Hello all. I tried a search on this myself and couldnt come up with anything. When Im replying or Texting to someone in landscape mode, I notice that when im tryping fast that sometimes the keyboard will just go away like as if I clicked somewhere to remove it. Then I pull it up and try clicking all around and cant for the life of me, find out why its disappearing sometimes. I have the Official .75 OS. Anyone else having this issue sometimes? And what could be the button or anything that im doing that is making that keyboard disapear sometimes? Thanks for takin the time to read this.

Nick
    01-12-09 11:19 PM
    i have the same os and my phone does the same thing
    01-12-09 11:24 PM
    If you slide your finger down across the keyboard it will disapear in landscape mode. It happened to me a lot, while texting sometimes you don't lift your finger all the way off the screen and that's what causes it.

Once its gone in the bottom left corner should be the option to bring the keyboard up, or you can put your finger at the bottom of the page and slide it up, they keyboard should come back.
    01-12-09 11:24 PM
    Thanks for the reply. When texting, I try to life my finger all the time cause I know the Normal way the keyboard is supposed to go up and down. But I never thought or even know if im sliding my finger downwards like that and I dont think I am. Not sure, but ill try and double check next time. I think this is a glitch. The other guy even said it happens to him. Ill have to text slow now just to see if that happens lol. Thanks though
    01-12-09 11:32 PM
    yes, i do as well. i am also running the same OS as you. the explanation seems to make sense. and since i have noticed that it tends to happen during the times when i am trying to type faster it is quite possible that i don't realze that i am not lifting my finger all the way.
    01-13-09 12:10 AM
    That was happening to me too, i upgraded to .85 and the keyboard doesnt disappear. Im running .86 now and the keyboard doesnt disappear.
    01-13-09 12:13 AM
    I am running .75 as well and it does it to me when I am using SureType

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 12:23 AM
    The disappearing keyboard rocked my life, it is the main reason I upgraded to a leaked OS. I BBM all day and the keyboard would go MIA every 5 min and I couldnt take it anymore. If it is as big a deal to any of you as it was to me I would upgrade the OS and Im able to text even faster with the new OS it keeps up much better.
    Last edited by BB1334; 01-13-09 at 12:40 AM.
    01-13-09 12:35 AM
    Hmm interesting. I just wanted to see if it was happening to other people and I see it was now so Im not crazy lol. Ill wait till the official OS comes out though. I really dont have other major problems with this one. Thanks guys!
    01-13-09 08:52 PM
    Mine does it, I assume I swipe down.

Sometimes, though, rather than disappear it will move the cursor from the input box to the middle of a received message.
    This drives me insane, as I clicked nowhere near where it ends up.
    01-13-09 09:08 PM
    Listen to me - read the tips section for Storm: Make one of your convenience keys be the virtual keyboard. Our fingers do things we are not aware of - frustrating things. This will bring joy back into your typing !

Doctor Neutron
    01-13-09 11:05 PM
    i have a thread created.

just lift your thumb up. it fixed it for me.
    01-13-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD