OMG - it's so annoying not to have an '@' on the main keyboard. Having to click over to the numbers to get it is just stupid. This is a communications device, where email is a chief use - why isn't it on the main keyboard where free space clearly is available????
    01-12-09 03:33 PM
    When you're entering an e-mail address, pressing the space key will insert an @ the first time, and a . every other time.
    01-12-09 03:34 PM
    yeah , and honestly its not that hard to click the number button lol...... it could be worse.
    01-12-09 03:35 PM
    Totaly agree... pain in the arse

Is it just me or do you have to press the number key before typing numbers in txt . email as well??

Takes ages to write a phone number
    01-12-09 03:36 PM
    OMG - it's so annoying not to have an '@' on the main keyboard. Having to click over to the numbers to get it is just stupid. This is a communications device, where email is a chief use - why isn't it on the main keyboard where free space clearly is available????
    Congratulations. You have won the award for most nitpicky thing ever. pressing that ONE extra button must be brutal.
    01-12-09 03:37 PM

Is it just me or do you have to press the number key before typing numbers in txt . email as well??

Hold the number key down for a second (probably even less) - that locks in the number pad until you hit the number key again.
    01-12-09 03:37 PM

Hold down the number key for 1 second bro. Then it locks it in and you can type a phone number easily.....man, this is some minor stuff to complain about.
    01-12-09 03:39 PM
    When you're entering an e-mail address, pressing the space key will insert an @ the first time, and a . every other time.
    Thanks! Big help!

To everyone else who bashes me instead of helping, get a life.
    01-12-09 03:40 PM
    Thanks! Big help!

Life? What is that? All I know about Life is Blackberry and Crackberry.com lol

01-12-09 03:43 PM
    Thanks! Big help!

Come one dude. Bashing you? What do you expect?

People click on a thread titled "Why isn't there and '@' on the keyboard" thinking maybe you're having a problem and they can help and they read a complaint about something that minor that you could have solved yourself if you made a little effort and read some other threads.....

BBs have a lot they can do and generally speaking RIM has thought of most stuff. Take some time and learn how your device works and what it can do. You'll probably discover some pretty cool stuff.
    01-12-09 03:49 PM
    Haha I can't even believe this thread. If you look at the keyboard it is designed like the one for every other BB device. When in portrait, the keyboard mimmicks the same exact one of the Pearl. When in landscape its exactly like the Curve and the others. Thats why there is "clearly" extra space. These phones were designed to be an easy transition for current BB customers. The buttons were put in familiar places for a seamless transition for current users.

You can press and hold the number key and it will stay on that virtual keyboard. You can press the space bar and get the @. You can do tons of different thing. Experiment! Don't just come onto a forum and gripe.

This is my very first BB and I noticed all of these things right away. Have you ever had another smartphone before? You have to push a series of buttons to make things happen. The phone isn't just going to do everything for you. But of course, I'm sure you could have made a much much better phone, right? I seriously get bewildered by threads like this sometimes.
    01-12-09 03:53 PM
    Thanks! Big help!

I'm all for defending the flamed, but ya gotta admit you set yourself up with your tone:

"Having to click over to the numbers to get it is just stupid. This is a communications device, where email is a chief use - why isn't it on the main keyboard where free space clearly is available???? "

Now - I am just betting if you said - is there any way to get the @ on the main screen? the only flame you would have had was for being lazy and not reading the very first page of tips and tricks sticky....
    01-12-09 03:55 PM
    Haha I can't even believe this thread. If you look at the keyboard it is designed like the one for every other BB device. When in portrait, the keyboard mimmicks the same exact one of the Pearl. When in landscape its exactly like the Curve and the others. Thats why there is "clearly" extra space. These phones were designed to be an easy transition for current BB customers. The buttons were put in familiar places for a seamless transition for current users.

You can press and hold the number key and it will stay on that virtual keyboard. You can press the space bar and get the @. You can do tons of different thing. Experiment! Don't just come onto a forum and gripe.

This is my very first BB and I noticed all of these things right away. Have you ever had another smartphone before? You have to push a series of buttons to make things happen. The phone isn't just going to do everything for you. But of course, I'm sure you could have made a much much better phone, right? I seriously get bewildered by threads like this sometimes.
    Not Everyone is Like you Poopie-

The best thing we can do is give help to those who need it.

Crackberry is being flooded by newbies, and we should welcome them fondly, and not attack them.

-Dear MadCow,

Don't attack those who offer help.

It is you who is the interested party, you need our help.

Don't get Snippy.
    01-12-09 03:58 PM
    Thanks! Big help!

To be fair, you didn't really ask for help; your original post seemed to be a complaint, and nothing more.
    01-12-09 04:04 PM
    To be fair, you didn't really ask for help; your original post seemed to be a complaint, and nothing more.
    Ah. My point exactly. I clicked on a thread titled "Why isn't there an '@' on the keyboard" thinking there was an issue I might be able to help with and all I read was a complaint that has several solutions all of which could have been found on this site with a simple search.
    01-12-09 04:08 PM
    all I read was a complaint that has several solutions all of which could have been found on this site with a simple search.
    I did search. I used the '@' character and different word combinations like 'email' and 'keyboard', but every search resulted in:

The search term you specified (@) has a word under the minimum word length (1) and therefore will not be found. Please remove this short word, or replace it with a longer word.

Thanks for your help.
    01-12-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD