So, my fav radio station is Klove (klove.com). They stream their music online and I often listen thru their website, so I thought, use your new BB to listen to it! But every time I try to stream their music thru my BB, I am asked if I have Windows Media or Real Player and am unable to make it work.

I opened a thread on here asking about streaming radio and was told to try Moodio.fm. I did, but Moodio.fm just brought me back to that same page (asking if I had Windows Media or Real Player).

I'm at my wits' end! Surely there is a way to listen to streaming radio without paying for XM! Does the BB browser or Opera Mini have Windows Media or Real Player? Please help!
    01-12-09 11:38 PM
    01-12-09 11:45 PM
    Slacker or flycast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 11:47 PM
    +1 for slacker!!

01-13-09 12:42 AM
    Oh yes slacker is definitely the way to go...

01-13-09 12:45 AM
    Ditto on Slacker

01-13-09 12:59 AM
    Slacker is great, but being that I think K-Love is Christian radio, might not be what she's looking for.

Here's how you get moodio fm and K-Love or any other station to work on your blackberry...

First, on your home computer PC or Mac (meaning not on your blackberry), go to Welcome to Moodio! | Moodio
    Select "create an account". Follow the steps listed and write down your account and password info.
    Next, still on home computer now, log into your account, if the sign up process didn't do this for you already. Now, the first page you'll see has a search box and another box with lots of genres of music. ignore them and just type "K-Love" in the search box and click "apply". my search this way brought up 2 different hits for klove. in the 'My stations" column click "add" for both, in case one isn't working.
    Do the same search and add for any other stations you like.

Now, moving on to the BB....

on the berry browser, navigate to m.moodio.fm
    ....or better yet, navigate to http://edlindustries.com/launchers/moodio/moodio.jad , which will create a blackberry home screen application to launch moodio fm mobile website above.
    Login to you moodio account with the information given when you created the account.
    Your klove and any other stations you added on the desktop should be avail for streaming on your Blackberry

Hope this helps.
    01-13-09 01:26 AM
    u have to get Slacker mobile for blackberry! it just came out and it works great!
    01-13-09 01:28 AM
    She could type in christian radio and it should just play that on slacker

01-13-09 01:29 AM
    True. But I think most of the time people just want their questions answered.
    01-13-09 02:08 AM
    If they stream their stations over the internet you could try to see if you can play it through Nobex Radio Companion...
    01-13-09 02:34 AM
    Slacker is amazing! I just downloaded a couple of days ago, and haven't been able to stop listening. You can type an artist's name and Slacker will create a radio station with similar artists. This might work for the OP. It's worth a try!

01-13-09 06:24 AM
    Melinda:

I just checked Moodio and KLOV is a defined station, so you could add KLOV to your list of stations...... You should be able to get it on your BB from there.

Slacker is a cool product, and their station selection is pretty good, plus you can create your own. You may want to check it out.....
    Last edited by BellaLuna; 01-13-09 at 06:41 AM.
    01-13-09 06:36 AM
    Slacker is pretty good. I like Pandora but not yet available for BB.
    01-13-09 07:43 AM
    Hi guys. Just wondering if you guys knew how much data is used when in use. Thanks.
    01-13-09 07:49 AM
    A lot use unlimited package.

01-13-09 08:03 AM
    I'm a Slacker Cracker!!!!!
    01-13-09 10:11 AM
    So, my fav radio station is Klove (klove.com). They stream their music online and I often listen thru their website, so I thought, use your new BB to listen to it! But every time I try to stream their music thru my BB, I am asked if I have Windows Media or Real Player and am unable to make it work.
    I like Slacker and Flycast. However, I don't think we answered the question. Anyone know?
    01-13-09 10:14 AM
    I'm a Slacker Cracker!!!!!

ditto that one
    01-13-09 10:16 AM
    I like Slacker and Flycast. However, I don't think we answered the question. Anyone know?
    Someone mentioned Klove being listed on Moodio and gave steps to set it up.

On teh FLycast V Slacker thing, I hear Slacker is better but unfortunately not available outside of the US.

Did some flycast testing earlier. 128 (HQ) stations on Standard Bold battery works out @ 1 hour for 20%
    01-13-09 11:21 AM
    I prefer Slacker. I really like abu's step by step. Good job!
    01-13-09 12:46 PM
    Hey guys, I am looking for a way to stream my local am sports radio station to stream on my blackberry. The station has a website that streams the station, I wonder if there is a way to do this?
    01-13-09 01:17 PM
    Nobex Radio Companion
    01-13-09 01:19 PM
    Hey guys, I am looking for a way to stream my local am sports radio station to stream on my blackberry. The station has a website that streams the station, I wonder if there is a way to do this?
    As someone replied to the original poster, you should be able to add the link to moodio.fm and then play it through moodio. Look for the reply by abu4321.

Works well for the local am station here in Atlanta...
    01-13-09 01:28 PM
    As someone replied to the original poster, you should be able to add the link to moodio.fm and then play it through moodio. Look for the reply by abu4321.

Works well for the local am station here in Atlanta...
    Ok got it! Works perfect thanks!
    01-13-09 01:47 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD