Has anyone gotten this to work on a blackberry? I still havent on my curve i get a few different errors. If you don't know what it is just go to Orb and it explains it. Their website says it should work on any phone that has internet connection and a media player so idk if its my settings or if they are just wrong.

Thanks
    01-05-08 02:34 PM
    I think the distinction is that the media player has to support streaming media. I don't believe the blackberry media player supports streaming media. There was no mention of it on their website: BlackBerry - Media Player
    01-05-08 05:59 PM
    I know there have been a few people to get it to work on a pearl... Does anyone know of a different media player for curves that can stream?
    01-05-08 06:33 PM
    That's because the Pearl is the first device to get OS4.3 which supports streaming media. The rest of us will have to wait a little longer (arrrgh).
    01-05-08 08:29 PM
    Quoting myself from another thread:

...for streaming I am now using Dollars5's mediaPlayer. You must install via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software as the OTA gives error, but it's worth it! I had tried RadioBee, MFRadio, mWebPlayer/WebPlayerMidlet and their all fail in comparison. The adjustable buffer of Dollars5's mediaPlayer is what makes it I think (FAR fewer hiccups than the incumbents). MFRadio was effectively simple, but without an adjustable buffer the lag was too much to bear. FWIW I am using T-Mobiles EDGE which really isn't cut out for streaming much of anything...
    01-09-08 03:06 AM
    Any insight into when they might support A2DP? Just thought you might have heard something somewhere.
    01-09-08 08:56 AM
    Ok, so I have Orb running at home, and I just got a 8320 curve on TMo (yeah, EDGE rocks!). Anyway, following w00tw00t's advice, I tried out Dollars5's media player.

It's a nice player, but thus far I haven't been able to hook up the player such that it is the default player for media streams from the browser. Any ideas on how to do that?
    03-10-08 09:23 AM
    Got Orb up and running on my 8320 Curve using the latest tmobile OS. The kicker is you have to connect through tzones, not the internet browser. Not sure the difference in settings, but streaming for me only seems to work through tzones. Tzones also lets me stream YouTube vids.

Orb Rocks!!!!!!!!!
    12-28-08 04:50 AM
    if you update to the newest 4.5 software it should work on any phone
    12-28-08 03:45 PM
    I tried it on my 8330 with the latest OS 4.5 and I got nothing but errors. I'd really like this to work too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 03:56 PM
    I tried it on my 8330 with the latest OS 4.5 and I got nothing but errors. I'd really like this to work too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Make sure you ORB settings are set to stream in flash mode.
    12-28-08 08:32 PM
    Per support.orb.com/kb/entry/118/ (sorry I can't hyperlink this... I'm new to the crackberry forums, and you have to post 10 times before they let you post a URL.) I tried unchecking the box Use UPnP for DirectStream on your Orb PC (Orb tray icon > Configuration > Advanced) to disable DirectStream and force your Orb PC to send all streams through TCP port 82.

Guess what... IT WORKED.

I can now stream both VIDEO & AUDIO to my Blackberry Storm.

Hope it works for you as well.
    01-06-09 01:42 AM
    i works for me too. Curve on Sprint, only complaint video size is way to small, and have not found a way to fix that yet
    01-13-09 02:32 AM
    It works on my curve, but the media player displays it the size of a US postage stamp, which is really straining to watch. Orb is a great free product though, if you are in a wifi zone, there is nothing like watching your home tv on the other side of the world. =)

Anyone have an idea to how you can get the media player to display the feed larger?

PS, got a curve 8330 and with the proper set up and 4.5 OS Orb with definitely stream.
    02-09-09 11:17 AM
    Make sure you ORB settings are set to stream in flash mode.
    By this, do you mean setting the default stream format to Orb Flash Player on the PC browser settings?
    03-10-09 04:34 PM
    OK so I've gotten orb to work on my Blackberry Curve 8310 (with the 4.5 software update).

My problem is: if I select "play all" for an album that resides on my PC the Blackberry media player plays the first song fine, but there are no skip track buttons: there are only pause, stop, rewind and fastforward (within tracks). Is there a way to do this?

Also I tried opening up some word docs (97-2003 format) and my BB said it was an unrecognized file type. I was under the impression that the BB can open up Office documents.
    08-09-09 07:00 PM
    I had success upon my first attempt using Orb; no special settings.

But I have to complain about the size of the video. It makes no sense why it is so small, except to accomodate the smallest of LCD screens on phones. I wish it was more Blackberry specific. Want to see a fullscreen RTSP stream from NASA full screen the way it should be? go to: rtsp://a1352.l1857053128.c18570.g.lq.akamaistream.net/D/1352/18570/v0001/reflector:53128
    09-22-09 12:22 AM
    I too have gotten it to work.
    09-22-09 08:37 AM
    I'm on 5.0 with my Bold 9700 and I keep getting "An error has occurred attempting to play media" message. Any ideas?

After I click ok I get " Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive." Both on 3G and wi-fi
    01-31-10 04:42 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 and also have the problem with the picture being really tiny and not taking up the full screen...any ideas?
    02-23-10 08:45 AM
    I'm on 5.0 with my Bold 9700 and I keep getting "An error has occurred attempting to play media" message. Any ideas?

After I click ok I get " Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive." Both on 3G and wi-fi
    Same problem here same phone. Can't find a solution to this. Works great for months, then I upgrade to OS 5.0 on my old Bold 9000. Couple weeks later this starts happening. I get a new Bold 9700 and have the same issue right from the start.
    02-23-10 10:51 PM
    has anyone figure out how to get orb to work on a 9700? can you post your setup. this thread stopped months ago with no resolution.
    11-05-10 11:37 PM
    I love this site/app(on mac)! I have a Mac with a built-in iSight camera, and using orb I can use my iSight anywhere I want from my PB!! I can always know if someone is in my room. :P I can even hear if they are talking or not too. This is so cool!
    04-30-11 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD