I swear I read something about this, but now I can't find the thread.

Is there a "night mode" or "sleep mode" for the phone? My email notifier goes off all night waking me up everytime. Is there something I can do so all my notifiers/ringers are off at night?

Thanks!
    01-12-09 06:14 AM
    At bed time I usually set my profile to phone only. It shuts off all the email and text alerts while still letting the phone ring

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 06:29 AM
    I usually go into Profiles and set it to Quiet...this will disable ALL notifications including the phone ringer!

01-12-09 06:32 AM
    Perfect! Thanks guys!
    01-12-09 06:34 AM
    I swear I read something about this, but now I can't find the thread.

Is there a "night mode" or "sleep mode" for the phone? My email notifier goes off all night waking me up everytime. Is there something I can do so all my notifiers/ringers are off at night?

Thanks!
    When you place your phone in its beltclip, it goes into sleep mode. I have a ringtone program and its set to "all silent in holster", so at night I place it into beltclip and dont hear a peep.
    01-12-09 09:25 AM
    You can also set the auto on/off.
    Options->Auto On/Off
    That will put the phone into standby at a certain time and bring it out of standby at a certain time. Then it will stay quiet during those times.
    -Rich

01-13-09 08:12 AM
    Why Dont You Try The Auto On Auto Off Functions So You Can Set It For When You Go To Sleep And Wake Up
    01-13-09 08:25 AM
    if you put it in phone only mode, will the phone alarm go off? I use my phone in the AM as my alarm.
    01-13-09 09:15 AM
    when you plug it in push the menu button and select the bedside mode then it will return to bedside whenever it is plugged in
    Last edited by hughc; 01-16-09 at 10:15 PM.
    01-16-09 09:49 PM
    I can't trust my Storm to wake itself up and sound an alarm. Multiple sound conflicts cause it to go into a quiet ding-ding-ding mode that will not wake me up.

I sometimes leave it plugged in at night and I charge it during the day at time so the charging mode is not a good option.

Since I don't use a magnetic belt clip holder I have found the most reliable method is a variation of kp9322's idea. I use the hyberpad to avoid fiddling with the profile, having it quiet at night and automatically reseting in the morning when I take it off the pad. Nothing worse than missing alerts after forgetting to reset the profile.
    10-25-10 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD