to fix it." if you are not willing to fix the theme or listen to the buyer then make it free. there are other cell phone communities where people put everything out for free and do far more work than what some of the themes going for $7.00 took.

nuff said.
    01-19-09 11:34 AM
    As a theme maker, I think they should be free. If people like your work, they'll donate. There are other ways to get paid for your work.
    01-19-09 12:18 PM
    yes i have little experience with plazmic, i did not want to come off like i was a programmer. My point was to show the need for updates, builders are putting out a product and not fixing the little problems that people have. If you pay for something it should work right. like i stated in my O.P. to many pay themes have "do not request a change unless you will donate." it should be the other way around. "if you have a problem with this product, email me at ...and if it is the theme i will see what can be done to fix it." if you are not willing to fix the theme or listen to the buyer then make it free. there are other cell phone communities where people put everything out for free and do far more work than what some of the themes going for $7.00 took.

nuff said.
    Your opinion is taken...My advise to those who wannt the free themes go get them or make them yourself
    01-19-09 12:38 PM
    I say either free or a couple bucks. If i am buying software that is approaching $10, i expect some support for it. Not to say i couldn't get it, but chances are that my theme support will come from the community.
    01-19-09 12:57 PM
    I think a lot of the themes are worth $5-$7 just based on the quality. I realize that they take some time to produce and that should not be for nothing on the developer's end.

That said, there are plenty of places online to get good themes for free (donations always appreciated and I don't mind sending some money somebody's way once I try one out and decide to use it for a while). While all of the free themes are available it is always going to be hard to get people to pony up the money ahead of time only to get a theme that is no quite as impressive as the pictures/descriptions make it out to be (I have had some experience with this myself).

Are the themes worth the price they are given? Yes.

Is it reasonable to expect a lot of people to fork over the money on good faith without having the ability to test it out on their device with free alternatives so readily available? No.
    01-19-09 02:15 PM
    Your opinion is taken...My advise to those who wannt the free themes go get them or make them yourself
    I have paid for a couple themes...I have donated to a couple of people who do theirs for free...and i have taken a free theme...

I think that the price should reflect the work...

Oh and mind you i love all of your themes so don't get me wrong but if you would like to know how much people think is a good price for a theme and you believe that if people want a free theme they should make it themselves why put a FREE option in your poll???

I picked option C...right in the middle sometimes i like free other times i like to pay....just depends on how much money I have at the time and if i am looking for something in particular.
    01-19-09 09:33 PM
    I have paid for a couple themes...I have donated to a couple of people who do theirs for free...and i have taken a free theme...

I think that the price should reflect the work...

Oh and mind you i love all of your themes so don't get me wrong but if you would like to know how much people think is a good price for a theme and you believe that if people want a free theme they should make it themselves why put a FREE option in your poll???

I picked option C...right in the middle sometimes i like free other times i like to pay....just depends on how much money I have at the time and if i am looking for something in particular.

I put free to see what the people want..does not mean that I cant have my own opinion now does it?
    01-20-09 09:19 AM
    I do not find $2.00 to be a bad price for a theme. After all, it is only $2.00. I prefer free, but I will not complain about $2.
    01-20-09 09:21 AM
    The only reason why I don't believe in paying for themes is because I know that I change phones from time to time and you can't transfer the paid ones over....but that's just me
    Not sure about the other theme developers out there but if you purchase one of my themes I allow you to get a different version later for free.
    01-20-09 09:38 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD